snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I made this picture. It's a fake, but it's kind of hard to tell
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
betabox
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 402 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Mazel Tov of the Asterisks*:
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett30ca:
G'wan, ask that last guy who's buried in Grant's Tomb and watch the fun! [Razz]

Actually, nobody is buried in Grant's tomb. Grant and his wife are embalmed in it, but not buried. If they were buried, it would be called "Grant's Grave." (ducks the fish!)

~Mazel "Come on, I know you wanna get that fish out!" Tov~

Next thing you're going to tell me is that the Hundred Years' War wasn't really a hundred years long!
[fish]
-bb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:

Nonsense, that's obviously a fake.
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes, you're right! It's incredibly hard to tell. But I think that's because it's invisible...

Xia (smiley shows me trying to see the picture)

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Several years ago, five or six, there were reports of this going
on in the citys of Tampa and Ybor City, Fl. I cannot confirm if they were
true or not, however.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
arnie
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 05 posted      Profile for arnie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did that and the other go on as well?

--------------------
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 593 | From: Charlton, Sarf Lunnon | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They used to sell great Cuban sandwiches in Ybor city.

Is that the "that"?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Stressa, with ratted hair

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam & Cookies-mmmm:
They used to sell great Cuban sandwiches in Ybor city.

Is that the "that"?

The "that" would be cafe con leche to go with "that" sammich! - mmmmmmm - Stressa
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: alright, i have something strange ot say. it might not be true, but still
strange.

Jay, returning hero

That was definitely strange, all right.
Sparvid

But let's not forget that it might not be true...
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i AM REALLY DISSAPOINTED THAT YOU HAVE NOT INCLUDED THE
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

But Snopes did! You'll find "the" on every page.
anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

dON'T YOU LOVE THE CAPS LOCK KEY? eVERY FIRST WORD OF EVERY SENTENCE IS CAPITALIZED!! yOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
i AM REALLY DISSAPOINTED THAT YOU HAVE NOT INCLUDED THE [/QB]
The what? The goose liver pate? The name of the hook handed killer? The guy who is sending around an email petition for a new head? The suspense is killing me. . .

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay with the Red Nose

My name is Trevor. I am a vampire and

And what? That's it? I am a vampire and... here's a million dollars? OH! They got him! Stake through the heart!

Ten points and a "Ding!" for the reference.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Forwarding email, is it a scam?
Publius
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Publius     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes. Always.
Posts: 1640 | From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay with the Red Nose

quote:
Comment: Forwarding email, is it a scam?

I wish.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i am a seasoned paramedic and i have worked in er's and
ambulances for years...i have to say i've seen alot of strange
things...surprise me

doughgirl

quote:
things...surprise me

Look ----> I. It's an "i" that has been capitalized. Does that surprise you? No? How about if I rewrite your post correctly? [Razz]
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Possible big woops:
Rufi

quote:

"Woop"? We'd be here all day if we tried to figure out what THAT means. It sounds like something pulled from the Guide to the Galaxy.
Spam & Cookies-mmm

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rufi:
quote:

"Woop"? We'd be here all day if we tried to figure out what THAT means. It sounds like something pulled from the Guide to the Galaxy.
Wasn't that "wop"? I believe it was the sound the Krikket warriors made when they materialized?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
things...surprise me

yes, paramedics always taste better when seasoned. Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme...
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay with the Red Nose

noooo dont do taht all aminal lief is precous ill kill any1 who eats my pet parametic!!!!!!!1111!11!1!11!!11!!1one
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: IS IT TRUE THAT ANY HUMAN BEING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE CAN DIE FROM
ANYTHING?

Kiefer Wombat, Average Son

Icon 602 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ANYTHING?

No. You cannot die frommmmmmmmmmmmmm help call medic need helpppppppppppppppppgvghv6jk
Jay with the Red Nose

quote:
ANYTHING?

*dies from reading a question in all caps*

J "R.I.P." ay

Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ANYTHING?

Hmm. Any human being, under the right circumstances, could die at any time. And there are some weird causes. Yet I doubt very seriously--get away from me with that thing! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue

Icon 602 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
ANYTHING?

Yes. Especially people who write questions in all caps; those are the most suceptible to the disease called "ANYTHING". It is quite dangerous.. like some chain letters that aren't sent out, it hits on your grandmother, drinks all the milk in the fridge, gives your ex your new phone number, and is a rather interesting shade of teal. The disease causes you to be extra suseptible to trouts and being sat on, and it makes you speak in Yoda. The only cure is phenylpropanolamine .

Tree "it ALSO.." Hugger

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Greetings,

I received this e-mail from a friend. I'm wondering if this is true or a
legend/scam.

Please advise.

Wizard of Yendor

Icon 201 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Greetings,

I received this e-mail from a friend. I'm wondering if this is true or a
legend/scam.

Please advise.

This can only mean one thing, whoever sent this has been mistaken fro you. No one else would get e-mail like this.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi, first off I want to say that I just LOVE your site. I check
just about every e-mail through this URL. THANKS! =) I am also wondering
about a e-mail I recieved, I did try a search on it but I couldn't find
it. Could you please tell me if this is true or not? Thanks a bunch!

Pink Spiders Running After Me

Icon 207 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I am also wondering about a e-mail I recieved, I did try a search on it but I couldn't find it. Could you please tell me if this is true or not? Thanks a bunch!

Well, I really didn't feel like doing any psychic readings today, but I'll be nice just this once...

*Looks at email*

Nope, it's fake...and so's that one...and that one...ooh, THAT one is definitely a phony...and the father of your baby is not that guy you met in Cleveland...and yes, it's a girl.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages