snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
Vaultdweller
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 603 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay with the Red Nose:
My name is Trevor. I am a vampire and

And what? That's it? I am a vampire and... here's a million dollars? OH! They got him! Stake through the heart!

Ten points and a "Ding!" for the reference.

Strong bad e-mail!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay's Web

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ding!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: These photos seem to be making the "rounds" it doesn't seem believable to
me.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I received an email which I inadvertently deleted saying something about
the Bushes wanting money for their lose of money in Iraqi oil oor some
such , can't find it on snopes.
Do you have anything on it?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 302 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: These photos seem to be making the "rounds" it doesn't seem believable to
me.

I don't believe them, either. Invisible people, though highly useful in books, have never been proven to exist. When you find proof of such "invisible people", please contact me at paranoia@us.gov .

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I recieved from my friend and wanting to know if it is scam or true
statement.

It say in email

"Try snapfish photo service for free"

Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I recieved from my friend and wanting to know if it is scam or true
statement.

Yeah, it's so much easier to write snopes than to visit Snapfish.com yourself and find out. [fish]
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi,
I rec'd this email and would like to confirm whether the stories are true
or false? Additionally, are there really other such stories milling around
that the public should or should not know about regarding American Heros?
Thanks..Tony

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: click to see this
itgirl

Icon 81 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In all seriousness, not that I don't thoroughly enjoy this thread, and not that snopes and Barbara don't have enough to do, but is there any way to automatically log the referring URL of the page on which the user clicked "Send Comments?"

Re "just trying to be helpful" becca

jarbabyj

Icon 18 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: click to see this

make me.
StarlandVocalBand

Icon 04 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love you, jarbaby.

"What are you rebelling against?"
"What've you got?"

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 501 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In all seriousness, not that I don't thoroughly enjoy this thread, and not that snopes and Barbara don't have enough to do, but is there any way to automatically log the referring URL of the page on which the user clicked "Send Comments?"
We already do that. But not everyone e-mails us through our "Send Comments" link.

- snopes

itgirl

Icon 09 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
We already do that. But not everyone e-mails us through our "Send Comments" link.

Well clearly you stole my idea. Obviously this story is about you, snopes.

Re "how are things in 2256?" becca

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I had gotten one of these e-mails and sent it out to a lot of
people. Before I tell them it was fake, can I be so sure?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Well is it true or false?
Tier-Rex

quote:
Comment: Well is it true or false?

Snopes, Barbara and all of us here at this website can neither confirm or deny that. Further, we also have no recollection of that event - whatever it is - which just proves we are being honest [Razz]
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is the following true? Couldn't find a reference in your files.

The Marine, dated 03/23/03, supposedly to his dad.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Just to let you know that this story is making the rounds again.
I thought I had remembered it when I read it in an e-mail I received today
6/6/03 so I checked your site. Sure enough it's been around for quite some
time and it's making a comeback.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Dear Snopes,
I

J & J's

am a vampire and here's a million dollars.

J "What's this gag and why is it running?" ay

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
seriously love getting trouted. [Big Grin]

Pi "or I just think the smiley's funny as" ka

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment:
Would like to check the accuracy of stalker who received person's e-mail
address through mass forwarded e-mail and a chat room through AOL - then
sent e-mail, developed confidence by saying that they had mutual friend,
gained telephone number and name.

DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 204 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment:

I think a CIA agent confused snopes with the CIA's website.

DarkDan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment:

Because there's nothing worse than an inaccurate stalker. They hide in the bushes on the wrong street, buy you wedding dresses that are three sizes too big, misspell your name on the creepy letters...

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tabby-Ra, the other feline sun god:
Because there's nothing worse than an inaccurate stalker. They hide in the bushes on the wrong street, buy you wedding dresses that are three sizes too big, misspell your name on the creepy letters...

-Tabby
the princess with claws

[lol] And then they end up following other people home!

Really, Tabby, you would owe me a new keyboard if I'd been drinking anything. As it is I'm grateful I'm alone in my office so I don't have to explain my outburst!

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I need to know if True Story Worth Telling is a true story or
not. Thanks!

Kiss Waffles The Chef

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I need to know if True Story Worth Telling is a true story or
not. Thanks!

It is true, but ironically, it is not worth telling.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have a question about something that I got recently....I got an email
with "A Wonderful Story" ....have you heard anything about this? I got it
from a friend and I thought that it was safe...It's seem that I sent it to
a couple of people and next thing I knew everyone was getting it. Can you
please help me find out about this?

Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have a question about something that I got recently....I got an email
with "A Wonderful Story" ....have you heard anything about this? I got it
from a friend and I thought that it was safe...It's seem that I sent it to
a couple of people and next thing I knew everyone was getting it. Can you
please help me find out about this?

It's the Email Plague. You get it, then you pass it along, soon everyone has it. Even people who don't want it. No, it's never safe to forward. Yes, I've heard it all before...

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS. GIVE ME SOME INPUT.
LOVE YOU NIDIA

Colonist of the North

quote:
LOVE YOU NIDIA

I think she should haved included a nude picture but that's just my opinion.

[fish]

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Is this a hoax?

This guy was convicted on a sex offense of an 11 yr. old girl in Denton
County. He didn't show up for the punishment phase (WHY WAS HE OUT OF
JAIL!!!) JUST in case you see him--call police =} He could be anywhere.

Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The Search Engine Queen don't need no "little more specificity."

Man Takes Flight Shortly Before Conviction For Sex Offense
quote:

FORT WORTH, Texas, 5:40 p.m. CDT August 15, 2003 - The Denton County Sheriff's Office is asking for help in the search for William Pierce. Pierce was convicted on Tuesday on two counts of sexual assault against a child.

Pierce showed up for court on Monday but not on Tuesday, the same day he was convicted and sentenced to 60 years in prison for a sex offense against an 11-year-old girl. He now is considered a dangerous fugitive.

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DrFraud
We Three Blings

Icon 101 posted      Profile for DrFraud     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
LOVE YOU NIDIA

The caps lock key is not your friend. HTH.

--------------------
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars. So are disgrace, defeat, exposure to immediate scorn and laughter."
- William Hazlitt; _Table-Talk: Essays On Men And Manners_

Posts: 1055 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages