snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
M. Wise
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Hi,
I have a question about something that I got recently....I got an email
with "A Wonderful Story" ....have you heard anything about this? I got it
from a friend and I thought that it was safe...It's seem that I sent it to
a couple of people and next thing I knew everyone was getting it. Can you
please help me find out about this?

No, it's not safe. If the title is accurate, it is most likely glurge. Delete, and then repeat with future glurge. Always repeat.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks for the all the information. I'm one of the people that
sent that e-mail to you.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 05 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Thanks for the all the information. I'm one of the people that sent that e-mail to you.

That e-mail?

Oh, you mean THAT e-mail!

Of COURSE! Silly me... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Check this website out - believable? or unbelievable? I find it
very unbelievable...

Thanks much.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sparvid

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Unbelievable? Believe it!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have been infected with something but I'm not sure how to
identify what it is or how to go about getting rid of it. It seems to be
trying to spread through my e-mail. I can receive messages but when I try
to send my computer seems to be sending multiple messages.

fallentears

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I have been infected with something but I'm not sure how to
identify what it is or how to go about getting rid of it. It seems to be
trying to spread through my e-mail.

I didn't know that you can spread human viruses through computers!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Who cares if it is true or not? Why are you so dedicated to accuracy?
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 98 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Who cares if it is true or not? Why are you so dedicated to accuracy?

Yeah, snopes. Why did you have to make your site so damn USEFUL? [Mad] [Wink]
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: What validity is there to a forward being sent entitled:
theloneabalone
Xboxing Day

Icon 303 posted      Profile for theloneabalone     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: What validity is there to a forward being sent entitled:

I was able to do research on that forward an here is what I found:

Title:

Origins:

Hope that helps!!

thelone " " abalone

--------------------
num, me vexo?

Posts: 1299 | From: . | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Thought I would send you this list.
Game60 Minutes

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Thought I would send you this list.
"...but then I changed my mind"
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: That is Horrible!
fallentears

Icon 303 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: That is Horrible!

And so is this comment.
John Dope

Icon 98 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Hero:
Oh of COURSE it's legit. Most of those e-mail spammers are just junk, but those trivita sellers, they mean BUSINESS.

YOMANMOC (You Owe Me A New Mouthfull Of Coke)! You see, it didn't hit the keyboard [dunce] .
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is this image real?
DrFraud
We Three Blings

Icon 16 posted      Profile for DrFraud     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is this image real?

That depends on what kind of recreational substances you've been ingesting lately.

--------------------
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars. So are disgrace, defeat, exposure to immediate scorn and laughter."
- William Hazlitt; _Table-Talk: Essays On Men And Manners_

Posts: 1055 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rufi:
quote:
Comment: Possible big woops:

"Woop"? We'd be here all day if we tried to figure out what THAT means. It sounds like something pulled from the Guide to the Galaxy.
Or how bout Welcome to Woop Woop

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Is there something discussed about in the sent line from "nobody"
and the subject as "none"--I couldn't find it, but may not be looking in
the right place

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I received this e-mail today, went to www.snopes.com to verify
it, as I always do, and could not find it.
So, I'm sending it to you for verification.

Thanks

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 214 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Didn't know you'd created an urban legend about yourself. Gotta admit, it's more interesting ....
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is there something discussed about in the sent line from "nobody"
and the subject as "none"--I couldn't find it, but may not be looking in
the right place

Scary - I understand this person. Actually, I've gotten a couple of emails like this at my old Yahoo address. Freaked me out. They were listed as From: Nobody. Subject: None. Then the email was blank. Tried to get my friend to check up on the IP address, all he could tell was that it was from California.

Hey, aren't YOU in California, snopes??? Hmmm....

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I am not sure if any of this is true; but I couldn't find either story referenced on your site.
Thought you might like to check it out.

Elbe
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 221 posted      Profile for Elbe   Author's Homepage   E-mail Elbe   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am not sure if any of this is true; but I couldn't find either story referenced on your site.
Thought you might like to check it out.

The first one is true, but the second one is very obviously false. I mean, come on! I've seen ducks do that to garden hoses before, but snorkle's just don't work that way!

--------------------
Nobody loves Elbe...
-The Adventure of the Avatar Tutorials (3/29)

Posts: 2776 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: What do you know about this picture?
I received it from an e-mail friend who likes to sent me lots of these
kind of things. I always tell her to check your site to verify some of
this stuff. Her last thing was the 'Robin Williams' thing.
I have the picture if you want to see it. It looks very real.
Thanx, and thanx for such a geat site.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Amber alert.........This is no joke!
Rufus T. Firefly

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Amber alert.........This is no joke!

Really? The fact that it started with "A priest, a rabbi, Michael Jackson, and Amber walk into a bar..." kind of threw me off.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: What's your take on this?
I left the subject line exactly as it was when I received it.
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----

Subject: FW: ???????????????? Clonning
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wish the politicians would address the issue of clonning. There are too many clonns running around in the open, as if being a clonn is something to be proud of, and that is just wrong.

What is next - clonn marriage?

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Are these real citations?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: is turkey fake or real
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: that story was in a brittish newspaper
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I think you people are sick for even puting this up.
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That comment makes me want to pute just reading it.

Wonko

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages