snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Troll call (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Troll call
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: cum on ppl. how do u believe dis s!!! datz itz a joke. how can u
put kittens in a jar and still say thet no kittenz were harmed. hav u
completly lost da plot. itz sad 2 say dat ppl hav a very sick mind. how
can ne 1 do sumting so horrible and disgusting.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If it WAS a troll, he was probably expecting that you would put it on the Bonsai Kittens page. Those "You've Got Mail" sections are food for trolls' thoughts!

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Otters kinda look like rats
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: cum on ppl. how do u believe dis s!!! datz itz a joke. how can u
put kittens in a jar and still say thet no kittenz were harmed. hav u
completly lost da plot. itz sad 2 say dat ppl hav a very sick mind. how
can ne 1 do sumting so horrible and disgusting.

I see Miss Cleo has taken up animal rights.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Did you ever wonder.....

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?

Actually, this one has an answer. It's a song about a murder. Jimmy's
cracked corn was dried, and if you've ever held a dried corn you'll know
it's darn hard. If it's cracked in two, it'll have a pointy end.

Jimmy was a slave. What Jimmy did was put the corn-bit under his master's
saddle. After beng ridden a bit, the pointy end worked its way into the
horse's skin. The horse then bucked, and the master was thrown off and
died. In the commotion, the piece of corn fell out and was lost.

Like so many songs, nursery rhymes, and seemingly innocent stories, this
one has a hidden meaning.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anue

Icon 606 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone mentioned that snopes only puts emails here that he has verified to be from members. How does he know that they're trolls? I'm just wondering, I don't want to use the knowledge in any evil powers or to build up a mass army.

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
darth_borehd

Icon 201 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by betabox:
quote:
Comment: Recently I watched a TV documentary which made a pretty bold claim about
the founder of Ford, Henry Ford, who had an evil twim brother names
Mortimor Ford who placed an item in the car called the 'Hydrosilator'
which had no function at all, except for the make the cars evil and one
day turn on their owner.

I like my car quite a bit, but I can't really imagine it turning me on! (If it did, I'm not sure I'd consider that evil. Kinky maybe.)

-bb

I saw that documentary. It was a very funny parody.
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Hugger:
Someone mentioned that snopes only puts emails here that he has verified to be from members. How does he know that they're trolls? I'm just wondering, I don't want to use the knowledge in any evil powers or to build up a mass army.

Has he ever alleged they were members? Couldn't one be a troll after perusing the UL site, without ever joining the message board?

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My toenails are really long. Do you thin thats some sort of
record.

umopapisdn

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
^ I don't know why, but that post, coupled with the "bleh" smiley, made me laugh harder than anything in has in days.

its the little things. The little, oogy things.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: AVIAN , the french imported water uses bovine blood(cows blood) in thier
filtering process . Some U.S, poloticians warned today that they would
mark all french products with a red circle, and also make the public aware
of the Bovine blood filtering system that they use. This as a backlash for
Frances recent disent for the U.S.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello,

Back in the early 80's my dad was on a business trip to Hawaii and while
there him and another co worker swear that they drove past a field that
had cows grazing, but these cows had holes through them large enough to
see through from the road.

I asked him again about it recently and he still swears that it is true
and he did not make it up. After doing as much research as I can think to
do I can up with nothing about any such thing.

Any insight there?

Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: AVIAN , the french imported water uses bovine blood(cows blood) in thier
of the Bovine blood filtering system that they use. This as a backlash for
Frances recent disent for the U.S.

No, no- you have it all wrong! Avian is the water that uses bird feathers and gizzards in their filtering process.

Sue- did you ever notice that Evian is naive spelled backwards- Bee

Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Doc J.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Doc J.   E-mail Doc J.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Any insight there?

Yes, your father was clearly hopped up on goofballs.
Posts: 3100 | From: London, UK | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Holy cow!
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

quote:
of the Bovine blood filtering system that they use.

Well, he was close except for the fact that it's 'Evian' and not 'Avian,' they were talking about wine rather than water, they banned the use of cow's blood several years ago, and the labels would be bright orange rather than marked with red circles:

quote:
The Post said the speaker also is exploring whether the United States should require "bright orange warning labels" on French wines that are clarified with bovine blood. Two U.S. wine experts contacted by the newspaper said a few French wine growers used bovine blood as a clarifier before the process was banned in the late 1990s after the "made cow disease" scare

Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, at least they don't use bird blood.

(Cowering on behalf of my fellow avians)

Sparverius

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Holy cow!
Snort - glurk - choke!

Clunk....

Cervus

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Any insight there?

Actually, this is partially true. Most of you will not believe this (I barely do myself), but it's possible to cut a hole in a cow's side, large enough for you to reach your hand inside and feel the stomach contents in the abomasum (The "true stomach" of a ruminant). I'm taking an animal nutrition class for my zookeeping degree, and our prof was telling us that, while not common, it's done for nutritional and vet research. Sometimes the cows are shown at state fairs and such for people to touch. He passed around pictures and damned if the cow didn't have a hole in its side. It blew my mind. I've never seen one in person, but from looking at the pictures, the hole is only fist-sized. I have no idea how the farmers and vets keep dirt from getting inside - he didn't mention it and it never occured to me to ask. I was too freaked out by the thought of it. University of Florida has a bovine teaching unit at their vet school, so anyone who's curious might want to ask more about it there.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i was tole if you vut an orange in half and place a piece of wrigley's
winterfresh gum in between the two halfs, freeze it for about a week, then
take the gum out and eat it it would be the same thig as eating magic
mushrooms. Is this true or would something like this possably kill you?

doughgirl

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Probably the only thing you would get is frozen gum that tastes both like mint and orange. It would probably tasted disgusting and it would be very unlikely you would get a high off of it.

Why don't you just go out and get some magic mushrooms? I have some growing in my backyard. [Wink]

LizzyJingleBells

Icon 502 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cervus:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snopes:
[qb]Actually, this is partially true. Most of you will not believe this (I barely do myself), but it's possible to cut a hole in a cow's side, large enough for you to reach your hand inside and feel the stomach contents in the abomasum (The "true stomach" of a ruminant).

I have seen one of these cows in person. At UC Davis, they had one on "display" to show all the grade school kids that came in to learn about cows and other animals.

Of course, this was also the same trip where we saw a cow being milked. One of my fellow girls scouts, upon seeing this said "That's were milk comes from? Ewww! I'll never drink milk again." [Roll Eyes]

Where did she think it came from? The dairy fairy?

Lizzy "darn, no cow smilie" Bean

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kiefer Wombat, Average Son

Icon 603 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I, too, have heard of the peculiar practice Cervus described. I think I even remember seeing a photo in the newspaper of a group of school kids, on a field trip, taking turns reaching into one of these cows. The cow didn't look bothered at all (yes, we are talking about a live cow, in case that wasn't clear!) and I could not tell how they kept the thing clean. Maybe they install something like the gas cap on automobiles . . .

(Jeez, I finally have a use for that stupid cow smiley and now it's gone!)

Tabbymago

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiefer Wombat, Average Son:
I could not tell how they kept the thing clean. Maybe they install something like the gas cap on automobiles . . .

I remember seeing one of these cows on the local University farm when I was a kid. Yes, there'sa plug that fits into the rubber ring keeping the hole open.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper

Icon 01 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:

Holy cow!
Best laugh I've had in a long time!

I figured the farmers discovered that they could cut steaks from the cow and still get milk.

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

As if eating fungus grown on cow manure (hell, fungus grown anywhere...) couldn't possibly kill a person. Just keep sniffing the glue. That's a lot safer. Right. Mmm-hmm.
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Amazing RingKeeper:
I figured the farmers discovered that they could cut steaks from the cow and still get milk.

Isn't the punchline to that joke "A pig that special, you don't eat all at once!"

PT "Be sure to tip your waitresses!"* Vroman

(as soon as I typed that, I began to think that has a different meaning in a Cow comedy club!)

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hey...i have tried doing bloody mery with my friends many of
times...ive even tried to do candyman. sometimes when im really drunk, i
try bloody man and candy mary. or i try mary bloody or man candy. or i do
bloody man candy mary bloody man candy mary ten times. i even flush the
toliet...but all i hear is the flushing sound...what am i doing wrong? i
even spin around and do all the other stuff that ur site tells me too. plz
help me!

8-legged chipmunk

Icon 24 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
sometimes when im really drunk,

Like now?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i found an old root beer bottle with 2 mice in it. we were
wondering if this has anything to do with your urban legends. please
e-mail me back

Jay de bork bork

Icon 604 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! Root beer companies must be intentionlly putting mice in their drinks! But due to Jesus's power and Bill Gates's technology, they don't show up until the bottles are really old!

J "See signature" ay

Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i found an old root beer bottle with 2 mice in it. we were
wondering if this has anything to do with your urban legends. please
e-mail me back

How else do you think they coax the kitty into the bottle to begin with?

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
um...how would the kitty fit into the bottle anyway?

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Any insight there?

That's how they make Swiss cheese! [fish]
By the way, those cows only say "mmmmm" because they have the "o" taken out of them.

Little "full of bad puns" Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 96 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Secreeet Ingreedieent: LittleDuck:
[qb] Comment: Hello,

Any insight there?

My father swore that while traveling in Arkansas, he drove past a house that had a full-grown, live horse sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch. The moral here is "Honor thy mother and father, but keep thy rubber boots in good shape, and thy shovel handy"

Still wondering if I can get a paternity test

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WonkoTheSane
Happy Holly Days

Icon 96 posted      Profile for WonkoTheSane     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Secreeet Ingreedieent: LittleDuck:
[qb] Comment: Hello,

Any insight there?

My father swore that while traveling in Arkansas, he drove past a house that had a full-grown, live horse sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch. The moral here is "Honor thy mother and father, but keep thy rubber boots in good shape, and thy shovel handy"

Still wondering if I can get a paternity test

--------------------
"It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

Posts: 1462 | From: Outside the Asylum (Massachusetts) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages