snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What the hell - the rest of the pictures are real! Be sure to flood everyone's emails with it!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: say whuh?
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: ok, you win
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
inkiemouse
Let It Wasabi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inkiemouse   Author's Homepage   E-mail inkiemouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
SCORE!
And you lose at life.
:/

--------------------
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Posts: 541 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: This one has been sent to me.

It has all the signs of an urban legend.

No names no attribution. Is It?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 201 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Was this article really published?
KingDavid8
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: say whuh?

Whuh

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
inkiemouse
Let It Wasabi

Icon 06 posted      Profile for inkiemouse   Author's Homepage   E-mail inkiemouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Was this article really published?

No, but your dumbass e-mail was...

--------------------
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Posts: 541 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I received this article in an e-mail...... do you know if it is
true?? Very interesting if it is!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What does it mean if you have a metallic taste in your mouth?
Does it really mean what they say it means?

Arts Myth
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arts Myth   E-mail Arts Myth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes. That and the sore nose really does mean that you're too short and skinny to be standing around on curbs where people park their cars.

Arts "expired" Myth

--------------------
Stupid, stupid rat creatures! - Bone
"The missionaries told us not to cut ourselves. It displeases Jesus." - Elsie Clews Parsons, Kiowa Tales, quoted in The Mourner's Dance, Katherine Ashenburg

Posts: 695 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I thought you might like to know that
Ligeia
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 101 posted      Profile for Ligeia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I thought you might like to know that

Nope. I'm not even remotely interested in knowing that. This was what I wanted to know about.

--------------------
Fight evil diaper rash!

Posts: 196 | From: Southwest Missouri | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: PLEEEEEEASE READ A.S.A.P!!!!

Isn't this a hoax or old urban legend revitalized?

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: PLEEEEEEASE READ A.S.A.P!!!!

Isn't this a hoax or old urban legend revitalized?

No, it's just a badly written e-mail.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I got this email from a friend and no way to verify it. is it an
urban legend?

WARNING TO ALL DOG OWNERS

Warning to all dog owners: Watch your dog!

The State Highway Patrol in conjunction with the FBI has issued a warning
advising all dog owners to keep their dogs indoors until further notice.
Dogs are being picked off one at a time on an almost continual basis
throughout the city. They are falling in great numbers. Police in the city
advise all dog owners not to walk their dogs - KEEP THEM INDOORS UNTIL
FURTHER NOTICE!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Are the emails about 'Darwin Awards' true?
Happy Moscow
Helga Switzerland

Icon 216 posted      Profile for Happy Moscow   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

A metallic taste in the mouth is sometimes a symptom of pregnancy; maybe that's what this person is talking about.

--------------------
My blog (and my husband's)
~
'One grows absurdly attached to a potto.' - Patrick O'Brian

Posts: 90 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
the Virgin Marrya

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Virgin Marrya     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
aka "A pale brown taste at the back of the throat" ??

--------------------
Windows cannot open this file. To open this file correctly, defenestrate, then try running the file again...

Posts: 5383 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Is this for real?

Seems pretty far-fetched to me.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is this picture real or has it been edited?
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 500 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is this picture real or has it been edited?

-

I vote "fake". The magnifying glass and enlarged eyeball definitely look Photoshopped.

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Dogs are being picked off one at a time on an almost continual basis
throughout the city... They are falling in great numbers.

Where I live this is a problem. But only until all of the ripe ones are gone. Personally, I removed all of the Dog Trees (Dogwoods?) in my front yard to avoid this. The worst part was always the neighbor's kids climbing my fence to pick the dogs, and getting upset when the Blooming Rat Tree blossums chewed through their shorts.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: hi plz tell me about it
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hi plz tell me about it

Well, you see, there was this guy, a bathtub, some ice and a note.... [fish]

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I received this email today. Can you confirm or deny the
contents?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: these are 2 new emails I rec'd today and wondered if they were
hoax or not. I did look through the site and couldn't find anything.

Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I received this email today. Can you confirm or deny the
contents?

Definitely a maybe.

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Have you seen this? Looks like a group with an agenda, but have you come across this and verified or rebutted any of it? Thanks!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is this true?
Senior

Icon 214 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is this true?

Would they lie to you?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Any truth in the attached information....?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Just wondering if this was truly an ebay listing....and did it
sell?

Panda_Marie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Just wondering if this was truly an ebay listing....and did it
sell?

Were they talking about this?

Panda "all I did was type in 'this'" Marie

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 02 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What the hell is the phone number????????
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages