snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Why 5-year-olds shouldn't be on the Internet
Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I like you

Well we like you too!

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 502 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: ok how is mr ed a zebra ok you would see the darkness in the
stripes ok god you are so young or you act that way bye bye i am never
comeing on here again

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 97 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
god you are so young

I'm getting Him a "Seven Days of Creation" playset for his next birthday.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: OMG WHO CARES IF MARILYN MANSON WAS ON A TV SHOW.....HE KICKS ASS
BITCH!!!!!!!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hi ya'll! please shut this off! i hate your damn site soo bad!
its like voooo dooo dooo! haha! get it? doo doo! Man how freakin shitty
can this idea be? the "smith sisters" story is soo damn gay and fake. i
cant believe you guys have the "witt" to think about that. .hahaha. get
off you whores!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hi my names alyssa and i'm at school and i'm bored in
computer
class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hi ya'll! please shut this off!

OK, here goes...  -

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 99 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: the christmas house with all the lights and music was totally
pimp!! i loved it!! plus you guys have an awsome site!!!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HEY I JUST WANTED TO SAAY THAT I THINK THAT THE STORY ON THE 5.5
YEAR OLD HAVING A BABY WAS COOL!!!
I NEVER KNEW THAT, THT COULD HAPPEN. I WONDER IF YOU HAVE THE YOUNGEST
PERSON TO DIE WAS???!!!!! I YOU DO THEN COOL FOR YOU, AND IF YOU DONT
THEN I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD GET IT!!!!!
I KNOW I MAY BE ONLY 12 BUT THE STATING OF THE PERIOD IS WRONG!!!!!!! THE
CORRECT AGE IN THE USA IS .................

10 TO 10.5

SO I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK THAT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

AND THIS IS NOT TO BE RUDE BUT TO HELP YOU WITH NEW AGE COLORS
GRREEN, BLUE, YELLOW, AND WHAITE COMBO IS SO PLAYED OUT!!!!!
TRY SOMEHTING NEW LIKE
PINK,YELLOW,ORANGE, AND WHITE COMBO NOW THAT WOULD BE
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

10 TO 10.5

TRY SOMEHTING NEW LIKE
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LYKE, ONG, DO UR PARENTS GIVE YOU TEH COFFFEE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Turban "Somebody give this kid some bennehdryl"Man

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Turban Man:
quote:

10 TO 10.5

TRY SOMEHTING NEW LIKE
IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LYKE, ONG, DO UR PARENTS GIVE YOU TEH COFFFEE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Turban "Somebody give this kid some bennehdryl"Man

St. Joseph's Valium for Children.

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JoFo
Joy to the world, the Wii has come.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoFo   E-mail JoFo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: hi ya'll! please shut this off! i hate your damn site soo bad!
its like voooo dooo dooo! haha! get it? doo doo!

(snip)

I'll admit it. I chuckled a bit too much at that joke. [Razz]

--------------------
I'm not paranoid, I'm just surrounded by enemies!

Posts: 420 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
This reminds me of Family Guy.

Peter: "It's my fatherly duty, eheh doodie. But no time to laugh about it now!"

TurbanMan

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: i think that the new patriotic can is a disgrace to are contry!!
let the people who think different about the "under god" in the alligance
think different. who cares!
more than half our contry beleaves in god!
i have just posted something on a webpage not to buy pepsi. i got it sent
to me. pepsi will have a fall in income if this thing comes out. and don't
blame it on coke.
mt. dew is good but other than that it sucks!!
you are disgracing our country!! and our people.
thank you for your time,

sinserally,

a citizen of the u.s.

Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: mt. dew is good but other than that it sucks!!

I heard Mt. Dew swallows...
for COKE [fish]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
noreen
We Three Blings

Icon 303 posted      Profile for noreen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i think that the new patriotic can is a disgrace to are contry!!
let the people who think different about the "under god" in the alligance
think different. who cares!
more than half our contry beleaves in god!
i have just posted something on a webpage not to buy pepsi. i got it sent
to me. pepsi will have a fall in income if this thing comes out. and don't
blame it on coke.
mt. dew is good but other than that it sucks!!
you are disgracing our country!! and our people.
thank you for your time,

sinserally,

a citizen of the u.s.

Do you suppose he's one of those 'English speaking only' folks?

--------------------
"No matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in 'Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Posts: 1112 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: ok so i read the pop rocks and coke article and i know its not
true but there is another pop rocks legend i have heard....my father told
me that him and his friends use to snort pop rocks cause it gave then a
breif air high and the fizzle gave them a good tinglely feeling...he said
that one time while while it his friend was drinking some coke and they
made himm laugh and it came out his nose but in his sinuses it mixed with
the pop rocks and he started foaming and bleed from his nose so they
rushed him to the hospital

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey kid, if you want real cheap thrills with Pop Rocks, I can mention a few nfbsk places to let them do their stuff...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That doesn't hurt?

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes. Don't ask. Really.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone just told me that the other day! He said to make sure to swallow (the Pop Rocks!) once they quit popping or they'd scrape.

ETA: Oops! He wasn't telling me to do that to him or anything, we were just talking about it, honest! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Me: "He's 19? Uh oh, I bought him a beer."
A: "You contributed to the deliquency of a minor in drag!"
"Sweet spell check: keeping drunks off the radar since 1995."- IND
God Re-Animate Green Pork Bush

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's amazing what topics that come up in idle conversation. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candycane from strangers   Author's Homepage   E-mail candycane from strangers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not sure if you're trying to insinuate something with the [Roll Eyes] , but the conversation went thusly:

Me: Check it out, Pop Rocks. (we were at a gas station)
Him: Oh god that reminds me, guess what [GuyWeKnow]'s girlfriend did with Pop Rocks?
Me: Uh....do I want to?
*He told me*
Me: Wow.

And that's the end of that chapter. No Pop Rocks entered either of our mouths through any means that evening, nor did anything else.

--------------------

Posts: 3986 | From: Illinois, jealous? | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 84 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Now you've got my curiosity piqued - I may just have to see if she's willing to try this one [Wink]

Reminds me of a couple I knew in grad school - admitted they used chocolate jimmies (ice cream sprinkles) for a similar purpose [Eek!]

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
candycane from strangers

I can sort of see the Pop Rocks thing, since it would give a popping sensation, but what would sprinkles do other than get in the way? [Confused]

--------------------

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by candy from strangers:
I can sort of see the Pop Rocks thing, since it would give a popping sensation, but what would sprinkles do other than get in the way? [Confused]

It might not have been the exact same purpose. It might have been more like using them to create a trail that she'd follow to get to the "tresure".

There is another possibility, but I don't want to squick everyone out by suggesting it.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brillo Bee
Wii Three Kings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brillo Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks, GenYus... now I'm terribly curious.

~Bee

--------------------
People do not wish to appear foolish; to avoid the appearance of foolishness, they are willing to remain actually fools. -Alice Walker

Posts: 335 | From: Minnesota | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Those wanting details should PM me.

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The story about the spider can't be true because Air India
doesn't have bathrooms: just a big patch of Kudzu at the rear of the
plane.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: that was the funneyst pictures i ever saw hahahahahahahahah
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/skinned.asp

Comment: were the smith sisters nice cause i surfed the web and i got
there pictures

Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Rob D / Blackwolf, the yule dodo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
were the smith sisters nice cause i surfed the web
Yes, its always the nice sisters that come back after death to kill people. Those who are not nice do that while they are alife. Makes me glad to have a brother... no wait... I have a half-sister. That means she just mutilates me or leaves me half-dead?

--------------------
~Reality, the refuge of those who fail in RPGs~
aka Darkfist Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Posts: 334 | From: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 203 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: dear Snopes.com staff.
i am calling you to tell you that the story of the collage students
training the prof is true. i did about the same thing with my
math teacher Ms Barthromu. we made her only write with her left hand. when
ever she used her right my class would start making distracting noises
like sneezing, coughing ect, ect

plese mark your article as confirmed

NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: dear Snopes.com staff.
i am calling you to tell you that the story of the collage students
training the prof is true. i did about the same thing with my
math teacher Ms Barthromu. we made her only write with her left hand. when
ever she used her right my class would start making distracting noises
like sneezing, coughing ect, ect

plese mark your article as confirmed

Hmmm, looks like you should have spent less time on your math teacher and more time with your English teacher.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: that was the funneyst pictures i ever saw hahahahahahahahah

That wasn't a picture, that was a mirror
I know it's cheezy like your mom's [fish]

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages