snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » In 6,000,000 words or less (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: In 6,000,000 words or less
KingDavid8
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingDavid8   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Is the Resurection of Jesus Christ fact or fiction?

Yes.

David

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/KDavid8

Posts: 2530 | From: Lansing, MI | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Does torture of political prisoners or enemy combatants produce
true, reliable, actionable intelligence in a significant percentage of
cases?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Dick Cheney thinks so.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 211 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Why are news people calling muslim terrorists "pirates"?
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Because there are people who happen to be Muslims who stop ships and rob them. This activity is technically called "piracy" and the people who practice piracy are called "pirates."

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 214 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Are there a growing number os scientists that are now claiming
that evolution is not a fact?

Senior

Yes, but very few of them are biologists, paleontologists, or other scientists who deal with life.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 103 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment:
Dear Snopes Online,

Is it true that Michael Jackson molested little boys? I don't know!

Em
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Em   E-mail Em   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment:
Dear Snopes Online,

There's an offline Snopes? Where is it? How much is the entrance fee? Can you buy a day pass, or do you have to get a separate ticket for each UL? Do you still have to pay if your FOAF story turns out to be false?

--------------------
What the NFBSK does YOMANK mean?

Posts: 1646 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Just curious...Why do people send rumors and tales circulating
the Internet? Is it the thrill of watching it circulate? Is there money
involved? I don't get it.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have used your site for years to debunk emails that circulate,
and I appreciate very much what you do. However, I realize a huge omission
(at least I can't find it) for such a site: You should attempt to provide
some possible answers to the giant question: Why would people start these
false/fraudulent email campaigns?

I've heard various answers offered, notably that it is a way to generate
an email 'machine' that will ultimately allow loads of valid eddresses to
be harvested by spammers or those who sell lists to spammers.

Is that true? Are there other reasons?

Little Pink Pill
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Little Pink Pill     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...I've heard various answers offered, notably that it is a way to generate an email 'machine' that will ultimately allow loads of valid eddresses to be harvested by spammers or those who sell lists to spammers.

Is that true?

Is this some form of complicated irony?

--------------------
The technical term is narcissism. You can't believe everything is your fault unless you also believe you're all powerful.--House

Posts: 2684 | From: Budapest | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Just curious...Why do people send rumors and tales circulating the Internet? Is it the thrill of watching it circulate? Is there money involved? I don't get it.

If we knew the answer to that question, there would be a lot less glurge in the world.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: HOW DO I KNOW WHETHER A POSTING IS ACCURATE?
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 108 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

THIS POSTING IS A TOTAL FABRICATION. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
quote:

THIS POSTING IS A TOTAL FABRICATION. IT NEVER HAPPENED.
THAT'S A BOLD STATEMENT TO MAKE, CONSIDERING THAT YOU DON'T EXIST!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Just wanted any updates you might have on world affairs...thank
you...I don't like to forward emails that are not true

Senior

quote:
Comment: Just wanted any updates you might have on world affairs...thank you...I don't like to forward emails that are not true

We are now in the 21st Century. Any emails that say we're in the 17th Century should be disregarded.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: When I discuss the war in Iraq and the topic of Islam as it
relates, people keep insisting that it's a good thing we're there because
all followers of the Q'uran are taught that infidels cannot be trusted and
that any infidel who will not convert to Islam must die. I find it very
difficult to believe that the book which dictates the tenets of a religion
supposedly based on peace and life would contain such a hateful
commandment. Could you please investigate and see if there is even a whiff
of truth to this? It may be one of the most important "cases" you've ever
worked on.

wanderwoman
Bluetooth Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderwoman   E-mail wanderwoman   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: When I discuss the war in Iraq and the topic of Islam as it
relates, people keep insisting that it's a good thing we're there because
all followers of the Q'uran are taught that infidels cannot be trusted and
that any infidel who will not convert to Islam must die. I find it very
difficult to believe that the book which dictates the tenets of a religion
supposedly based on peace and life would contain such a hateful
commandment. Could you please investigate and see if there is even a whiff
of truth to this? It may be one of the most important "cases" you've ever
worked on.

The fate of the world is in your hands, snopes. Be sure to eat that email after you read it.

--------------------
"But I'm adding this to my reasons why I never really liked really good looking men much. Sheesh, what good is good looking if you have to stuff a sock in his mouth." - Sara at home
NFBSK, IIRC and other mysterious Snopester language

Posts: 851 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Sirs:

What is you understanding of the article regarding, Jesus asking Judas to
betray him?

Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Dear Sirs:

What is you understanding of the article regarding, Jesus asking Judas to betray him?

Our understanding is quite high.

Oh ... not what you meant?

It is our understanding that such a document exists. Thanks for asking.

--------------------

Bassist
Chess Nuts Boasting 'Round an Open Fire

Icon 09 posted      Profile for Bassist   E-mail Bassist   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Waffles, for not reading further before posting [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"I'm singing and deranged!"

Posts: 239 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: In recent months, my family has become very annoyed with
inflammatory emails that focus on liberal/conservative views re: politics,
race, society, etc. We have used your website to dispute many of these
allegedly "authentic" emails. Question....Is there any data that suggests
such emails are fueling hatred and division? That they are undermining a
national bipartisenship? Aside from not forwarding such emails ourselves,
what can we as individuals do or say to those who insist on perpetrating
these harmful messages?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I was wondering if there were any ,unbiased,stats that will
uncover the truth to this illegal immigrant issue.If it is true that they
are a burden or if they contribute more than they take.Any existing or
new will be HOT.Any and all GOVERNMENT substanciated.I want to put an end
to this for now.
All the myths.....

they don't pay taxes
they are a drain on the economy
they abuse welfare and medicaid(illegal immigrants cant get assistance?)
they bring diseases
why don't they fix their own country
they cause hospitals and healthcare facilities to close
why don't they learn english

I guarantee you if you do a article it will be BIG.But it has to be
government acquired stats.Or people can question it's legitamicy.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
it has to be government acquired stats.Or people can question it's legitamicy.
Hee hee hee hee ... ho ho ho ho ... oh my, I think I'm gonna bust a gut laughing.

- snopes

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Where does the money in Social Security go?
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Where does the money in Social Security go?

It's glued together to make rolls of toilet paper for use in the White House.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Threadslayer:
quote:
Where does the money in Social Security go?

It's glued together to make rolls of toilet paper for use in the White House.
I thought that's what the Bill of Rights was for.

At least with this administration, anyway.

(Okay, I'll stop with the political rants. For now.)

--------------------

TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Em:
quote:
Comment:
Dear Snopes Online,

There's an offline Snopes? Where is it? How much is the entrance fee? Can you buy a day pass, or do you have to get a separate ticket for each UL? Do you still have to pay if your FOAF story turns out to be false?
It's still in the planning stages. It's going to be called "Snopes' Mount Ridesplace USA," and it'll have more rides than you or your grandmother* can handle!

*Please do not bring your grandmother.

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB Tabby:
It's going to be called "Snopes' Mount Ridesplace USA"

Really? I thought snopes offline was called "David."

I could be wrong, though.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How odd, that so many of the college rumors seem impossible to
substantiate or debunk. I've been in school too long, I lack perspective -
is college life so insular, or what else, do you think, stands in the way
of knowing the root of these legends?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Because you own the site www.snopes.com, I'd like to know about your
opinion on stories based on the Bible, such as the resurrection of
Jesus Christ and his claim as the Savior of all people. What is your
answer on this topic? Thanks for taking your time to read my
question.

Canuckistan

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I'd like to know about your opinion on stories based on the Bible, such as the resurrection of Jesus Christ and his claim as the Savior of all people. What is your answer on this topic?
Yes, it's true.

Such stories do exist. [fish]

--------------------

LeaflessMapleTree
The twelve shopping days 'til Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeaflessMapleTree   E-mail LeaflessMapleTree   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: How odd, that so many of the college rumors seem impossible to
substantiate or debunk. I've been in school too long, I lack perspective -
is college life so insular, or what else, do you think, stands in the way
of knowing the root of these legends?

All the reliable witnesses are drunk at the time.

--------------------
"For me, religion is like a rhinoceros: I don't have one, and I'd really prefer not to be trampled by yours. But it is impressive, and even beautiful, and, to be honest, the world would be slightly worse off if there weren't any."
-Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 3239 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages