snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 501 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isaac3159:
I can help you, Brittany.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20500

Hmmm, this website has phone numbers for everyone who works at the White House except the President. Even Laura Bush has a phone number! No luck finding an e-mail adress.

NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? SHE MIGHT BE AN AL QAEDA SPY!!

[Eek!]

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Stressa, ducking all questions
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 101 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO TALK TO THE PESEDENT
BY SENDING ME HIS ADDRESS OR EMAIL ADDRESS!
SINCERLY,
BRITTANY

Dear Brittany, save up your allowance and form a PAC, or hire a good lobbyist.

"Pesedent"? For some reason, this made me think of the CEO of PEZ.

"Mmmmm, PEZ"-Stressa

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 210 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO TALK TO THE PESEDENT
BY SENDING ME HIS ADDRESS OR EMAIL ADDRESS!
SINCERLY,
BRITTANY

Dear Brittany,

The President of the United States (I assume you were referring to him, since that is the country where snopes is based) is George W. Bush. He speaks English. It appears that you speak English, which will be helpful. However, it also appears that you are fond of shouting, which is not a good thing to do when conversing with heads of state, unless you are a journalist waving your arms at a press conference. Perhaps that is the route you should take: become a journalist and go yell while waving your arms at a press conference.

Avril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/jessica.htm

Comment: I'm sorry but may I ask you a question..... Would you weear
underwear If u were that hot! I know I wouldn't

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay, Duck Hunter

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Geez. If this is a man, he's the kind that gives guys a bad name. If this is a woman, she's ignorant and/or pathetic. Either way, this person needs to get their head beat into a brick wall, like my smiley.
Isaac
Happy Holly Days

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Isaac         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Agreed, but what bothers me most is that he refers to a cartoon character as "hot!"

--------------------
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.

Posts: 1600 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Spam & Cookies-mmm
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 203 posted      Profile for Spam & Cookies-mmm   E-mail Spam & Cookies-mmm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I can help you, Brittany.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20500

Hmmm, this website has phone numbers for everyone who works at the White House except the President. Even Laura Bush has a phone number! No luck finding an e-mail adress.

It's president@whitehouse.gov

or, if you prefer, vice.president@whitehouse.gov

Just don't tell Courtney.

--------------------
Did you see the Announcement?
There's a new snopes message board!

Posts: 7767 | From: Paradise Ceded | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silence Dogood

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swan & Cookies-quack:
It's president@whitehouse.gov

or, if you prefer, vice.president@whitehouse.gov.

Boy, wouldn't it be interesting to have a "We've Got Mail" section based on the Inbox of THAT e-mail address ... [Eek!]

Silence "DEAR PRES BUSH I SAW SOMEONE ON TV BURNING A FLAG PLEASE MAKE THEM STOP" Dogood

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: iam a slave master part two his cousin dims i got a bitch in my
base ment right a this moment an shes a virgin

slave master**

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Island Manta
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Island Manta   E-mail Island Manta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

slave master**

Okay..what happened to part one? and why does this person have my cow-orker in his basement? (Not that I happen to MIND he's got her corraled...but rest assured she is *not* a virgin)

-K

--------------------
"You never know when you will be attacked by a wild tortilla" - José Zavala
"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin playing goat"
Be good and you will be lonesome

Posts: 3569 | From: USVI | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms Stressa, ducking all questions

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

slave master**

Yes, it does appear that slavemaster's cousin *is* dim.... [Thwack]

'must control fist of death'-Stressa

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 208 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/college/admin/swimtest.htm

Comment: WUT EVER!! i think u lie about everhything. yoyur site is
SOOOOOOOOOOo BOHUS!!! *bogus
l8r dude
-Guy Man

anue
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 402 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
^^ Shouldn't the above post be in Troll Call?

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Weeelll, I've always thought Troll Call was for posts Snopes has identified as being from ULMB members.
anue

Icon 503 posted      Profile for anue   E-mail anue   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Identified? I thought it was just for posts snopes THOUGHT were written by trolls. Oh well! I learn something new every day.

--------------------
om mani padme hum

Posts: 2306 | From: tennessee | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
John Dope slithering under a rock

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
This must be a work of a troll!

For some reason I can totally visualize a trenchcoated Gary Larson detective standing over a body saying that
resELution

Icon 1 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

slave master**

It sounds like "slave master**" is quoting lyrics, but I didn't come up with anything when I did a search by lyrics for "cousin dims" "I am a slave master" "slave master" or "bitch in my basement."
Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: ok i have a story that i heard from my friend. she says that it
happened to her sister friends brother. OKay there is 2 11 year old kids
playing in the backyard and eating hot tamales, you know those candys.
well one kid has to pee so he goes and pees and decides to kind of jack
off a little. well the hot tamale sticky ness is all over his hands and
gets in his pee hole. he goes to his mom to tell her he got it in there
while peeing so she startes trying to kinda pinch it out with her hands..
well the kid spluges all over his mothers hand. his mother is so
embarassed she walks out on the family... the kid is now 16. this
deffinatley deserves to be on your website.

an Em Dash of sugar
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for an Em Dash of sugar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
deffinatley
My single biggest spelling munchkin ever strikes again...and I think this is by far the worst spelling of "definitely" I've ever seen -- I've never seen a specimen with a double-f, a superfluous "a," and the "l" and "e" reversed...

Sorry, what was the comment again? [lol]

Posts: 1251 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I think this is by far the worst spelling of "definitely" I've ever seen
Maybe he meant "defiantly."

- snopes

Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why would this kid's mom touch his...That is just wrong. She should have told him to go wash it off in the bathtub or something.

And if she walked out on her family because of her own weird mistake, then she wasn't much of a mother, now was she?

The moral of the story??? Don't eat hot stuff and then touch your pee-pee, or your mother will abandon you.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
InfraPurple
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for InfraPurple     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I can just see that glurge coming now.

This may sound like one of those Urban Legends, but I trust the source.

My father's sister's hairdresser's daughter's boyfriend's dog's original owner's mother's aunt was visiting a friend....

--------------------
While I wasn't falling down or anything, gravity and I did have an interesting relationship for a short time. - Purple Iguana

Posts: 715 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: lmao these ppl are soooooooooooooo stoopid who in hell wud make a
video tape of them selves makin lurve and not check they took it out the
camera i mean cum on is that thick or is that thick! and the anal stories
with poo cummmin outta the grls asses is jst gross !!!!!!!!!!!!

my friend finds this site a turn on :S

luv yas (no really)

xXxeminem-luverxXx

Chickee Daizy
Live and Let Madai

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Chickee Daizy     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone who spells stupid "stoopid" is well...just stupid.  -

--------------------
Some people are like slinkies...They don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posts: 907 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I read your article about the band book of Dr. Seuss and I wish you would get your facts strait before you put it on a web page. I guess you missed the in-depth documentary on Dr. Seuss on the Discovery channel. They had interviews with close relatives of Dr. Seuss about the band book. This book was removed from the shelves. So please do your research before you write something for the public to read. The book Do You Know what im going to do next Saturday was band and it was by Dr. Seuss.Please write the truth about the book.
steventoo

what band is the book about?
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wondered that too.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The band must be The Who.

All the Whos down in Whoville....

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeetleSkin
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeetleSkin   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeetleSkin       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Agreed, but what bothers me most is that he refers to a cartoon character as "hot!"

I agree with you, but how can any say that Trixie from Speed Racer was not incredibly hot!

--------------------
Hello, I'm new. First one to tell me which John Irving novel I got my screen name from wins a prize. (not really)

Posts: 4 | From: Delaware, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
BeetleSkin, you have the distinct (dis)honor of, with your very first post, forcing me to clean bits of partially chewed mixed veggies from my keyboard after reading your post.

That has to be one of the funnier things I have read in quite some time!! And it is SOOOoooo true!! She was gaunt to the point of being starved... and had nasty hair! And those SHOES!! [lol]

Welcome aboard!!

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei

What's even funnier Malruhn, is:

I read Beetleskin's post in the fast monotone way that the dialogue in Speed Racer always had. Without meaning to.

I almost fell out of my chair when my eyes reached "Speed Racer".

ranran "not quite awake, and my brain makes one whole word out of a sentence" yousei

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 208 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hey, i was at your website, and it says that the one where
aladdin says"good teenagers take off your clothes" they put as false well
i have watched that part over and over and every time i watch it it says
that, and well i think you should no it is true!

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 208 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
^ What is this supposed to be? It looks like a guy rubbing his face with an Italian bread.

We now return you to this thread, already in progress.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thumbs up?

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
an Em Dash of sugar
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for an Em Dash of sugar     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
What is this supposed to be? It looks like a guy rubbing his face with an Italian bread.
I'm never going to be able to see it as a thumbs-up again... [lol] !
Posts: 1251 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages