snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » People other than Osama bin Laden who have been living in caves for five years (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: People other than Osama bin Laden who have been living in caves for five years
Rebochan the Retail Reindeer
Good King Wal-Mart

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rebochan the Retail Reindeer   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: have you seen the picture , that looks like it has been taken
from the world trade center just before the plane hit? There is a man in
the front, and you see the plane coming toward the camera in the
background.

It's actually an optical illusion, created by the sunlight reflecting off a tinfoil hat.

--------------------
"One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

"Vote Republican! We won't burn you at the stake for your religious beliefs or slaughter your family and steal your land." -- Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 3555 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ranran yousei
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's you !!

How are you gentlemen !!

quote:
Comment: I would like to ask about the rumors concerning a phrase "All Your Base Are Belong to Us." According to one website, an alleged phenomenon started when a poorly translated intro to Zero Wing Sega Genesis was turned into a flash movie. Suddenly, according to the same website, phrases from the intro like "All your base are belong to us," "someone set up us the bomb," and "take off every zig" appeared as graffiti, on billboards, and on school signs. Although some of their photos appear doctored, most appear to me as genuine. Is the "All Your Base" phenomenon real? I don't know the exact URL of the website, but it can be found by Googling "All Your Base."

What you say !!

You have no chance to survive make your time.

ranran "HA HA HA HA...." yousei

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I keep running across this photo. It would be easy to photoshop...

Thanks for researching the issue.

-

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: did u know that 9-11 is also the number for the american
emergency service (911) coincidence

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it? Really? Who'd athunk it.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

ZOMG! Its ture! Its a sing from JESUS!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zman977
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zman977   Author's Homepage   E-mail zman977   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by snopes:
[/QUOTE

Maybe it is just me but I think this person is a little slow.

--------------------
Check out the podcast at www.candidradio.com

Ever notice how we always fall in love? We never climb gently in to love, or step lightly in to love. If love is such a good thing than why is it described as a fall.

Posts: 918 | From: La Salle Illinois USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is the book, "A Million Little Pieces" written by James Frey a
bunch of lies? My siser in law just gave me the book saying how good it
was, but I thought I heard something about it being mostly fabricated, is
that true?

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Every word in A Million Little Pieces is perfectly true. Just ask Oprah Winfrey, she'll testify to that.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you think that is real let me introduce you to my new book. Bush-Secret Genius.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello. This is a picture of a gentleman who is supposed to be on a balcony at the World Trade Center, right before the 9-11 terrorist attacks. We were unable to find anything on the 9-11 urban legends page. Can you please verify rather it is true or not?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am amazed so much has been written about Rush Limbaugh being,
in essence, a draft dodger during the Vietnam War even though he
apparently had a physical problem, and nothing is said about a man we
elected president who actually did evade the draft by leaving the country.
He is an absolute coward and should never have been elected president, but
we never hear anything about that and even if the discussion comes up, the
wonderful LIBERAL assholes in this country defend him and they are the
ones who are quickest to condemn Rush. I suspect this site is a liberal
site as well so I will not support it by reading anything printed here.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages