snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 303 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: It's another must read

I found the characters to be boring, two-dimensional stereotypes. I gave my copy to the Salavation Army.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I can't find anything on your site about this one is it true or
not?

Thank you

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I can't find anything on your site about this one is it true or
not?

Yes, it is either true or it is not.
quote:
Thank you
Don't mention it.
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard that Al Roker from the famous morning show. Can you tell
if it is true or not?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TwoGuyswithaHat
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwoGuyswithaHat   E-mail TwoGuyswithaHat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not true at all. Al Roker is an illusion.

--------------------
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap - Napoleon Bonaparte

Posts: 1801 | From: The Forest City, Ontario | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spamamander in a pear tree

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spamamander in a pear tree     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That is one big-ass (no pun intended) illusion.

--------------------
"There is a race between mankind and the universe. Mankind is trying to build bigger, better, faster, and more foolproof machines. The universe is trying to build bigger, better, and faster fools. So far the universe is winning." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 1058 | From: Yakima, WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: are all these rumours about serial killings etc, true or false?
rockland6674

Icon 214 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!

(Made you look!)

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Found this floating around the net, with no publication listing or
date. Do know it this is true or not.

Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 209 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do know it this is true or not.
I think this belongs more in the "Yes Sir!" thread.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Where can I get papers to hand out? I want our school and church
to know about this and also my neighborhood

I would stand on a street corner to hand out these papers' Every one
should know

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE

New to my box, did not find anything in search, but on invitations. What do
you think?

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE

New to my box, did not find anything in search, but on invitations. What do
you think?

I've been nowhere near your box and if you claim different I'm getting my lawyer.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Is "an inspiring story" true?
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: Is "an inspiring story" true?

Well, it sure inspired me [Razz]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "inspired or not" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 221 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Please advise if this is true.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Any truth to this series of photographs, I am attempting to send
for hail damage

Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Any truth to this series of photographs, I am attempting to send
for hail damage

Oh! I think I know what this one is referring to. How bizarre.

It's supposedly "BAX (A B727-200C) aircraft flight 705BX" which sustained hail damage over Canada on the 11th of August.

Seaboe

ETA link to pictures.

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Please advise if this is true.

You think this is true? Well, think again! Boy, are you easily fooled. Anyone with the least bit of common sense could see that it's not true (except for the part about the Presbyterian minister, the budgie and the carburetor from a 1986 Pinto).

Boy, some people's kids will believe anything!

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "the truth is that it's false" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Thought you might like to take a look at this.
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks! That made me hot!

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is this for real or another smear?
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

quote:
Comment: Is this for real or another smear?

It's actually a smear. But don't worry, a little Windex will fix it up quick.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "I don't do windows" ab Arthur

--------------------

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: "What the?!"
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Please verify the rumor if you can.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: hello is the story true?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Could you please verify if this is authentic.

Many thanks.

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: Could you please verify if this is authentic.

Many thanks.

We could! But where would be the fun in that!

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Leave them guessing" ab Arthur

--------------------

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: First want to say your site is Great!!! I always know I can get trusted information regarding issues that get sent to me via email. Today I received the attached and it is similar to one you have on your site but does have some differences. Can you let me know if this is indeed a true incident or a false one. I greatly appreciate your time and dedication it takes to keep up with an track down legends, truths and myths. Thanks again.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Okay, this is why people just disappear from the lakes in Oklahoma! And
yes, this is for real

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Okay, this is why people just disappear from the lakes in Oklahoma! And
yes, this is for real

I didn't realize there were people living in the lakes of Oklahoma.

How many lakes are there in Oklahoma?

~Psihala
(*M-mom...?)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hey,where do you get all this?
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 22 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hey,where do you get all this?

Off of eBay.

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oklahoma Lakes
quote:
The state has 34 major reservoirs containing more than 13 million acre-feet of water. In addition, thousands of smaller lakes serve as valuable sources of drinking water, irrigation, flood control, recreation, and habitat for fish and wildlife.
Apparently, most of the lakes are man made.

People do, too, disappear from the lakes. According to the Army Corps of Engineeers,"Children are the most vulnerable since they're too young to understand the dangers. They can disappear in just seconds -- usually with tragic results."

Oh, yeah, the Corps is talking about not wearing life jackets.

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages