snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » A *little* more specificity, please (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: A *little* more specificity, please
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I found the "toxin du jour" using the search engine and it is what I have
received in my email. However, I do not see where you have given it an
evaluation as to it's veracity. Please advise.

Thanks! If this is true, we DO need to spread the word, but if it isn't,
I don't want to forward it.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay the Hero
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Come on, isn't it obvious. The page is true. It's true that all those stories have been passed around; of course, some of the INDIVIDUAL stories are false.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I received email from garymorgan001@hotmail.com wanting me to sell
trivita. Is this legitimate?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay the Hero

Icon 303 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh of COURSE it's legit. Most of those e-mail spammers are just junk, but those trivita sellers, they mean BUSINESS.

Sell trivita? What IS trivita? If it's trivia, you can get more and you'll ever WANT for free. All you need is an e-mail address and at least one gullible friend who likes to forward junk.

Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 204 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jay the Hero:
Oh of COURSE it's legit. Most of those e-mail spammers are just junk, but those trivita sellers, they mean BUSINESS.

Sell trivita? What IS trivita? If it's trivia, you can get more and you'll ever WANT for free. All you need is an e-mail address and at least one gullible friend who likes to forward junk.

TriVita is a company that apparently sells nutritional supplements, among other things.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay the Hero

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dang. Foiled again.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have received an e-mail from an acquaintance that I
should refrain from buying from the following brands as
they either discriminate against Israel or actively
support Arab terrorists. Do you have any info on this?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi, I am looking for to verify information about an event that happened
Aug 18.2002 I was curious as to finding out information in another state.
The state I want is Kentucky, Knott county. Any help would be wonderful.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: How is the average person to know when even the newspapers
don't realize the error.

Scarlett30ca

Icon 101 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
G'wan, ask that last guy who's buried in Grant's Tomb and watch the fun! [Razz]

Scarlett("You wonder how these people even FIND snopes.com in the first place...")

*Astrik*
Xboxing Day

Icon 602 posted      Profile for *Astrik*   Author's Homepage   E-mail *Astrik*   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scarlett30ca:
G'wan, ask that last guy who's buried in Grant's Tomb and watch the fun! [Razz]

Actually, nobody is buried in Grant's tomb. Grant and his wife are embalmed in it, but not buried. If they were buried, it would be called "Grant's Grave." (ducks the fish!)

~Mazel "Come on, I know you wanna get that fish out!" Tov~

Posts: 1377 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Hi, I am looking for to verify information about an event that happened
Aug 18.2002 I was curious as to finding out information in another state.
The state I want is Kentucky, Knott county. Any help would be wonderful.

Dear Reader,
We are sorry to inform you that on August 18, 2002, absolutely nothing happened in Knott County, Kentucky.

Scarlett30ca

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
OK Mazel Tov, you asked for it... [Thwack]

Scarlett("Hmmmm, I DO feel better...")

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Nigerian scam?
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Reply: Yes.
Midge

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

No thanks, already had one.

Midge "Of course, an hour later you're ready to be duped again" G.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I received this email today and have tried to search on snopes.com but
can't come up with anything. Since the email refers to snopes.com, could
you please let me know if it is a hoax. I have received it before.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I just received this e-mail from a friend. I don't think it is
valid, but on searching your site I could find nothing pro or con on this
subject. Can you clear this up?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: One of our pastors told this story from the pulpit a few days ago
as fact. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

moonlight
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 86 posted      Profile for moonlight   E-mail moonlight   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I received this email today and have tried to search on snopes.com but
can't come up with anything. Since the email refers to snopes.com, could
you please let me know if it is a hoax. I have received it before.

No, it is completely true.

quote:
Comment: One of our pastors told this story from the pulpit a few days ago
as fact. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Um, you're welcome...?

snopes, are these really the entire emails?

--------------------
I'm back to lurking.

Posts: 2709 | From: Illinois | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have something that about something that General Norman
Schwartzkof said about the terrorist. But I don't know if he said. I don't
pass any around unless I know it is true.
So do you know of anything??

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I don't pass any around unless I know it is true.
I think someone passed something to him that was true... and he had too much of it.

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
MDW Bill en z granfaders vootshteps

Icon 209 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... But I don't know if he said. I don't
pass any around unless I know it is true. So do you know of anything??

Hum, there's this quote:

Osama bin Ladin is America's greatest friend. We must reach out to the Taliban and forge a lasting relationship. This can only result in lasting peace between the U.S. and the Arab world. I wish he was here tonight, I would shake the man's hand and bid him "welcome".
-General Norman Schwartzkopf (Ret) Sept 9th, 2001

Midway "or was it Jane Fonda?" Bill

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I wonder if you could check this out, please. The poster is probably the
originator, and the investigation may stop there. I think it's a laugher,
but you never know.

DrFraud
We Three Blings

Icon 107 posted      Profile for DrFraud     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I wonder if you could check this out, please. The poster is probably the
originator, and the investigation may stop there. I think it's a laugher,
but you never know.

Gotta watch those laughers. Can't trust 'em for a second... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Danger is a good teacher, and makes apt scholars. So are disgrace, defeat, exposure to immediate scorn and laughter."
- William Hazlitt; _Table-Talk: Essays On Men And Manners_

Posts: 1055 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: could you cmment on this e-mail I received
BR48

Icon 219 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: could you cmment on this e-mail I received
Looks like this person thought Snopes.com was part of the Psychic Friends Network.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: hey look at this one
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hey look at this one

Yeah, snopes. I saw that one too. You really should check it out. The pictures are awesome.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I've been hearing a lot about this site on forums and such. I was
wondering if you all have looked into it. I'm pretty sure that it's a
hoax. Just wondering.

Island Manta
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 211 posted      Profile for Island Manta   E-mail Island Manta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I've been hearing a lot about this site on forums and such. I was
wondering if you all have looked into it. I'm pretty sure that it's a
hoax. Just wondering.

Yah. snopes is a hoax. the forums are a hoax...we're all just vivid figments of this guy's imagination [Roll Eyes]

-K

--------------------
"You never know when you will be attacked by a wild tortilla" - José Zavala
"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin playing goat"
Be good and you will be lonesome

Posts: 3569 | From: USVI | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cyber
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Cyber   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cyber   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well? Have you looked into it, snopes?

--------------------
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

Posts: 134 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I received this letter....can you tell me if there is any
legitimacy to this? I have attached it...
thank you.

Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I received this letter....can you tell me if there is any
legitimacy to this? I have attached it...
thank you.

I'm sorry, it must have come unstapled.

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 95 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MDW Bill en z granfaders vootshteps:
Osama bin Ladin is America's greatest friend. We must reach out to the Taliban and forge a lasting relationship. This can only result in lasting peace between the U.S. and the Arab world. I wish he was here tonight, I would shake the man's hand and bid him "welcome".[/b]
-General Norman Schwartzkopf (Ret) Sept 9th, 2001

Uhhh, Norm? You might want to stop hitting the beer.

Just a thought. [Big Grin]

- Pseudo "the only love bin Laden will be getting is tough love" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages