snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Troll call (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Troll call
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 502 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/progest.htm

Comment: I personally think that it is high time that the truth about the
drug progesterex is clairified. The question still begs " is this drug
fact or fiction". Teenagers and young adults like myself N-E-E-D to know
the truth.

I have read every artical given about this drug since its 1 year deubt and
seeing that my carear involves sex education to teeenagers in schools, it
is only fair that more reserch be done to find out the complete facts
about this drug.

Please send me any new information with regards to the drug in question.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 304 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: DEAR SNOPES,
iI like your web siye but you need to get funier more tipicle
urban legends like topic of aligators in the seweer and you should get
jokes like. you make up a sentence and we type in the that you told us in
the beging. and if you didn't know that fuc* is on the cover of thelittle
mermade.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 401 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Please say that above is the work of a troll. Please? PLEA..ahhh...Goddamnit, I lost all faith in society just now.

DarkDan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 203 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: DEAR SNOPES,
iI like your web siye but you need to get funier more tipicle
urban legends like topic of aligators in the seweer and you should get
jokes like. you make up a sentence and we type in the that you told us in
the beging. and if you didn't know that fuc* is on the cover of thelittle
mermade.

Why are you not in school, young man?

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 501 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am writing to get information. My computer crashed and has been
in the shop. The repair technician said that whenever I see spam, I
should realize that such messages contain worms that cause spiderwebs
that damage my computer. So, I am asking if you have ever checked your
outgoing emails to see if you might be sending bad stuff. I notice spam
when I open your pages and I enjoy them but I am worried.

BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 302 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am writing to get information. My computer crashed and has been
in the shop. The repair technician said that whenever I see spam, I
should realize that such messages contain worms that cause spiderwebs
that damage my computer. So, I am asking if you have ever checked your
outgoing emails to see if you might be sending bad stuff. I notice spam
when I open your pages and I enjoy them but I am worried.

They are pop-ups. Spam is email. Learn the difference and/or get a pop-up killer...

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 501 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN- ALL YA 'ALL IS IS A BUNCKH OF RACESES
PIGS, AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIVE ON THIS WORLD. I CANT SAND PEOPLE LIKE
YOU. YOU HAVE NO RESECPT FOR BLACK PEOPLE OR WHITE PPL., I AM A WHIRE
WOMEN THAT HAS BEEN RAISED VERY BKACK. AND YOU KNOW WHAT I GET MORE
RESECPT FROM THEM THAN YOU ALL HONKEY CRACKERS. SO GO LENCH YOUR OWN. AND
LET THEM SEE HOW IT FILL LIKE TO THEM WHEN YA'LL DO THAT TO US

Nightfall
The First USA Noel

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Nightfall   E-mail Nightfall   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
PIGS . . . .

We don't race pigs, but Whalephants.

--------------------
Darkness comes where Nightfall goes. -- from The Legend of Nightfall

Posts: 791 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Christopher
Peruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Christopher   Author's Homepage   E-mail Christopher   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

My spidey-sense tells me that this is not written by a truly illiterate person, but rather by someone trying to sound illiterate. Why I can't imagine, but that's what it feels like.

--------------------
"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." ~ Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

Posts: 1382 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Liessa
Sunday Floody Sunday

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Liessa     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christobananapher:
quote:

My spidey-sense tells me that this is not written by a truly illiterate person, but rather by someone trying to sound illiterate. Why I can't imagine, but that's what it feels like.
People don't tend to write "y'all", except humorously. And then there's the juxtaposition of ridiculous (and unphonetic) spellings with long sections that are spelled correctly.
Posts: 51 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BoKu
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 201 posted      Profile for BoKu   Author's Homepage   E-mail BoKu   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...I CANT SAND PEOPLE LIKE
YOU...

Me neither. When it comes to people, I usually go straight in with the right-angle die grinder.
Posts: 2079 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
put it in writing
Xboxing Day

Icon 01 posted      Profile for put it in writing   Author's Homepage   E-mail put it in writing       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
People don't tend to write "y'all", except humorously
Actually, a lot of people down here in the US south do, in fact, write out y'all when writing casually (email, for instance). I only really notice when it's misspelled as ya'll or ya'all, etc.

--------------------
and it's 1 - 2 - 3, what are we fighting for? don't ask me, I don't give a damn

Posts: 1319 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 01 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by put it in writing:
quote:
Actually, a lot of people down here in the US south do, in fact, write out y'all when writing casually (email, for instance). I only really notice when it's misspelled as ya'll or ya'all, etc.
I agree, I do it all the time in emails and on this board. I also get irritated with the incorrect spelling of the term as well.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 14 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"Honky Crackers?" Someone's in a time warp..I haven't heard anyone speak like that in ages.

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Peace and JoyGerhardt
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkDan:
Please say that above is the work of a troll. Please? PLEA..ahhh...Goddamnit, I lost all faith in society just now.

DarkDan

Join the club.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Liessa
Sunday Floody Sunday

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Liessa     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by put it in writing:
quote:
Really? Well, I stand corrected. But it still sounds like a troll to me.
Posts: 51 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Eh, I'm from Quebec and I right "y'all" all the time. Just because it sounds good. [Razz]

Sometimes, I'm surprised by the result when people try to guess where I come from based on my written English. Since it's not my first language, I have picked up "traits" from random people over the course of years and as such, I can (and probably do) use expressions that are "typical" to many different regions...

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christobananapher:
[QUOTE]

This is why Snopes filed this under Troll Call. Nobody could be that illiterate and still be able to operate a computer.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JR
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for JR   E-mail JR       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheBobo:
This is why Snopes filed this under Troll Call. Nobody could be that illiterate and still be able to operate a computer.

Don't bet on it, go over and read the hate mail at Democratic Underground.

--------------------
Semper ubi sub ubi

Posts: 1175 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bad Ronald
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Bad Ronald   E-mail Bad Ronald   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pinqy:
"Honky Crackers?" Someone's in a time warp..I haven't heard anyone speak like that in ages.

pinqy

Oh, no? You must be some sort of jive turkey!

--------------------
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.
Winston Churchill

Posts: 821 | From: Delaware | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/hndprint.asp

Comment: YOU GYS ARE FOKEN RONG MAN, YOU JUST MADE THAT UP TO SCARE
PEOPLE.ITS NOT IVEN TRUE ,YOU NO WHAT YOU DONT SCARE NO BODY YOU ARE FOKEN
RONG YOU MATHR FOKER.FUCK YOU.

Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/hndprint.asp

Comment: YOU GYS ARE FOKEN RONG MAN, YOU JUST MADE THAT UP TO SCARE
PEOPLE.ITS NOT IVEN TRUE ,YOU NO WHAT YOU DONT SCARE NO BODY YOU ARE FOKEN
RONG YOU MATHR FOKER.FUCK YOU.

hmm..must've seen Meet the Parents a few too many times, snopes. He's confusing you with Ben Stiller's character
[lol] [lol] [lol]

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 502 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am not at all happy with your Mr. Ed page. I suppose you think
it very clever and witty, but it has caused me much embarrassment in my
workplace.

I had heard this legend before, so I came to your site for the truth, as I
often do. I read the entire article, and found it all credible, so I
reported to my coworkers the "truth." It was only later that I was
corrected by one of them after they clicked on the link at the bottom of
the page.

Now I may seem a bit overly sensitive, but I feel you have made a fool of
me, or have helped me to make a fool of myself at least. In front of my
entire office I made an impassioned defense of the Mr. Ed-as-Zebra legend.
This has continued to haunt me, as I am often teased with lines from the
Mr. Ed programme and have been nicknamed Mr. Sned (a play on my last
name). I have had difficulty sleeping, as the shame of that day continues
to haunt me.

I have not ruled out legal action against you. Please remove this
misleading and potentially harmful page. As Americans, you may have
trouble understanding why I am making all this fuss. I will endeavor to
explain in the simplest terms I know: In my country there is a little
thing called honor! We do not feel such lies and exaggerations are
appropriate, especially when an upright, if slightly gullible man such as
myself falls for them.

Please respond promptly. I have as much patience for tardiness as I have
sympathy for liars.

Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I have not ruled out legal action against you. Please remove this
misleading and potentially harmful page. As Americans, you may have
trouble understanding why I am making all this fuss.

Oh no, no problem at all. Americans are quite familiar with frivolous lawsuits. [Razz]

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrison's Lament

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/progest.htm

Comment: I personally think that it is high time that the truth about the
drug progesterex is clairified. The question still begs " is this drug
fact or fiction". Teenagers and young adults like myself N-E-E-D to know
the truth.

I have read every artical given about this drug since its 1 year deubt and
seeing that my carear involves sex education to teeenagers in schools, it
is only fair that more reserch be done to find out the complete facts
about this drug.

Please send me any new information with regards to the drug in question.

Does this scare the living daylights out of anyone else? This person is a councelor for SEX EDUCATION for TEENS! And she STILL believes this fictional drug exists after reading about it for a whole year!

She wants more research into the effects of a drug that doesn't exist? She seems to be aware of the fact that most people in the world are of the oppinion that it's a big crock, yet she wants research into the effects of something that doesn't exist according to almost all accounts...

Since no such drug ever existed, can you IMAGINE the sources she must be relying on?? And she talks to kids about these things FOR A LIVING! [Frown]

Sorry about all the caps to EMPHASIZE the different parts, this just really shocked me [Wink]

--- G.

vanilla

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In my country there is a little
thing called honor! We do not feel such lies and exaggerations are
appropriate, especially when an upright, if slightly gullible man such as
myself falls for them.

Anybody else read this as when an uptight, if slightly gullible man?

Or just me....

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bela Drosmorr 100
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bela Drosmorr 100   E-mail Bela Drosmorr 100   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yup, and that's what I thought it was until you just pointed it out. I thought it was kinda strange, but then again, this guy is a troll.

--------------------
But that's ok, darling, because I love you. And that's why you have to let me eat your brains. -- Return of the Living Dead

Posts: 767 | From: Corpus Christi, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ian - Crawling on a Mirror
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian - Crawling on a Mirror   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hey...i have tried doing bloody mery with my friends many of
times...ive even tried to do candyman. sometimes when im really drunk, i
try bloody man and candy mary. or i try mary bloody or man candy. or i do
bloody man candy mary bloody man candy mary ten times. i even flush the
toliet...but all i hear is the flushing sound...what am i doing wrong? i
even spin around and do all the other stuff that ur site tells me too. plz
help me!

Let's see.
'Man Candy'. Ah that and the clarification of being drunk explains all.

quote:

1) I'm not one to sand people, I just get the chainsaw. Overkill? Maybe...

2) What does a whire woman raised bkack look like exactly?

3) I will NOT lench my own. At least, not in public.

--------------------
"I told you I didn't do it!" - Mr. Green

THATCHRUEF Network! Updated 9/29!

Posts: 113 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 506 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was curious to know if the following internet rumor was true.
If you type "weapons of mass destruction" into google search engines, and
press Im feelin lucky, will your computer explode? I dont think that would
happen, but Im not willing to risk a chance! Please contact me with any
info you get..

Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Most definitly a troll, or a smartass. Or, the stupidest person on the face of the planet.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Erg..can someone chow me please? I can't find my own freakin' post on that. I know I put it up, but the post list on the profiles only goes so far back. I think I titled it Weapons of Mass Descrution.

Danke

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I found quite a few posts about this particular subject, but none that were from you particularly.

If you really want to find it, type in "weapons" on the forums search, and you'll get close to 200 results. It's probably in there somewhere, I found the other posts with that same search, but I don't particularly feel like digging through them all.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Chi-iguana

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
You
should be tried FOR TREASON, by your blatant violation and disregard for
the 5th Amendment of the Constitution for the united States of America!

Treason is defined by the Constitution as "levying war against (the United States)" or "giving enemies aid and comfort". [Confused]

And how is snopes violating the fith amendment? He's not forcing someone to incriminate themselves...

Chia "gahhhhhhhhhh!" jedi

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just registered a few days ago, and went back to the site to show someone the funny commercials. All I can find is the damn message board. I could care less what people say, I just want to find the commercials I watched the other day. How do I get to them?
resELution

Icon 108 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I was curious to know if the following internet rumor was true.
If you type "weapons of mass destruction" into google search engines, and
press Im feelin lucky, will your computer explode?

That's how you find out if your lucky or not. [Wink]
Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages