snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » People other than Osama bin Laden who have been living in caves for five years (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: People other than Osama bin Laden who have been living in caves for five years
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have heard "unconfirmed" reports that although this is true we
also had Air Force Pilots in the air after the first attacks and when the
plane stopped responding and turned off it's transponder we shot it out of
the sky. Those same reports say that that is also the reason that there
were no up close pictures or coverage of the actual crash site.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I heard about the picture of 9\11 when the two towers were on fire. The
smoke of the two towers formed a face that looked like the devil. Is this
true? Do you have the picture?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 97 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I'm not so sure if this really is a legend or not, but i find this really
strange. Have you ever noticed that name of the 2nd Lord Of The Rings
Movie? The Two Towers!
September 11th?? THe book was written before then! FREAKY!!!

Jay with the Red Nose
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah! 'Cuz you know, no one in the world has EVER made two towers, except those in New York!!!

So freaking what?! At least the "Down with Two Towers" idiots from several months ago TRIED to make a point!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: My grand daughter age 15 just received an email telling her she
is heir to a big inheritance. Someone with the same last name died and
they can't find any other heirs--email a Mr. somebody in Nigeria!!!!
what a scam!!!!!

doughgirl

Icon 302 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I heard about the picture of 9\11 when the two towers were on fire. The
smoke of the two towers formed a face that looked like the devil. Is this
true? Do you have the picture?

Did you know that there is a nifty tool that you can use to see if a certain picture is on the website? It's called search! Isn't that an amazing new technology?! [fish]
Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 600 posted      Profile for Felessan   E-mail Felessan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mae:
quote:
Comment: As we all know the World trade centre tradgedy happened on september 11.
But has anyone notice that 9/11 is the same as the american emergency
services number. Planned? Coincidence? I guess we'll never know!

EEP! Europeans better watch out on 1/12 then!

~Mae (who can't find the eleven button on her phone)

Well, the English are safe, given that 999 doesn't give a proper date (and September '99 is past); and in Melbourne, we'd have no problems, 'cos our emergency numbers are either 000 or 11444. Not much to work with.

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game

Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LizzyJingleBells
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 301 posted      Profile for LizzyJingleBells   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felessan:
Well, the English are safe, given that 999 doesn't give a proper date (and September '99 is past); and in Melbourne, we'd have no problems, 'cos our emergency numbers are either 000 or 11444. Not much to work with.

What about November 4th, 2044?! [Eek!] Better watch out...the conspiracy people are going to be all over that one.

--------------------
Come on, come on, we were once upon a time in love
If the only prayer you say in your life is thank you, that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart My Blog

Posts: 7725 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 27 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Felessan:
quote:
Originally posted by Mae:
quote:
Comment: As we all know the World trade centre tradgedy happened on september 11.
But has anyone notice that 9/11 is the same as the american emergency
services number. Planned? Coincidence? I guess we'll never know!

EEP! Europeans better watch out on 1/12 then!

~Mae (who can't find the eleven button on her phone)

But there's still a problem. Will we have to watch out on 12th of January or 1st of December?

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psyche the Electric Penguin

Icon 601 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LizzyBean, up the water spout:
What about November 4th, 2044?! [Eek!] Better watch out...the conspiracy people are going to be all over that one. [/QB]

Well, at least they'll have something to do for another 41 years.

Psyche, 'as well as waiting to see what'll happen on the 13th Nov 2003' penguin [Roll Eyes]

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: re: the accidental tourist

The picture of a "guy" on top of the World Trade Center is one of a series
of humorous manipulated photos in which the same "guy" is pasted into
several historical photos/drawings. From JFK's limo to Lincoln's
assination, to the Hindenberg, the concorde, the USS Cole, he's
everywhere.

If you'd like, I can send them to you.

Sue Bee
Happy Holly Days

Icon 95 posted      Profile for Sue Bee     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Posts: 1596 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dam9191
Deck the Malls

Icon 506 posted      Profile for dam9191   E-mail dam9191   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Of course it would be like believing that Bert (from Sesame Street) is evil and was really one of Hitler's officers. [Razz]

--------------------
"There is no Heaven
So I can't believe in Room 19."
-Bob Geldof

Posts: 207 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comments: If you type in the phrase: "Q33NY" in Wingdings on microsoft word it has a
plane crashing into two towers and a toxin sybol along with the star of
david.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hi: Heard preposterous theory from someone today. They stated
that George Bush ordered/organized the 911 towers disaster, I assume with
the help of the CIA. Have you received any other legends of this nature?

fallentears

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comments: If you type in the phrase: "Q33NY" in Wingdings on microsoft word it has a
plane crashing into two towers and a toxin sybol along with the star of
david.

It's a secret message. It means send us a million dollars or we'll send you a zebra masquerading as a horse.
Don't shoot the Mexican

quote:
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/manyear.htm

Comment: That is the most assenine thing I have ever heard--making man of the
year out of that horrendous killer. It is an insult to the people who lost
loved ones in the 9/11 attacks. If Time wants a Man of the Year might I suggest
Todd Beamer who had the courage to advert yet another tragedy on 9/11

I don't know about Todd but his widow seems to enjoy "adverting" the tragedy...
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is this picture true?

http://www.neaiga.org/pictureusaevil1in_moke14k.jpg

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
.....the Satanic reaper? Can't be fully true if Satan generally has a PITCHFORK...

--------------------
"Never underestimate a nerd from outer space."
--Von, that alien from that Kids Incorporated episode.

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrianB
Happy Holly Days

Icon 206 posted      Profile for BrianB   E-mail BrianB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

It looks like a vaudeville hook to me.
Brian "I just flew in from Hell, and boy, are my arms tired" B

--------------------
"Dear Big Foot Smellers: Please don't quote me on some of this information." John F. Winston

Posts: 1707 | From: Camarillo, CA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Publius
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Publius     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oompah loompa doopity doo...
Posts: 1640 | From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 98 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oompah loompa doopity doo...
My eldest sister managed to mangle this simple line one time when we were growing up... "Oompah loompa DIPPITY doo..."

~Psihala
(*Dippity doo-dah, dippity yay. My oh my what a bad hair day..."

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw!!! How cute! Looks like an evil teddy bear! [Smile]

EDIT: Hum... Closer to an evil Teletubbies, upon closer examination...

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 102 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I can't believe you don't have the famous "last picture taken on
the world trade center" on the photograph part of your website.

fallentears

quote:
Comment: I can't believe you don't have the famous "last picture taken on
the world trade center" on the photograph part of your website.

I can't believe you don't have a brain....Oh wait, yes I can!
TuxedoCat

Icon 301 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Migawd! I always knew the Teletubbies were from Hell, but here is actual pictoral proof!
P.S. Is this the gay one?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Hello,

I was wondering if you know this picture:

It's a photograph from a guy standing on top of the twin-tower. Behind him
you see the plane that is about to fly
into the twin-tower.

Do you know if this picture is real?

LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Hello,

I was wondering if you know this picture:

It's a photograph from a guy standing on top of the twin-tower. Behind him
you see the plane that is about to fly
into the twin-tower.

Do you know if this picture is real?

Um, yes we know. And now we wonder if you are real.

Little "reality lost" Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes...We all know about subjective reality...not that I'm smart enough to argue anything about it.

Pi "Jusenkyo's not real either" ka

--------------------

Posts: 1189 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have seen two weird photos over the net (attached). One was a picture of
a plane coming into the World Trade Tower from the observation deck dated
9/11/01. Another one is a thunderbolt coming to earth. What is weird about
these is that the same guy, in the same clothes, is in the foreground of
each picture. Is there any history on these?

Wizard Lizard

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I have seen two weird photos over the net (attached). One was a picture of
a plane coming into the World Trade Tower from the observation deck dated
9/11/01. Another one is a thunderbolt coming to earth. What is weird about
these is that the same guy, in the same clothes, is in the foreground of
each picture. Is there any history on these?

This has got to be the slowest person on the planet. Not only is it May 2004, but shouldn't the same guy in the same clothes tell them a little something?

There is no sarcasm for this one.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I would like to ask about the rumors concerning a phrase "All Your Base Are Belong to Us." According to one website, an alleged phenomenon started when a poorly translated intro to Zero Wing Sega Genesis was turned into a flash movie. Suddenly, according to the same website, phrases from the intro like "All your base are belong to us," "someone set up us the bomb," and "take off every zig" appeared as graffiti, on billboards, and on school signs. Although some of their photos appear doctored, most appear to me as genuine. Is the "All Your Base" phenomenon real? I don't know the exact URL of the website, but it can be found by Googling "All Your Base."
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jusenkyo no Pikachu     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Should we set him up a bomb? After all, he has no chance to survive make his time.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 95 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: have you seen the picture , that looks like it has been taken
from the world trade center just before the plane hit? There is a man in
the front, and you see the plane coming toward the camera in the
background.

inkiemouse
Let It Wasabi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for inkiemouse   Author's Homepage   E-mail inkiemouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's almost as though a search for "plane" in the Snopes search engine doesn't work!

Weird!

--------------------
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Posts: 541 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages