snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I must have a repressed Italian bread fetish. That'll be something new to tell my therapist come Thursday.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 208 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What is this supposed to be? It looks like a guy rubbing his face with an Italian bread.
It's me, shaving. One of these days I'm going to remember that it works much better when I hold the shaver perpendicular to my face.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: IT STUNK, NONE OF THEM WERE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeetleSkin
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeetleSkin   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeetleSkin       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:

I'm at a loss. Maybe a few more lines of exclamation points would clear things up.

--------------------
Hello, I'm new. First one to tell me which John Irving novel I got my screen name from wins a prize. (not really)

Posts: 4 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Snopes, are you making these up, or do people actually send you this garbage? At this point, somebody may well be sending bogus e-mails.

To answer the question about do real students use that sort of poor grammar and spelling: Yes, to an extent. I have received notes from friends using "WOOT" and "LOL".

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
Snopes, are you making these up, or do people actually send you this garbage? At this point, somebody may well be sending bogus e-mails.

On my honor, moonfall, as the snopes minion who screens the mail -- they are real.

Frightening, ain't it?

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HI!!!!

i luvs ur sight but sum of the storys are nasty!!!! i red the lobster
story and i almost pucked all ova my computer screen!!! thats just sick y
woud anyone put a lobsters up there wouldnt that hurt? i hope that story
isnt true!! also the girbil one is gross that poor girbil that man shoud
goto jail for hurtin that girbil. y woud u want a girbil up ur butt????

luv u guys!
bye bye!

Homsar999
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homsar999     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That baby smilie is a self-portrait of "snopes", I presume?
Posts: 95 | From: Gurnee, Illinois | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Drag, the Magic Puffin
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Willis:

Not sure exactly what you mean, but seeing as you are a newbie I feel compelled to point out that when snopes quotes an e-mail he has received, he precedes it with "Comment:".

Welcome to the board, and get thee to what may become the new initiation thread.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
an Em Dash of sugar
Xboxing Day

Icon 96 posted      Profile for an Em Dash of sugar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: HI!!!!

i luvs ur sight but sum of the storys are nasty!!!! i red the lobster
story and i almost pucked all ova my computer screen!!! thats just sick y
woud anyone put a lobsters up there wouldnt that hurt? i hope that story
isnt true!! also the girbil one is gross that poor girbil that man shoud
goto jail for hurtin that girbil. y woud u want a girbil up ur butt????

luv u guys!
bye bye!

Before anyone questions the authenticity of this, let me testify that I know someone only slightly younger than me who still writes e-mails like this. Come to think of it, I may have pointed her to snopes once after she sent me a glurgy forward...uh oh.

Em "supplyin' snopes with idiotic e-mails since 2001" Dash

Posts: 1251 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Homsar999
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Homsar999     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Drag, the Magic Puffin:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Willis:

Not sure exactly what you mean, but seeing as you are a newbie I feel compelled to point out that when snopes quotes an e-mail he has received, he precedes it with "Comment:".

Welcome to the board, and get thee to what may become the new initiation thread.

I didn't word it well enough, sorry. What I meant is that the baby must be a self portrait of the identity behind that e-mail.
Posts: 95 | From: Gurnee, Illinois | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I frequent several message boards, and I can verify that some people really spell that badly. It's a bit hard for me to follow anything with poor spelling or grammar. Call me a purist if you want.
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greywarden

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Greywarden   E-mail Greywarden   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Purist!

--------------------
Do things by the book, but be the author!

Posts: 25 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Greywarden:
Purist!

Italian bread face rubbing fetishist!!!

Trish "Give us a garlic bread, sweetie darling" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Icon 506 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh, I asked for it, I guess.
zman977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BeetleSkin:
quote:

I'm at a loss. Maybe a few more lines of exclamation points would clear things up.
You mean the all caps didn't do it for you? [Smile]

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei

Icon 600 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
^ What is this supposed to be? It looks like a guy rubbing his face with an Italian bread.

EDIT

Well, that was weird. The icons were one way pre-posting, then changed when I hit "add reply".

So.. uh... nevermind. [lol]

So weird....

DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 606 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

This post, coupled with the crybaby icon, made me laugh.

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86

Whoever wrote the last e-mail posted apparently didn't pay attention to the "false" labels on the stories he/she was complaining about. Had he/she been paying better attention, it would have been clear that as far as we know, no lobsters or "girbils" have been used in that um, manner.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true that bunnies have wings under there fur and they fly
aroud at night. I am not on crack. Okay u don't have to beg me maybe I am
but really is it true?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 27 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hy people my name is gl0ntZ par par par
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 106 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I think its very imature for soeone to stert such a rumor about
ciara i a a great fan and for a while i stopped listenig to her music
atleast now i know the truth so my diva with her great body lives on
thanks

Egg Note

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Egg Note   E-mail Egg Note   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hy people my name is gl0ntZ par par par

I'm guessing the "par par par" is supposed to be laughter. Or maybe I've played too many J-RPG video games. Fu fu fu...

--------------------
Okay, just to make it clear, there is a real world out there. No really, there is. I checked.

Posts: 886 | From: Suffolk, VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard that the Pilsburry Doe Boy died because he got poked to
many times. Is this true?

TrishDaDish

quote:
i a a great fan and for a while i stopped listenig to her music
Sigh...Ok...first, I'm going to believe what you meant to say was "I am a great fan and for a while I stopped listening to her music."

Second, I have to say...do what? You're a "great fan" yet you "for a while stopped listening to her music"? What kind of "great fan" are you?!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Greywarden

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greywarden   E-mail Greywarden   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I heard that the Pilsburry Doe Boy died because he got poked to
many times. Is this true?

Actually, he slipped on a piece of waxed paper and fell into the deep frying pan.... mmmmmm tasty!

And on further thought:

Doe boy..... sounds like a transgendered deer.

--------------------

Posts: 25 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AblazeSheLiveth

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
AFTER SPECTACULAR RISE, NOTED DOUGH BOY HAS FALLEN

Veteran Pillsbury spokesman Pop N. Fresh, 71, died Wednesday of a severe yeast infection, complicated by obesity, hot air retention and repeated pokes to the belly.

He was cremated, (of course), and his remains were sealed in a greased loaf pan shaped urn and buried Friday in the Manna Memorial Gardens, near Bakersfield, California. Dozens of celebrities attended his funeral, including his longtime friends, Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, Little Debbie, Sara Lee, and the Hostess Twinkies. The grave side was piled high with flours as his godmother, Aunt Jemima, delivered the eulogy. With her tears flowing like syrup, she said, "Pop N. never knew he was kneaded, but he always held a warm place in all our hearts. Who else could have spent his whole life naked, with the exception of wearing that cute little baker's hat, and still been so accepted by so many?"

Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model to millions. Doughboy is survived by his second wife, Play Dough. They have two children and one in the oven. The funeral was held at 350° for about twenty minutes.

TrishDaDish

I'm not sure whether to consider that a terrible pun laden joke or an example of glurge at it's worst.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

ranran yousei

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is it true that bunnies have wings under there fur and they fly aroud at night.
Only the flesh eating ones. Especially the cave dwelling variety.

quote:
I am not on crack. Okay u don't have to beg me maybe I am but really is it true?
No one begged. How can you not know if you are, or aren't, on crack? Use too much and forget when you last had any?

Flesh eating, cave dwelling bunnies like crack addicts. I'd be careful if I were you. Don't go to sleep, and watch the skies.

TrishDaDish

We'll not risk another frontal assault! That rabbit's dynomite!!

-

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i will like to know much about school
Greywarden

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greywarden   E-mail Greywarden   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i will like to know much about school

No you will not!

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i think you fuckin suck
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: how can you dirty fucks call ciara a man. she is all womam.
beyonce started this rumour.

GooglyEyes
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GooglyEyes   E-mail GooglyEyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i think you fuckin suck

Well, at least they got right to the point. Bonus points for not using caps or exclamation points.
Posts: 789 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages