snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » What part of 'false' are you having trouble understanding? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What part of 'false' are you having trouble understanding?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi my name is Rosa and i am very interested in the
article about the golden retrievers, but unfurtunatley i cant get in
contact with the person provided in the article, please if you guys can
contact her it is very important because i am very interested in all the
puppies and their mother. I would really appreciate it.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 04 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Hi my name is Rosa and i am very interested in the article about the golden retrievers, but unfurtunatley i cant get in contact with the person provided in the article, please if you guys can contact her it is very important because i am very interested in all the puppies and their mother. I would really appreciate it.

Dear Rosa,

You're in luck. We still have one golden retriever puppy waiting to be adopted. Fluffums is an irresistable little bundle of love who has melted the hearts of all who have met him. He loves to be held and cuddled while he covers our faces with wet, sloppy kisses. I have no doubt that this adorable little furball will charm his way into your heart, as well. When would you like to come and pick him up?

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:Dear Rosa,

You're in luck. We still have one golden retriever puppy waiting to be adopted. Fluffums [/QB]

For a minute I thought you were talking about Fudgems.
 -

TurbanMan

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674

Icon 23 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no. Fudgems are what Fluffums makes on the newspaper.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: To Snopes .com,
I received this e-mail again and even though i was told your web-site says
it's a hoax, maybe a second look is in order.

>Dear James,
>
>
>
>NB You have to forward this email use Microsoft Internet Explorer /
>Microsoft Outlook to participating in this 2 weeks Microsoft Beta
>Testing....
>
>
>
>This was on the 9:00 o'clock news the other night and this works
>
>THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL
>
>PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!
>
> This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow
> through with their promises for fear of facing a
> multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by
> PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.
>
> Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates
> sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later.
> Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an
> effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely
> used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
>
>When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will
>track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user)? For a two weeks
>time period.
>
> For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will
> pay you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards
> it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and ! for every third person
> that receives it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks,
> Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a
> check.
>
> Regards
>
> Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
> 1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
> 292-1085
>
> I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving
> this e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my
> address and within days, I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need
> to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford
> this, Bill gates is the man.
>
> It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many
> people as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're
> not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without
> getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend
> got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the
> Baylor /UT game. She showed me her check. It was for the sum of
> $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in full"
>
> Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real.
>
> Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the
> largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL
> remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an
> e-mail beta test.
>
> When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track
> it ( if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time
> period.
>
> Try it; What have you got to lose!
>

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...maybe a second look is in order.
*Looks again*

Nope... still 'False'.

~Psihala
(*That was easy...)

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Hi my name is patricia XXXXX and I just love GoldenRetriever`s
and Lab`s so I gess I`m the right person for one of these cute pup`s so
save a female pup for me I will appricate it thank`s p.s.My home phone
number is XXX-XXX-XXXX My dad will answer the home and cell I might answer
the home phone here is the cell number XXX-XXX-XXXX.Ialso might answer the
cell phone number.E-MAIL BACK PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

Snopes, if you're out of pups, you could always offer her a Bonzai kitten [Big Grin]

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "woof woof" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Elwood
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elwood   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the
> largest Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL
> remains the most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an
> e-mail beta test.

What does Intel have to do with being an "internet company?"

quote:
If anyone can afford
> this, Bill gates is the man.
>
> It's all marketing expense to him

What in the heck does Bill Gates have to do with Intel or AOL? My brain hurts.

--------------------
"If I didn't see it and didn't know it was a real news report, I wouldn't believe it. I mean, how nutty can you get?"-Pat Robertson Oct 26, 2006.

Posts: 2936 | From: Mean Streets of West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Snopes

I see why you won't answer the question,Lefty!: "Is Target Corporation a
French owned corporation". Don't dance around the question with off the
wall answers. IS TARGET CORORATION FRENCH OWNED: YES OR NO.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: this page is way to confusing on ben savage's death
Sweet Home California

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Let me help clear things up for you, then.

False.

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 607 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
What's false -- the story, the page or the Internet? [Razz]

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Well I can quite see the problem. See, there it says in a green box that he's dead. Then further down the page that he's not. How terribly confusing. If only there was some way to determine the status of this claim...

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sweet Home California

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Home California     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
What's false -- the story, the page or the Internet? [Razz]

Depends on what website you read the story on. [Razz]

--------------------
I really hate one-eyed flying purple people eaters! I mean, seriously! They're all like, "I like to eat people, I'm purple, I fly and I have one eye!"-We've Got Mail!

The first game ever made using sand, water, oil, and a snail.

Posts: 176 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Claim: Cellular phones have touched off explosions at gas
stations.

you say FALSE but speak about it being true. this is a true statement.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: what website can I order these imitation see through skirts
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Did you yet verify that pin # info you were sending out? If it isn't correct, innocent lives are at stake?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: On "Life is beautiful" I couldn't tell the way it is written
whether it is a hoax or not. Can you be more specific?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Regarding: Ups uniforms purchased by terrorists. You listed the
email I received, but you are confusing me. Say YES if it is true or NO -
if it's a rumor.

rockland6674

Icon 101 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
you are confusing me. Say YES if it is true or NO - if it's a rumor.

YES, it's a rumor.

*OP's brain explodes*

Squishy0405
Wii Wiish You A Merry Chriistmas

Icon 106 posted      Profile for Squishy0405   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squishy0405   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Say YES if it is true or NO -
if it's a rumor.

First you tell me to check yes or no if I love you and if I want to be your friend... and now you want me to tell you about rumor? No wonder you had to write me a note you dork!

*Hums the George Strait song*

--------------------
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular resturant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never ask for and don't always like."-Lemony Snicket

Posts: 1119 | From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
quote:

YES, it's a rumor.

*OP's brain explodes*

Everything I say is a lie.

I'm lying.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Enrico
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Enrico   E-mail Don Enrico   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
quote:

YES, it's a rumor.

*OP's brain explodes*

Everything I say is a lie.

I'm lying.

Are you a Cretan?

--------------------
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling, but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. - Pooh Bear

Posts: 2209 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 505 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: We have kind of been looking for a dog these past few weeks.
When I herd of the puppies I started to wonder about shiping? We live in
Wyoming.Would you be abel to pay shiping? Or us? Please typ back soon!

P.S. how many boys and girls do you have?

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: We have kind of been looking for a dog these past few weeks. When I herd of the puppies I started to wonder about shiping? We live in Wyoming.Would you be abel to pay shiping? Or us? Please typ back soon!

The dogs are free to a good home. All we ask is that the new owner pay for the shipping. Send one stamped self-addressed envelope per dog (size A4). Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery.

Ta ra 'wan,

Ieuan "Shiping the herd as fast as I can typ" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: After looking up the "Bogus UPS Uniforms" I still
couldn't tell if it's a bogus warning or not. Is it
legit?

NZUL
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NZUL     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah. Replace "True" and "False" statuses with "Legit" and "Bogus", and satisfy the masses!

--------------------
"We don't keep a certified whale-vomit expert on staff." - Larry Penny, Director, Natural Resources Department, Town of East Hampton

Posts: 377 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: That corey matthews thing is complete bogus, he was never in an
accident and didnt die!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: i will like to know the prices on the skirts screened on images.
and were i can order it.
thank you

jw
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jw     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i will like to know the prices on the skirts screened on images.
and were i can order it.
thank you

Skirt around the image for the prices.

--------------------
On my old guitar sell tickets, so someone can finally pick it.

Posts: 799 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: The coverage on the website is disjointed and inconclusive. Needs
re-writing to make it clear whether the "reverse ATM number" DOES or DOES
NOT alert police!

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes I can confirm it does does not inform the police.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i read the article about the missing day that scientest lately discovered. there problem still that they are unable to decide the exact time when the sun stopped. firstly i am not christian but i would really help if possible!! please tell the scientest who is working on this miracle that the if this event really happened then there is a great possiblity that it happened around 40 years after the death of the prophet Moses. just ask them to check and they will never lose anything.
Buckleupp
Away in a Manager

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckleupp   E-mail Buckleupp   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
please tell the scientest who is working on this miracle that the if this event really happened then there is a great possiblity that it happened around 40 years after the death of the prophet Moses. just ask them to check and they will never lose anything.

You have his cell number, right?

--------------------
HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...excluding that first Ha. -Stewie Griffin

Posts: 112 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages