snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » You're welcome for nothing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You're welcome for nothing
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/nogas.htm

Comment: Thank you so much for all the information. I will only get gas at
the good stations from now on.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I figured it would be msg after msg just to stuff my mail box full of crap. Just forget that I even sent a message. It is always something meaning nothing. You are like all the rest you just keep sending messages that don't mean a thing. I just wanted the answer to one simple question, and instead of answering my question you just want to keep going over and over. Block me out of your mail bag. I will not answer another thing you send to me. Your name and address is going to my junk file.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi-
I am an expat living in Bangkok, Thailand, and i would just like to
tell you that your article about the mistranslated menu really isn't
anything special. There are things in Bangkok that are translated like
that all over. I have multiple shirts that say "You me love puppy momo" or
"bear cup hot- stop to annoy animals you do not alone earth.". The airline
ticket is the same. I really think that you shouldn't include these
becasue they really aren't anything special.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I THINK COKE COLA IS A GOOD DRINK AND I THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT OUT
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you have a party where you brought out Coke?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I THINK COKE COLA IS A GOOD DRINK AND I THANK YOU FOR BRINGING IT OUT

I don't think it's really appropriate to out anything without their approval. Did you get Coke's permission before revealing it was a gay drink? [fish]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 214 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was reading your article on marlboro and two interesting points
were overlooked. First, there is a pic of a klansman on the front of the
pack. Look very closely at the opening between the horses legs it is a
silhouette of a klansman holding his arm out pointing to the banner. The
second is within the past year the have taking the words off of the
banner, I wonder why after so many years. Also you have to look at the
image of the klansman the same way you would a those pictures you have to
stare at it a while before you see the 3-d image. Any way all I am trying
to say is dont look directly at it, well anyway thanks

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I was reading your article on marlboro and two interesting points
were overlooked. First, there is a pic of a klansman on the front of the
pack. Look very closely at the opening between the horses legs it is a
silhouette of a klansman holding his arm out pointing to the banner. The
second is within the past year the have taking the words off of the
banner, I wonder why after so many years. Also you have to look at the
image of the klansman the same way you would a those pictures you have to
stare at it a while before you see the 3-d image. Any way all I am trying
to say is dont look directly at it
, well anyway thanks

What happens if you look directly at it? Will you turn into a burning cross?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 217 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: thank you for evry things.
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
u r welcum

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Sometimes it takes to long for the pictures to come up. Some of
the false things you people put on here are not even funny.

Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, snopes. We want a chuckle when we read that Mr. Rogers wasn't in the military or that Disney isn't in cryonic storage.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it your intention to continue to publish racist comments on
immigration? If so, please remove me from your mailing list.

Hillary K., fair and balanced
Deck the Malls

Icon 600 posted      Profile for Hillary K., fair and balanced   Author's Homepage   E-mail Hillary K., fair and balanced   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If they write them, snopes will respond.

Hillary "so stop writing them" K.

--------------------
"See that there is evil, and know that there is good."

Love can conquer anything. (for HR)

Home of the dynasty

Posts: 342 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is it your intention to continue to publish racist comments on
immigration? If so, please remove me from your mailing list.

I went to university with a girl like this. When I was features editor of the campus newspaper, I ran a feature on this guy, explaining what his views were, and what the opposition to him is.

The girl (and I refuse to call her woman -- she obviously hadn't grown up) stormed into the newspaper office and told the editor-in-chief he was a racist for allowing the piece to run. Said her: "If you run the piece, you must agree with him."

Such people are asshats. And should be treated accordingly.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

[sticks fingers in ears] I can't hear you, neener, neener, neener!

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Esprise Me
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Canuckistan--we studied that guy in psych class and a few people had similar reactions to what you described. Our professor pointed out that you can learn a lot about humankind by studying the theories that resonate with people, whether or not those theories have any merit. Especially when they don't.

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Esprise Me, the asshat I described was also in one of my fourth-year classes.

It took everything I had to not denounce her as an enemy of free speech. But I'm a nice guy, so I let her go. For now.

ETA: I'm glad you studied him. He should be studied. I want to know how my enemies think, and he's a perfect example of my enemies.

--------------------

Esprise Me

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Esprise Me     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowing your opponent, understanding what makes people fall for stupid crap--that's kind of what this site's all about, isn't it?

--------------------
"If God wrote it, the grammar must be infallible. Perhaps it is we who are mistaken." -MapleLeaf

Posts: 977 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: thanks for the spyware. NOT. (re Ashley Flores)
Canuckistan

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: thanks for the spyware. NOT.

1992 called. It wants its joke back.

--------------------

Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought "SIKE" was in use then...I wouldn't know I was only 7...I saw somewhere someone had put "Pysche"...hmm...

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
entropy9
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropy9   E-mail entropy9   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I thought it WAS pysche...or something like that :-P
Posts: 73 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Teodoro
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teodoro   E-mail Teodoro   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
We get some folks like the "that's racist" girl Canuckistan described above in the Latin American studies program in which I am studying.

A group of people will be discussing a topic, say modern Mexican immigration, and then you get the few people making impassioned pleas that miss the point.

People claim that, because they disagree with Samuel Huntington's eventual conclusion (Mexican, and other south of the border immigration is fundamentally different from past immigrant waves and could alter America in undesirable ways), all of the facts he uses to arrive at that position must be wrong too.

I'm sorry, but today's immigration is different than earlier waves. For one thing, we're joined at the hip with the source country.

Also, a massive Latin influx would fundamentally alter the anglo-protestant culture of America. You don't have to think it'd be a bad thing, but it would happen.

It's frustrating.

--------------------
The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other, milk.
- O. Nash

Posts: 185 | From: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 217 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank you for the Ford advertisement and supporting American
Autoworkers.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 219 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just received an email which depicted what you have done at
Arlington Cemetery this Christmas season. I wanted you to know how much it
touched me. God bless you for what you are doing. I have a lot of family
members who were and are Veterans and I am so proud of them. It is people
like you, that make me proud to be an American.

I wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and THE HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was interested in your "legal affairs" product, but, that is
all "american", I am in australia, which is not much goo for me.

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I was interested in your "legal affairs" product, but, that is
all "american", I am in australia, which is not much goo for me.

Some would argue that anything involving 'legal affairs' entails plenty of goo no matter where you live.

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am in australia, which is not much goo for me.
If you want goo, America's the place to be. We've got the Blob and the Ghostbusters!

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And let us not forget the nacho platter @ Taco Bell.

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
quote:
I am in australia, which is not much goo for me.
If you want goo, America's the place to be. We've got the Blob and the Ghostbusters!
Ah, but that is why this person came to snopes in the first place. We have a Guy Named Goo.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 22 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank You, Mr. Worcester, for your love of country and for your
generous gift to the men and women of courage.

Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
... without your wonderful bottled sauce, I could not make my beloved holiday cheese ball.

3 4-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
3 packets of pressed corned beef
3 tablespoons Accent salt
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
chopped walnuts
parsley flakes

Chop the corned beef into small even pieces and mix first four ingredients together, making sure to distribute ingredients evenly. Mold into a ball and roll in a mixture of chopped walnuts and dry parsley flakes to coat. Let chill overnight to best blend teh flavors.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn! All that salt plus three tablespoons of msg(Accent) to boot! I can feel myself getting bloated just thinking about it. I betya it is pretty good. Thinks I may try for my New Years Eve get together.

Thanks for the suggestion and recipe.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages