snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Non sequitur, you say? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Non sequitur, you say?
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: No big deal, friends, & if you play music, pls. just a.s.a.p. take it up with me, so that I can tell you, whatever my life's about to concentrate on to give me whatever thought-of result, remains to be seen.

Well, I'll make it a big deal because moose are scarce when the A train is behind schedule, and you can put as much music in your tank as you like, but your car won't go just because of the weather.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I forgot that I had been told that the Manager of Code Compliance will fire people in a heart beat. I'm scared about tomorrow. I will just pray about it, and hope for the best. I just have a bad feeling.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I forgot that I had been told that the Manager of Code Compliance will fire people in a heart beat. I'm scared about tomorrow. I will just pray about it, and hope for the best. I just have a bad feeling.

Then use the force, Luke.

--------------------

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i use internet dating sites--namely yahoo, and msn---there is an
increase in women from nigeria or nigerian descent. they offer themselves
as ptential girlfriends, asking for my address,and phone number--then its
a bank account they want, and the nearestairport-i'm quite scared actual
because i live on my own, have mental health issues, and thus
vulnerable-----itseems like they want to know all about us without mercy
or integrity--just when u're thinking, abut other things, there's another
sharp, and sometimes brutal reminder that they want everything u've got,
including ur nearest and dearest
i wont give the 2 women in particular's email at the moment--ar
dang-----yes--here they are amaria_247@yahoo.com and
julie_json@yahoo.com
when it happens---theres no remorse, no sympathy, just chiling
ruthlessness

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: if you will look upside down at the cphoto with an iceberg,you
could see at the lower left of the iceberg a penis and two testicles.

Brad from Georgia

quote:

Haven't you ever heard of icebergs calving? How do you think they get the calves?

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 210 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: People of the jewish religion always carry with them gold
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 200 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i have information that shows that john hanson was a black man
whos picture is on the back of a 2dollar bill.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 03 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: pensacola has a land developement ABOUT 18 ACRES OF PRIME
WATERFRONT(in a flood zone) called trillium and has no business being in
the real estate business-

now- prominent ppl are trying to control(for their own gain) the future
of this land- to include being given management rights for ONE DOLLAR A
YR - FOR SIXTY YEARS...!

MY NUMBER ONE CONTENTION IS THAT A GENTLEMAN OWNS A BASEBALL TEAM THAT IS
NOT THE FOCUS OF THIS COMMUNITY-

WE PROBABLY HAVE BETTER QUALITY IN YOUTHS SPORTS AND CERTAINLY SOME HOME
TOWN ATHELETES THAT COMMAND MUCH MORE MEDIA ATTENTION THAN A 'NON-RATED'
BASEBALL TEAM THAT HAS TO GIVE AWAY TICKETS FOR PPL TO ATTEND.

Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You could always build the worlds largest Mini-Mall there.

TurbanMan

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 27 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i have information that shows that john hanson was a black man whos picture is on the back of a 2dollar bill.

I wonder if this guy is related to the dude that used to insist to my brother that there's a black janitor in the building on the back of a penny. My brother would tell him that he didn't see anyone on the coin, and the guy would say, "He's hidin' around a bush, so they don't kick him out and beat him up!!!" Uh huh...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My name is XXXXXXXXX Ahmad.Started my career (1987)as Area sales
Manager of Lipton(LEL),Eastern Province,Saudi Arabia.In 1992 when Lipton
was taken over by Unilever I was promoted as Area operations Manager East
and northern region of Unilever.Because of family reasons i left my job
and settled back in India at my home town Lucknow and associated my self
with few Social organisations along with my markeking consultancy job.
Few of those organisations have started Protest and campaigns against
Pepsi and Other carbonated drinks, targeted Multi National companies with
typical emotional and socially sensitive slogans.
Idiologically i am not conviced by the objectives,arguments and
justifications of these baseless campaigns.Because i have worked with
these Multinational companies.I know that these Multinationals spend
Millions of Dollars on Research,Innovations,Health care,Hygene,Packaging
to improve the Quality of thier products with a single objective to
provide best possible products to thier consumers.
More than 70% drugs and Medicines in our market are counterfiets, fake and
dangrous for Human being but no body comes on the streets to protest
against these hineous crimes.Because top from the politicians to the
lowest level of our entire beurocracy is getting thier under hand shares
from this racket.
95%of the Indian Children are drinking most contaminated milk.
Protesters who are protesting against these Multinationals on Water issue
are escaping from the ground realities and misleading innocent people.
Water scarcity and water level problem in India is because of poor
planning and the result of our total Mis management and corrupt system.
Recently i have seen some kind of calrifications by Pepsi and Cocal Cola
in the print media.
In my veiw these companies should react more aggresively if not directly,
it can be done through a strong lobby of Social activists who have
marketing back ground.
I can provide my sincere services to counter these campaigns.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What year did the TV show "Route 66" air?
Sweet Home California
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

So it's a male iceberg?

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Whoa!!!! Freaky mermaid thing! (The one in florida). That's what
I mean, creapy things like aliens or mermaids or bigfoots!!

Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Whoa!!!! Freaky mermaid thing! (The one in florida). That's what
I mean, creapy things like aliens or mermaids or bigfoots!!

Sez you.

~Psihala
(*'Been called worse... nyeh, nyeh, nyeh!)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Glasses.

"Baby", please outlaw.

But, I need my glasses!

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, "baby", I need to outlaw. Please.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nobody puts Baby's glasses in the...

Oh God, shoot me. I'm making a nfbskin' Dirty Dancing reference. (What's next Trish? Pretty Woman jokes?)

Shoot me.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What day of the week was October 26,1930?
Eddylizard
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddylizard     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Sunday.

--------------------
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is what is commonly known as money. It comes in all sizes, colours, and denominations - like people."

Posts: 997 | From: Maidstone, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Second Tuesday of the week.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 219 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am looking the Folger's coffee Christmas commercial where the collage age boy comes home and surprizes his mom with a pot of folger's coffee.I would very much like to see this again. Where can I find it,and do you know if they will be showing it again this Christmas season? Please contact me and let me know.
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
They show it every freakin' Christmas! Stupid commercial's almost as old as I am.

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Franjava, based on my own memories of that commercial, I'm pretty sure it's older than you are.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 401 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would love to join and receive tags.
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
???

Maybe he wants to join the Army and receive dog tags.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

TAG! You're it!

(runs away giggling)

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TallGeekyGirl:
quote:

TAG! You're it!
You can't give away Tagurit like that! She's ours!

Well, at least ask her first! [lol]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
franjava
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for franjava     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:
Franjava, based on my own memories of that commercial, I'm pretty sure it's older than you are.

I don't know... I was born in '75 and I think the commercial is from the early '80s. Either way. I'm tired of seeing it. [Wink]

--------------------
Never eat anything given to you by a toddler.

Posts: 258 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by franjava:
quote:
Originally posted by Lainie:

I don't know... I was born in '75 and I think the commercial is from the early '80s. Either way. I'm tired of seeing it. [Wink]
I'm sure you did see it in the early 1980s, but I remember seeing it earlier than that -- mid to late 1970s, I believe. They just keep bringing it back.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Mom: "Mmm? Whazzat? What--son!"

Son: "I'm home for Christmas, Mom, and I brought you a hot cup of Folger's."

Mom: "Umm? Uh, let me get my robe on and I'll drink it down--"

Son: "No, I brought it so you could have it in bed--who's that?"

Handsome Stranger: "Uh, is he your--"

Mom: "Oh, boy, this is awkward."

Son: "I HAVE NO MOM!" (Throws scalding coffee in her face)

--------------------

Canuckistan

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Folgers. Good to the last dropkick.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages