snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » In 6,000,000 words or less (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: In 6,000,000 words or less
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What would anyone have to gain by posting an anonimous, false
missing child report?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 216 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was trying to find any information on "Jimmy Hoffa" (A man
suspected of being murdered in connection with the mafia) His body was
said to be in many locations like under the NY Giant's stadium. His body
has never been found, this dates back to about 1970ish.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 81 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
His body was said to be in many locations

"Old MacMobster had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on this farm he had Hoffa
E-I-E-I-O
With some Hoffa here
And some Hoffa there
Here a Hof
There a Hof
Everywhere a Hof, Hof
Old MacMobster had a farm
E-I-E-I-O"

- rock "I've seen him, er, around..." land

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is the Bible true and accurate about Jesus rising from the dead?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What is the story about Lizzy Borden and her ax?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is it true that there's evidence of bombs being planted on the
planes of 9/11 and documents of government conspiracy?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 02 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do I get unwanted faxes and emails to stop. Even at work I
get unwanted emails their such a waste of time

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 302 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: How do I get unwanted faxes and emails to stop. Even at work I get unwanted emails their such a waste of time

You could start by not sending unwanted e-mails to random people on the internet, asking them how to stop unwanted e-mails.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: what is the truth about the bush, gore election? dems. insist bush stole
the electiion?????

Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: what is the truth about the bush, gore election? dems. insist bush stole
the electiion?????

Not really - he merely put it in a very safe place until 2008. It'll be back before you know it [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Was the Pope compliant in the Holocaust during WWII?
Turban Man
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 207 posted      Profile for Turban Man     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Was the Pope compliant in the Holocaust during WWII?

Yeah, but only while they were killing Catholics

--------------------
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T,

Posts: 140 | From: Hollywood, Florida | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 401 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: As I have just emailed one of your pages to my Mother-in-Law,
AGAIN, to disprove ANOTHER one of her forwards, I was wondering, who
starts these silly things in the first place?
Are there great hoards of lonely, bored, techno geeks out there who just
sit around making up wild tales?
Years ago, to get into a fraternity at Yale, pledges had to attempt to
get a letter published in Ann Landers. Is this the modern version of that
nonsense?
What is the pay off? I picture weird trolls guffawing over
mocha-latte-double-half-cafs in some wanna-be bistro as they compare notes
and imagine weirder trolls drooling over new and better opportunities to
get rich doing nothing.
I just don't get it. That says nothing. I don't get blogs, instant
messaging as opposed to the telephone or flash mabs either.
Sigh, over the hill and hopelessly out dated in my 40s. Who'd a thunk.
Thanks for your great site.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Your site is a terrific resource of information. I hope you'll
keep up the good work for years to come. I'd like to see some information
about stem cells included on your site. Are babies aborted for the purpose
of creating stem cells? Just what are stem cells and what are they not?
Does stem cell research involve "destroying life," as opponents claim, or
not?

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Somehow i get the feeling that last one goes in the "Do my homework for me" topic...

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i have heard that our Government knew of the plans of 9-11-01 and
did nothing but cancel their flights for that day.

that official reports showed that the government did know.

is this true or false??

Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush
O Come Let Us Adore Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey is a Hanukkah Bush   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Really? They did nothing BUT cancel their flights for that day? Then how did all those people in the airplanes die? Did they hijack the airplanes and crash them into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and into the ground in Pennsylvania themselves? Take-off to crash?

--------------------
My mom, about my nervousness with Jeopardy!: "Don't worry about it. Just get drunk and you'll do fine."
Blog Just call me Mickey 2

Posts: 3295 | From: Radford, VA/Herndon, VA/Orlando, FL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lainie
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie   E-mail Lainie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Mickey, I think the person snopes quoted meant that government officials cancelled their own flights, and left the rest of the air travellers screwed.

--------------------
How homophobic do you have to be to have penguin gaydar? - Lewis Black

Posts: 8322 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: A rumor I recently heard was that female school teachers are
having trouble with by young middle eastern mmales because of their lack
of respect for females in general. Can you confirm or deny?

Norton II
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norton II   E-mail Norton II       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Can you confirm or deny?

I can.

--------------------
Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico

Posts: 287 | From: Mystic, CT | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 214 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is Social Security going broke?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: The Trinity, TRUE OR FALSE?

The belief that Jehovah, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are co-equal Gods being
one God in three.

Countless hours have spent arguing about the belief in the Trinity. Fact
or fairytale?

Fact: The word Trinity appears no where in the Bible. Nor does the
doctrine.

Fact: The Almighty God never said he was Jesus nor did Jesus say he was
God. The Holy Spirit is silent.

Fact: The Apostles never spoke of such a thing nor is it recorded anywhere
in the Bible. The Apostle Paul who clarified so many things never
mentioned one word about it.

Fact: The Bible does give us instructions at:
1 John 4:4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but
test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God,
because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

The Bible also says if it didn't originate from God, it came from the
wicked one. Satan the devil, the originator of the lie.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 302 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
The word Trinity appears no where in the Bible.
It did originally, but the publisher determined it was a printer's error and took it out after the second edition.

- snopes

Mycroft
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mycroft   E-mail Mycroft   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i have heard that our Government knew of the plans of 9-11-01 and
did nothing but cancel their flights for that day.

They forgot to tell the military

There was an overestimation of Pentagon staffers killed originally as some of them were on the plane that hit and when their IDs were found in the wreckage they were assumed to have died at work, and they were also counted in the passenger numbers.

Posts: 135 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 206 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I can't say this new. Is there information on the web or
elsewhere that you know of documenting whether there is global warming,
and if so, is it just cyclical and are humans making it worse? I am
confronted by the fact that I don't know what the truth is. Both sides
tout "facts," but both sides can't have facts that contradict each other.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 303 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Both sides tout "facts," but both sides can't have facts that contradict each other.
Sure they can. In different contexts, contradictory sets of facts can all be true.

- snopes

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages