snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Comprehensibility optional (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Comprehensibility optional
DrFraud
We Three Blings

Icon 207 posted      Profile for DrFraud     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Do all legends contained for this site get demolished if sent to
a place of work due to the sketchiness of the topic or are some allowed to
be sent?

You installed a filter for other people's email, Snopes? Wish you could sic it on the bozos who sent the fifty bazillion "Microsoft" virus spams I've gotten...

--------------------
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars. So are disgrace, defeat, exposure to immediate scorn and laughter."
- William Hazlitt; _Table-Talk: Essays On Men And Manners_

Posts: 1055 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: this week jim about 810am withe r this monday or tue he
read read a letter abut what happen when we wer young

like when we palind out side untuill the lights came on

when we had no cell phone can no one can be reached

please em mail this or show me where on the web i can fine this
winy

mon 12*1 or 12*3*2003

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lavender blue
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 96 posted      Profile for lavender blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: this week jim about 810am withe r this monday or tue he
read read a letter abut what happen when we wer young

like when we palind out side untuill the lights came on

when we had no cell phone can no one can be reached

please em mail this or show me where on the web i can fine this
winy

mon 12*1 or 12*3*2003

OK. After crossing my eyes and unfocusing my brain, I think the poor guy is looking for this glurge as it seems to fit the 'played outside without cell phones' bit. I also think that he may have heard it on the radio or tv, thus the '810am' phrase. I am at a complete loss to explain the date business at the end.

What do I win?

lavender "Can I get the product from my experiment back from the waste container?" blue

--------------------
catagenesis [evol]-evolution leading to decadence and decreased vigor.

Posts: 480 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.asp

Comment: My name is Sandra. I am a college student at
Miami-Dade Community College. I Had sent more than 200 emails. I don't
receive any confirmation number email in 3 minutes as you said. Not only
this, but also when I forward the message to my friends, they received it.
but in my email it wrote faillure to delivery. What happen. What is this.
My another question is:" I don't see you mention that you will write
people by email. How will you contact this person for the check. I still
believe and don't believe in that. I am confused. Help me please cause I
still have a bunch of email. Cause I speak Haitian Creole, Spanish,
French, and English. I love chatting for fun. Thanks Forward

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 108 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am a college student at Miami-Dade Community College.
...majoring in gullability.

quote:
I still believe and don't believe in that. I am confused.
Really? What was your first clue?

quote:
Thanks Forward
You're Welcome *Delete*
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Cause I speak Haitian Creole, Spanish,
French, and English. I love chatting for fun. Thanks Forward

she can speak all those languages, unfortunately nobody that speaks those languages understands her....

thelone " oh yeah, I can speak farsi and swahili, tamil, and papiamento, celtic, gaelic,etc, etc...tehy just don't get my accent" abalone

--------------------
num, me vexo?

Posts: 1299 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StarlandVocalBand
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 506 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Cause I speak Haitian Creole, Spanish,
French, and English.

Apparently, she doesn't read any of those languages, though.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sparvid

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What happen.

Someone set up us the bomb.
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sparvid:
quote:
What happen.

Someone set up us the bomb.
We get signal.

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nuclear Mosquito
Crane Damaged

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Nuclear Mosquito   E-mail Nuclear Mosquito   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Main screen turn on!

--------------------
If my calculations are correct: SLINKY + escalator = endless fun!

Posts: 317 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 98 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
it's you!

--------------------
num, me vexo?

Posts: 1299 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 01 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
How are you gentlemen!!

(here it comes...)

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 303 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All your base are belong to us

DarkDan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please, people -- we all know the routine. There's no need to post a dialogue everybody knows by heart a line at a time; it just takes up space without contributing anything to the discussion.

- snopes

theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
sorry. my bad.
BTW how is creole different from just french? or is it just like patois? should creole count as a separate language? if so then I could count yucatan spanish as an additional language I speak.

--------------------
num, me vexo?

pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theloneabalone:
sorry. my bad.
BTW how is creole different from just french? or is it just like patois? should creole count as a separate language? if so then I could count yucatan spanish as an additional language I speak.

Ok, while I have seen at least one dictionary use "creole" as partial definition for "patois," it really works like this:

A patois is a regional dialect using different words/grammar than the base language, but descended entirely from the base language (or retaining words/grammar/usage lost to the base language).

A pidgin is a common tongue that is native to no one but used for mutual communication among different language groups. One language is usually the base language, with a simplified grammar, alternate words (to accomodate different phonemes) and borrow-words from multiple languages.

A creole is basically a pidgin language which became a native language. In Haiti, for example, we have French as the main language, spoken as a pidgin by the various linguage groups with borrow words from multiple African languages plus new words that are either corruptions or combinations from any or all of the multiple languages. Over time the Creole became the native language.

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Apparitia Kissing Santa Claus

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theloneabalone:

My mom is from the Seychelles Islands, and she spoke (has forgotten much of it) what they called "Creole." I believe it is different frrom New Orleans Creole. It is also known as Seychellois (pronounced Say-Shell-Wah), and is a mixture of French, English, and African dialects.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have just changed providers and was not able to change email
address as I enjoy your info.

TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 101 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I have just changed providers and was not able to change email
address as I enjoy your info.

Uhm.. can't you just subscribe with your new e-mail address? Then again that may take too much effort and thought to actualy accompolish that small task.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: this is , bye the bye, the quite possible thing i have ever seen.
i can not believe that i am doin this. but i do not subcribe to this. i
think that people die this time a year only because i am one. therefore i
know. who ever you may be, death is a very alone thing. very very alone.
umm, to whom it may concern.

do not be mad at the machine, only think, i wish i had heart for every
one. but i do not. and that as they say is that.

and take your numbers and be done. i was only two thousnad and two. but i
know what it is to "hug" yourself. maybe some day you shall too. maybe.

rockland6674

Icon 06 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
i can not believe that i am doin this.
i can not believe that i am readin this.

quote:
but i do not subcribe to this.
Don't you want to take advantage of our special offer, and receive 18 issues for the price of 12?

quote:

umm, shouldn't this have come at the beginning of the letter?

quote:

do not be mad at the machine

...but it ate my quarter!!! [Mad]

quote:
take your numbers and be done
I got 1119. And they're only up to #328. Damn, I knew I should'a brought a good book...

quote:
i know what it is to "hug" yourself.
Yes, I'm sure your arms spend a lot of time in that position, what with the straightjacket and all.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 05 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooookay. This is one VERY weird message.

Dark"i had heart for every one. but i do not."Dan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hello,

I written script.
Title:Leader.
Ganer:Action,Fantastic.
And me what do to.
I wait for the answer.
Thank you.

vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Actually, after I read this, it kinda creeped me out. For some reason, I read it as a suicide note, perhaps because:
quote:
i
think that people die this time a year only because i am one.

one that will die this time of year?

vanilla(shivers)pink

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by resEchildrenchildrenLution:
quote:
Comment: yo i was disapointed at ur web site i thought ur horrors
selelction would let me read legonds that happen to peple u know like u
make somtin up so i could read and be scared but i went to it and it was
verry stupid also could u please send me the utrl to the hallaween u know
michelk myers please ty

*Screams* Ah! Vogan poetry!

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: hey hey hows it going just one thought or question regarding
extra_titanian. now my thoughs are is that why don't you have someone add
him too there contacts list and set him up.

theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
slavemaster changed his ICQ handle to extra_titanian?? wow, he really is sneaky....

--------------------
num, me vexo?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have an email of a democratic senator and would like to know if
it is a democratic senator, true or false. Is there anyway I can find
out? Can you advise?

NansJns

Icon 603 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You can send an actual senator through e-mail now?? Wow, I didn't know that! Did you shove him/her into the disk drive or cram him/her into the CD drive? Musta hurt, either way...

I think I'm too tired to be posting...

*~*Nans"contents of e-mail may arrive bruised"Jns*~*

Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know a democratic senator I'd like to email somewhere... [Smile]

Eve "Give ya hint, she's representing my state..." MG

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Sirs

I do no longer wish to receive your drop down leave from this particular
subscriber, because of my lack of knowledge it is very annoyingng.

thank you

Nion
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nion         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I do no longer wish to receive your drop down leave..."

Leaves are dropping down on his computer? Perhaps he should bring it inside...

"because of my lack of knowledge it is very annoyingng."

Is it Snopes' fault he has a lack of knowledge when it comes to spelling and grammer? [Big Grin]

Jonathan "I need better jokes" Prescott

--------------------
It can't rain all the time.

Posts: 1102 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kivrin

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"I do no longer wish to receive your drop down leave from this particular"

Either he no longer wishes to have Snopes' leave to drop down from a particular placement, or Snopes is bending over and dropping trou. And this guy doesn't like it.

"subscriber, because of my lack of knowledge it is very annoyingng."

Subscriber, your lack of knowledge is also really annoying. Here, have some candy and watch some TV. You won't be bothered by your lack of knowledge anymore.

Kiv "I can't believe I'm writing this between syllables" rin

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The whole thing is that this web site is the site that made
jkcinema.com so it about dumb.
and on the wizard of oz .. its is true b/c a bird like a big peacock
or emu couldnt get up in a tree and jump down and swing if so u film
it and freaking send it to me ... ur site is bogus.. and most of these
legends are true so u can kiss my ass . there is my damn comment
so i am right about this and well ur not cuz ur dumb !!!!!!!!!!!!
And U Know it hahahaaha hehehhehehehhehehehehe
peace out my nigga

zman977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: The whole thing is that this web site is the site that made
jkcinema.com so it about dumb.
and on the wizard of oz .. its is true b/c a bird like a big peacock
or emu couldnt get up in a tree and jump down and swing if so u film
it and freaking send it to me ... ur site is bogus.. and most of these
legends are true so u can kiss my ass . there is my damn comment
so i am right about this and well ur not cuz ur dumb !!!!!!!!!!!!
And U Know it hahahaaha hehehhehehehhehehehehe
peace out my nigga

Did anyone elce get a head ache after reading that. I mean my spelling is not the greatest but this person makes me look like a natinonal spelling champion. I won't even mention the poor grammer. My two year old niece can write better than that.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages