snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » In 6,000,000 words or less (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: In 6,000,000 words or less
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roadie4JCM:
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by Prelude in G Minor:
quote:
Comment: Do you have conspiracy theory info regarding the taking over of
our government and the creation of a one-world government?

Yes. Yes we do.
Shut up, already! You've said too much ...
You know, we all laugh. But my aunt's mother's housekeeper's trainer's doctor's receptionist is in charge of this project. So now you know it's true. No, really. It's true.
Is she the one with the black helicopters?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Foolish mortals...it is already taken over. Bow down to First Of Two, lest there be a mighty smiting!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 304 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, they are invisible. If you can see them, then I must send some associates to talk to you immediately. Do not try to call for help, as your phone lines are tapped pending being cut.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: can you please explain the horrible MTV show "Laguna Beach". I
know it's fake, but i want to know to what extent. Full scripts?
questions of that nature. I can't find anything online to prove my theory
right.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It's about girls running around in bikinis and boys, some of them in bikinis, running after them. Sometimes the girls turn around and run at the boys. Occasionally, they collide.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment:
Is there a way that you can find the origin of these false rumors? Who
starts them?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
The infamous They start all false rumors. They, of course, being Them.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Rogue1stclass
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogue1stclass   E-mail Rogue1stclass   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, no. They are the enemies of Them. They and Them fight constantly for the control of It. However, I do not know how These and Those fit into things.
Posts: 195 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Snopes,
Lately, I have been hearing a lot on George W. Bush and Iraq. And there
have been many rumors and legends surounding them. Such as "Bush planned
on invading Iraq before 9/11" and "Bush went into Iraq for oil" and the
like. Could you possibly confirm or reject any of these claims in one of
your articles? It would be greatly apreciated.

Senior

You can find the answers to all your questions about Bush, Iraq, 9/11 or anything else political at either the FREEP or moveon.org.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Judge_Knot
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And we all know that moveon.org is a totally non-biased bi-paritsan organization dedicated to giving all sides of every story, and financing Cindy Sheehan's grieving efforts.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And we know that the Free Republic is equally even handed.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior

Both of those esteemed organizations are known for their even handed, non-partisan, look-at-all-sides commentaries on U.S. and world politics. That's why I specifically mentioned them.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Why is it necessary to close/realign military bases routinely,
and do the massive record-breaking closures/realignments this go-round
have ominous implications? Is this to pay for the war?

Shamrock
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Shamrock   E-mail Shamrock   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Why is it necessary to close/realign military bases routinely,
and do the massive record-breaking closures/realignments this go-round
have ominous implications? Is this to pay for the war?

After the finished killing off all of the native Americans, we skipped the line on the checklist about rearranging our forts for the next 200 years.

--------------------
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 891 | From: New England | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: What is spam and can i get rid of it if it is a virus?
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Spam is a "luncheon meat" manufactured by Hormel. The proper method of getting rid of it is feeding it to your spawn.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Threadslayer:
Spam is a "luncheon meat" manufactured by Hormel. The proper method of getting rid of it is feeding it to your spawn.

But then you'll just end up with the spawn of Spam.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: You have done a great service to the internet community by
debunking urban legends and telling the truth about rumors and I refer
snopes more than any other site, however I have a suggestion: Please
consider addressing social, economic and political issues where the public
can become truthfully informed over hot botton issues like the estate tax,
gun laws, abortion, etc. For example, the public has been scammed by the
idea that the estate tax, or death tax as special interests like to call
it, threatens millions and millions of Americans who have family farms and
small businesses that are unfairly taxed when passed on to family through
inheritance. This is a terrible lie that is commonly believed by the
public at large. In fact,less than 2% of all privately held busineses are
subject to the existing estate tax and those are multi-million dollar
enterprises.

Dark Rikku
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dark Rikku   E-mail Dark Rikku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I admire the first sentence. Seriously, if that person can say it all in one breath, s/he deserves praise.

--------------------
Dark Rikku
Santorum happens
Hail bloody marys

Posts: 148 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Did George W. Bush complete his military service?
Senior

Icon 209 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
He got an honorable discharge, so officially he did.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 209 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: what do you do in the army?
FrogFeathers
Grandma Got Run Over By a Gift Card

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrogFeathers   Author's Homepage   E-mail FrogFeathers   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

I will be all I can be... in the Army.

Oh, wait, that's the old slogan.

I'm busy being "an army of one" because we all know you can't count on your platoon to watch your back.

--------------------
"Is it ME? Am I a MAGNET for these idiots?"~Pearl Forrester MST3K
Die-Hard Engineers, Big Red One my Dad's website
"Must be a 'snopes' thing..." ~my entire family when I try to explain something.

Posts: 4524 | From: South of Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 211 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The more important question is: what do you do in the navy?

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Wow! i have always wondered about those rumors! there are no
rumors you guys havn't answered!!! How often do you get wild rumors?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I was wondering, where do you guys get all your information, it
seems like you know alot! (P.S. I Like how in the Menus you color coded
all of them!)

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I have heard vague rumors, usually accompanied by a knowing nod
or wink, that the Bush family is closely tied with the Saudi royal family.
Is this true?
If so, what are the nature of the ties?

Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It all began when Bush, Sr., met a lady camel...

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: This isnt a rumor that is new but it isnt addressed and its a
pretty big one for the political section. in farenheit 9-11 michael moore
makes a lot of asertions about the 2000 election. was bush connected to
someone at fox news who reported florida as republican even though it was
democrat by 250000 votes. how then did he win the electoral vote. why did
he win the election.

Ieuan ab Arthur
The First USA Noel

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Ieuan ab Arthur     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi All:

quote:
Comment: I was wondering, where do you guys get all your information, it seems like you know alot!

The Magic Eight-Ball, of course. What other authoritative source is there?

Ieuan "The Magic Eight-Ball Says Ask Again" ab Arthur

--------------------
"I e-mail or I don't e-mail. The magic just happens" - From OP in We've Got Mail

Y Gwir Yn Erbyn Y Byd

Posts: 626 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: There's a new movie out about Senator McCarthy, and it's in
response to the Treason book by Ann Coulter.

Did McCarthy personally deny americans their civil rights from his
position in the Senate?

Did McCarthy engage in illegal acts to pursue suspected communists?

Did McCarthy create a "climate of fear" in certain communities? Or in the
United States as a whole?

Senior

Why don't you read the book and find out?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is the Resurection of Jesus Christ fact or fiction?
Jackie in the Elevator
Happy Holly Days

Icon 08 posted      Profile for Jackie in the Elevator     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmm....why don't you ask Michael Moore?

--------------------
Free the West Memphis Three

Why are these cases still unsolved?

Posts: 1618 | From: Texas | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages