snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Non sequitur, you say? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Non sequitur, you say?
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ok, snopes, this is the second thread to say that you polish turds. Come clean with us. Have you got another job on the side? What about Barbara, is she also a turn polisher? Please tell us it's not true!
Kim

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
A Midway Summer Night's Dream
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/disney/waltdisn/waltdisn.asp

No mention that the military shot down Flight 93 AFTER the pilot signified a willingness to FOLLOW THE INTERCEPTOR!

ie: rocking wings back and forth - as described by the anti-democratic court-appointed regime themselves in the New York Times...

What in the name of all 4 Beatles does this have to do with Walt Disney?

Midway "rock my wings babe, like my back ain't got no bone" Bill

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Ok, snopes, this is the second thread to say that you polish turds. Come clean with us. Have you got another job on the side? What about Barbara, is she also a turn polisher? Please tell us it's not true!
Maybe he means to say that Barbara and I are "two Polish turds."

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 05 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I believe that if our for fathers had not put this in our
constatution we would have wound up like some of the countries like Iran.
They had an inspiration from God to put that in our constatution for all
to see. God wanted everyone to know then and now that HE will always be
apart of our beginning and our end.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WizyWyg
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 01 posted      Profile for WizyWyg   E-mail WizyWyg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I believe that if our for fathers had not put this in our
constatution we would have wound up like some of the countries like Iran.
They had an inspiration from God to put that in our constatution for all
to see. God wanted everyone to know then and now that HE will always be

Well I dont know what it says in the constatution but in our Constitution it does say we have the right of freedom of religion.....

Besides my god can eat your god for breakfast....

Posts: 160 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tabbymago
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Tabbymago   Author's Homepage   E-mail Tabbymago   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
HE will always be

And that's exactly why many people take a dim view of God: He's never there.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

--------------------
If you don't appreciate the irony, the irony appreciates.

"Sappiness and medieval violence: it's a wonderful combination. Like chocolate and peanut butter for the mind." -me on my fantasy novel-in-progress

Posts: 2281 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: respond to "Not one Damn dime"

How contre, always the opposition. I think we should invoke the draft and
let the minds of the U.S. get involved in the war. All the good little
boys and girls of college fee the sting for NOT voting. Let them feel the
burn. Also all good businesses and not so good businesses feel the sting
of our desire to elect a president of such small minded ways... So many
Christians and So few Lions.

SO boo on the snope site. If you do not effect someone no one will react;
same old same old.

We should feel the pain that the world is feeling. When do we step up?
We should all feel the pain of Nature. Global warming. The hole in the
ozone layer. Acid rain. Desertification.

Hunger: 40 million dead each year from hunger!

Poverty: Almost 2 billion people, one-third of world survive on less than
a dollar a year. (eat that you capitalists.)

Health: The military expenses of just One Day though out the world would
immunize all the children of the Third World and eradicate the worst
diseases affecting humankind, according to Nobel laureate Bernard Lown.

Have you given to the tsunami victims yet, or is the tsunami an urban
myth?

Stand for something!

We just arived in the garden of this universe. "take care of this garden,
it's yours. Stop destroying it". or are we the voice of Evil? It is up
to US to make this world better if not virtuous.

If "not one damn dime day", then WHAT?

Come up with a solution Don't become the problem.

Stop military spending for one day? or would that hurt a soldier?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I purchased a gift box of No. Ten because there was a martini glass. The package stated there was a card to be completed and sent in to receive a matching glass. There was no card or details inside regarding the beautiful martini glass. How can I get the beverage glass offered ?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am looking for poodle skirts for a girl about 10 years old. Do you carry these. If so, please let me know and also your address.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 23 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Re: Sesame seed flavored Doritos
True or false:

Frito-Lay offered sesame seed flavored Doritos.

True, in 1974-1975 I remember buying these at the local party pantr

Minstrel gone caroling
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Minstrel gone caroling   Author's Homepage   E-mail Minstrel gone caroling   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I purchased a gift box of No. Ten because there was a martini glass.

You can get a pair of #5s? In a gift box? With a martini glass? Would you then be shaken but not stirred? Hmmm.

Would you, would you, in a box?
Would you, would you, near a mangy fox?

--------------------
Last year's goat was burned down by vandals dressed up as Santa Claus and the Gingerbread Man. They were never caught.
My blog. The Adventures of the Fish O'Thwacking.
Countdown: 177 days (or less!)

Posts: 4926 | From: NW Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I wanted to join this site because it says it does Greek translations!! It doesn't appear that it does, Why?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am wondering if your company still is able to supply schools
with information kits and sample products which nurses could hand out to
students at the school during our Life Education Series

ranran yousei
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I wanted to join this site because it says it does Greek translations!! It doesn't appear that it does, Why?

It's a typo. It's supposed to be "Geek translations". Sorry for the confusion.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Glasses.

"Baby", please outlaw.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I am wondering if your company still is able to supply schools
with information kits and sample products which nurses could hand out to
students at the school during our Life Education Series

Are you a giraffe?

Pi "Happy Healthy Harold" ka

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
http://www.snopes.com/toxins/shampoo.htm

Comment: I pray to God for your lost souls, may you come to his grace and be
guided by the holy spirit. You can be forgiven for any transgressions and have
eternal life with God through faith in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:9 or John 3:16
are good places to start.
Your in my Prayers

hmmmmmmmmm, let me see. Snopes gives factaul information therefore he needs to be saved? Trying to figure that one out is making my brain hurt.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm still trying to figure out exactly *what* could possibly trigger someone to pray for snopes' mortal soul over a piece about shampoo! Where does the article about shampoo and how it won't kill you, trigger a "I'm going to pray that God will save your soul" reaction?

W

T

F

?

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I write with regard to participating in a murder mystery night departing from brisbane by rail.

Could you please forward to me by return email costs, dates, what the evening consists of and how we go about booking such an evening etc etc

I look forward to a response at your earliest convenience.

Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I am curious: does snopes send replies to the letters that are obviously meant for some other web page, along the lines of "you must have the wrong e-mail address"?
Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, he gathers the comments we makes and forwards them to the sender.

[fish]

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have to ask - did your husband get hit by a bus? I read your "what's New" category everyday.
Elegist
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegist   E-mail Elegist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... sorry folks, but you're trying to polish turds for terrorists.
Snopes is a taste tester of Polish turds for terrorists?! Where the NSFBSK did you sign up for THAT?

--------------------
"And the Lord our Savior said unto them: "pass the salt!" and lo and behold the salt appeared for he is JESUS and he will kick you in the nuts" (Whatever II, 24-18)

--Rikku

Posts: 75 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Information?
Password?

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 104 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
For Information, dial "4-1-1".

Ze pazzword eez "Swordfeesh".

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The cute baby boy in the Quiznos ad is a girl, not a boy.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: The mole (season one) has a picture of a nuclear bomb in a frame.
Prelude in G Minor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prelude in G Minor     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: The cute baby boy in the Quiznos ad is a girl, not a boy.
It's also neither cute nor a baby.

--------------------
Bad music affects me, but good music affects me even more.

Posts: 191 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: what are pickled saugages made of, retard?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
what are pickled saugages made of, retard?
No, I believe pigs of ordinary intelligence will serve that purpose just as well.

- snopes

Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
what are pickled saugages made of, retard?
No, I believe pigs of ordinary intelligence will serve that purpose just as well.

- snopes

I think "pickled saugages" measure how drunk a pig is.

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
FullMetal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FullMetal   E-mail FullMetal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: what are pickled saugages made of, retard?

I'm curious... if this person is convinced that Snopes is a retard... as is the gist i'm getting from the e-mail. why would he ask him what pickled sausages are made of? I know if I wanted to know something like that i'd ask a butcher or someone else in the industry, and I would definately not call them a retard after asking.
Posts: 153 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the only drunk pig was the person who wrote the original email...then again, that's not a very nice thing for me to say about pigs.

Maybe the money that the person thinks Snopes didn't donate for tsunami victims can be used to buy this person a clue.

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yep, crank out the old Martin Mull records one more time...

And I just drank enough till she looked good to me
And by the morning, I was sorry that I drank it
Waking up where I did not intend to be
Between the sheets with a pig in a blanket

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages