snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Burning issues of our times (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Burning issues of our times
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 87 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Ever get any information on if Optimus Prime turns to dust when
he dies in the theatrical version of Transformers the movie?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I resently purchased a 3 pc set and a 2 pc set of inexpensive
luggage. The odor that both sets have is awful. How can I get rid of the
odor, and is the odor there because I purchased a cheaper set luggage.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you buy the luggage from the Mafia? If so, you might want to check under that false suitcase bottom. The odor could be the least of your worries.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Ever get any information on if Optimus Prime turns to dust when
he dies in the theatrical version of Transformers the movie?

Yeah he does, and having to find a new actor every day is real headache for the production.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is pork fat added to packaged hamburger meat?
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Is pork fat added to packaged hamburger meat?

Of course it is. That's why it's called "ham"burger. Yeah, that's why.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard that Dog The Bounty Hunter missed his Daughter who was is
a car accidents funeral for his wedding..Is this true I really hope not if
it is he is a JERK....

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: I heard that Dog The Bounty Hunter missed his Daughter who was is a car accidents funeral for his wedding..Is this true I really hope not if it is he is a JERK....

So short, yet so incomprehensible.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "who was is" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was looking over the latest UL update #270 and I looked at your
story about Marlin Perkins. There is a link imbedded in the story for
Marlin Perkins that takes you to the St. Louis Walk of Fame website.
Interestingly the same photo you used in your story is on that website.
However, the photo is reversed. Now you have me wondering which side of
his head did Marlin Perkins part his hair?

Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I heard that Dog The Bounty Hunter missed his Daughter who was is a car accidents funeral for his wedding
What is a car accident funeral? And why would his daughter be in one for his wedding? Wouldn't she wear something [diva] that didn't make her look so fat? [/diva] [fish] [Wink]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The attached web site describes a type of drink/shot (a toe shot)
that contains a human toe. Is this an actual drink or is this made up? I
don't believe it is but a co-worker believes it is real.
Thank you for your help in deterning if this is real or not.

http://www.donreddick.com/tr_27.html

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 103 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: The attached web site describes a type of drink/shot (a toe shot) that contains a human toe.

Medical community baffled by new condition dubbed "Athlete's Mouth."
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 208 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: One question i do have...can you tell if the wrestlers on myspace.com are
the real thing or not? I believe they are,however am always being told by
my husband to quit wasting my time because they are just fakes.I know this
is out of your norm...but thank again for the rumors and such.

Canuckistan

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
John Cena has said that some of the wrestlers' pages on MySpace are the real thing (his is, for instance).

Yeah, I don't care either.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 220 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Snopes,
I was wondering about a email that I got from a sender that my cotacts
finder did not recognize. The sender's name is "camille something"(not
capitalized) and the title/ subject of the email is "tough....but i got a
10". Please reply because I am scared to open it because of the risk that
it is a virus email.

P.S.: I don't recall meeting anyone with the name "camille".

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you considered flipping a coin? Heads you delete the email, tails you suck up the virus.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hey it could be a free pizza offer. Go for it.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Question: Do airplanes have horns like a vehicle would?
I heard a horn sound while on a plane trip and it sounded just like a car
horn.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do airplanes have horns like a vehicle would?
"Hey, you kids! Get off my airspace!"
TrekkerScout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrekkerScout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I heard a horn sound while on a plane trip and it sounded just like a car horn.
And exactly how low were you flying?
Posts: 306 | From: Tacoma, WA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Karmyn
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karmyn   E-mail Karmyn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dog and Beth decided to go ahead with the wedding. The funeral was after the wedding. I think they may have postponed the honeymoon, though.

--------------------
"I have a very cunning plan."

Posts: 506 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I heard a horn sound while on a plane trip and it sounded just like a car
horn.

What was the inflight movie?

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 602 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Question: Do airplanes have horns like a vehicle would?

I can't believe that you're never heard of an air horn. Sheesh!

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My business partner remembers that either Shoney's or Howard
Johnson's had a dessert called "Fudgeina" in the early 1970's, either in
NC or Virginia. Any truth to that?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I use to work at Jack In The Box, and the ingredients of eggrolls
and tacos contain anchovies. I discovered this while reading the large
boxes these items are delivered in. Yuck.

NorthernLite
We Three Blings

quote:
Comment: My business partner remembers that either Shoney's or Howard
Johnson's had a dessert called "Fudgeina" in the early 1970's, either in
NC or Virginia. Any truth to that?

It's absolutely true. This was a marketing ploy to counter Dairy Queen's Penis Buster Parfait

--------------------

Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I use to work at Jack In The Box, and the ingredients of eggrolls
and tacos contain anchovies. I discovered this while reading the large
boxes these items are delivered in. Yuck.

I love anchovies.

Nick

--------------------
Don't forget to register for the New ULMB.

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Theodorakis:
I love anchovies.

Especially stuffed in green olives. One of my favourite things about going to Spain.

--------------------

Kathy B
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kathy B     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
JITB's egg rolls have "Anchovy Flavored Fish Sauce (Anchovy Fish Extract, Salt, Sugar)." There is no anchovy in the taco sauce or the taco beef filling, although the filing has Worcestershire sauce. JiTB has a page that specifically flags fish as an ingredient in their products. Ingredients

--------------------
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

Posts: 4255 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nick Theodorakis   E-mail Nick Theodorakis   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The bottle of Lea & Perrins Wocestershire sauce in my refrigerator lists anchovies as an ingredient (the fourth one, after vinegar, molasses, and high fructose corn syrup).

Any chance we can start an UL that Dr. Pepper contains anchovies? [Wink]

Nick

--------------------

Announcement here

Posts: 1089 | From: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why do you refrigerate Worcestershire sauce?

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Because if you leave it out in the open, it could mix with the embalming fluid easier. And do you want another plague of zombies? [Razz]

--------------------

Nick Theodorakis
We Three Blings

quote:
Originally posted by AnglRdr:
Why do you refrigerate Worcestershire sauce?

ummm... I dunno. To keep it with the rest of the condiments? Because my mom did?

Nick

--------------------

Announcement here

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I know you are busy but I did not know who else to turn to. My
friends and I have a 20 year old argument we need settled. What does the
W on female clothing stand for? For example a size 16W would be a normal
size and code.

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It stands for "Wicca". Y'know those satanic cleaning products? And the "K" on the food that's controlled by the Jews? The Wicca people wanted in on the action. So, a long time ago, they got got clothes (and even some of the women's shoes!) to have a "W" on them.

Now, don't be afraid. Wiccians aren't evil, or working with the devil. But they do want to have some of the wealth.

Trish "Size 8 1/2W shoes" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages