snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Comprehensibility optional (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Comprehensibility optional
Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Christ said be not against oil at the endtime .

I found it in the Bible:

"Look to the East, the Middle, and obtain stock thereof. When the price of oil hits $100, the end times are at hand...".

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Damian:
quote:
Comment: I thought you might find the article good (yes).How do you like my article?A memorial day is coming up. That date is dec 7th. we were attacked by japan on that date.So why are we( not me) people driving japanese cars? the irony of the story is i thought we won the war,becasuse a lot of americans are buying them cars. So i guess that means we are bowing to them and kissing you know what. so they won the war

There is so much wrong with this that it's hard to know where to start.
Let's start with the first word. Specifically, let's delete it. And everything that follows.

Oh my Lord.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by franjava:
My Toyota was made in Canada. Does that mean I'm kssing Canadian you-know-what. Come here Canuckistan, so I can kiss your little dancing chicken tush!

You mean you haven't been doing so to this point?

For shame, franjava. For shame. [Razz]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So I guess we lost both the American Revolution and War of 1812 since Americans buy British cars? And we lost both WWI and WWII since we buy German and Italian cars? And we must have lost some war to Sweden and France for the Saabs, Volvos, and Renaults. And we must have somehow lost to the South Koreans even though we were fighting with them due to Hyundais.

PS. So why don't I ever see a Vietnamese car?

PPS. I guess I'm kissing Tennessee or Kentucky you know what since my Toyota was built in the US.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My parents drive Dodges. Who's nfbsk are they kissing?

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did they buy them before or after the merger with Daimler?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: john denver WAS an ordained minister.considering he's dead.

Is this person saying that ordained ministers are dead? Or that you are no longer to be considered a minister at any time when you die? Or are they just really, really stupid?

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Damian
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damian   E-mail Damian   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...we were attacked by japan...so why are we (not me) people driving japanese cars? the irony of the story is i thought we won the war,because a lot of americans are buying them cars. So i guess that means we are bowing to them and kissing you know what. so they won the war
You Americans should be driving cars made by Mercedes and BMW.

OOOPS...I forgot about WWII.

You Americans should be driving cars made by Ferrari and Bugatti.

Nope....Italy were the enemy in WWII as well.

Ummmm....Jaguar and Bentley....can't forget the War of Independence.

Renault and Peugeot??? Only if they renamed them "Freedom Cars".

Hyundai....Korean War.
Isuzu are made in Vietnam now aren't they.
And the Ford Focus is being made in Russia.

So why don't y'all buy good ol' American cars. Oh yeah, the Civil War, can't be seen to be kissin' up to the damn Confederacy.

Either stop going to war with everyone or buy an Australian car.

--------------------
"I always tell the truth. Even when I lie." - Tony Montana

Posts: 890 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 601 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Reminds me of a old Nursery Rhyme parody (mid-late 70's, I think) from Mad Magazine:

"Sing a song of six pence, a pocketful of yen
Magnivox and Sony undersold again
See the U.S. suffer from the job we do
This is how we get revenge for losing WWII."

Trish "Must be old. It's talking about t.v.s" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Toyota Crash not real look and the picture thats far away there
how is the guy head on the same side of his ass

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Does anyone else think that reads like refrigerator poetry?

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: On the virus thing where you put aaa to stop virises from
spreading insn't true but is very help full because if you hat 1 address
in your adress book that was but vailid, but unused the computer would
inform you that it tried to send itself and you could do the things to
delete it with you anti virus.Also you could warn the recipitant to delete
it.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Will send you a virus? screening result which blocked a link
"Osama.url" when I tried to send a link to a relative of your "Osama
hanged" page in response to their sending us the virus alert (marked
"Snopes says this is real!").

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages