snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » In 6,000,000 words or less (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: In 6,000,000 words or less
Isaac
Happy Holly Days

Icon 101 posted      Profile for Isaac         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Isaac3159, just so you know, when snopes posts something starting with "Comment:" it means that the following text is from an email or letter that snopes has received. It is not necessarily the opinion of snopes.
Well, I knew that, but I didn't know about the e-mail thing.

quote:
(And if you knew that already, please don't be offended, and feel free to hit me with a trout. [Thwack] It just seemed to me, from reading your posts, that you might have been a little confused.)
If I really wanted to hit you (and I do!), I'd at least try to find a better weapon than a fish!

--------------------
How dare you expose my ignorance! If you were a woman, I'd slug you.

--------------------
All humans are vermin in the eyes of Morbo.

Posts: 1600 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gg83
Deck the Malls

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Gg83         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
My apologies. I misinterpreted your comments in this thread and in the "snopes: still offending consumers" as replies to snopes, rather than to the authors of the emails. Clearly, I was wrong, and I'm sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by Isaac3159:

Last time I checked, I had two X chromosomes... [Roll Eyes]

Gg "'I just thought... you were a guy.' 'Most guys do.'" 83

--------------------
More Snape in drag. Seriously, man, that just improves any book. Like, A Tale of Two Cities? TEN TIMES BETTER if Madame Defarge is really Snape in drag with a bad knitting habit.

Posts: 241 | From: Land of Lincoln, IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Isaac
Happy Holly Days

Icon 401 posted      Profile for Isaac         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Last time I checked, I had two X chromosomes...
What do you want with your slug?

--------------------
I hear they're very good with salt.
But what do I know? I'm just an idiot.

--------------------

Posts: 1600 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gg83
Deck the Malls

Icon 208 posted      Profile for Gg83         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Salt sounds good to me!
Posts: 241 | From: Land of Lincoln, IL | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 204 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO DISTINGUISH THE TRUTH FROM A HOAX.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Psyche the Electric Penguin
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 24 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Isaac3159:
What do you want with your slug?

meet it here for dinner and drinks? [Big Grin]

Psyche, the 'love the way the Brit's name their pubs' penguin

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tier-Rex

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO DISTINGUISH THE TRUTH FROM A HOAX.

Sigh [Frown] You can lead a horse to water .......
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Approximatly how much money will be made by people in high
government offices directly from the present war?
I don't mean salary wise. I'm thinking cash,stocks,shares
board positions.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crafty

Icon 98 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
QUOTE]Scene 134 - Inside the temple:
JC: Oooo, OhhhKayy you moneychangers! Get your nasty booties outta here! I am getting really pissed off here people! This is my daddy's house! And you - pink and red? At this time of year? Oooh, I am just damp with rage! Oooh but that slave-boy can stay - walk this way honey...

Midway "no animals were harmed" Bill [/QB][/QUOTE]

[lol] That one's gonna stick with me all day!

Isaac
Happy Holly Days

Icon 219 posted      Profile for Isaac         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Milky White Midway Bill:
Scene 134 - Inside the temple:
JC: Oooo, OhhhKayy you moneychangers! Get your nasty booties outta here! I am getting really pissed off here people! This is my daddy's house! And you - pink and red? At this time of year? Oooh, I am just damp with rage! Oooh but that slave-boy can stay - walk this way honey...

Midway "no animals were harmed" Bill

I tried not to laugh because my roommate is sleeping behind me, so my laughter came out in the form of tears. Which is lucky for you, because you don't OMANK.

--------------------

jarbabyj

Icon 87 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Approximatly how much money will be made by people in high
government offices directly from the present war?
I don't mean salary wise. I'm thinking cash,stocks,shares
board positions.

All of it.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 605 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do you feel about Income Taxes?
Kiwibird

Icon 500 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

They are not an urban legend. They really exist.
Avril
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Avril     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiwibird:
quote:

They are not an urban legend. They really exist.
Could this, perhaps, have something to do with those people who say income taxes are voluntary?

Av "mostly they end up in jail..." ril

--------------------
There is no failure unless one stops. --Ray Bradbury

Posts: 2115 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DarkDan
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 212 posted      Profile for DarkDan   Author's Homepage   E-mail DarkDan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Income taxes suck because the money doesn't in come your pockets! HAHAHAHAHA...no.

Dark" [fish] "Dan

--------------------
Missing snopesters | snopesters Facebook group | SLC Birthdays | What does "Bookachow", "YOMANK!" and other lingo mean?
"Gonna free fall out into nothing, gonna leave this world for a while" --Tom Petty

Posts: 3698 | From: Philadelphia, PA or >Tinton Falls, NJ< | Registered: Oct 1492  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Is the government really as controlling and secretive as books
make them out to be? Are there really tons and tons of secret spies all
over the world? Do books like the Bourne Identity and other books by
Robert Ludlum and similar actually hold water? Are we really as in the
dark? Or is it just a rumor, America feeling insecure about the people who
are in control?

Mouse
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mouse   E-mail Mouse   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Do I sound like a fourteen-year-old girl who's been on a meth jag for the past fourteen days? Should I not have taken those pills I found on the flour or will they kill me I stop talking and asking questions like how much wood could a woodchuck chuck and why did the chicken cross the road?

I trout myself. [fish]

--------------------
"You see? The mysteries of the Universe are revealed when you break stuff." Coop from MegasXLR

"I distrust who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

Posts: 2246 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
fallentears

Icon 506 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: ... Are we really as in the
dark?...

Only when we have large blackouts.
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: How do you decide what is an urban legend? Is every urban legend on your site for sure an urban legend? Are they all old? Please inform me
TheBobo
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 95 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Do books like the Bourne Identity and other books by
Robert Ludlum and similar actually hold water?

Yes they do. Weigh one. Then place in toilet bowl for several hours. Take out and weigh again. You will thus see that Ludlum's books holds water very well.
I don't recomend,however, doing this with any Harry Potter books as they will become very,very heavy after being submerged in water.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 01 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: How do you decide what is an urban legend? Is every urban legend on your site for sure an urban legend? Are they all old? Please inform me

You ask it, "Hey, are you an Urban Legend?" If it says, "No," then it is an UL. It's impossible to tell if an UL is old since they nearly always lie about there age.

LittleDuck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: is frederick nietzsche right?
is god really dead?

AblazeSheLiveth

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Nah, He's just sleeping, but don't wake Him up or He'll be REAL pissed.

AOr maybe He's just enjoying a game of Skee Ball...blaze

Protagonist
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Protagonist     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh. Spelled Nietzsche right...you wouldn't believe how many I get where they're like, "Hey, GDMC, I hate that stupid Neetzi guy," or "Dear GDMC, whatever happened to that Neitsky-man?"

Seriously though. When someone outside of the inescapable void known as philosophy spells Nietzsche right, I feel all warm and fuzzy. It reminds me why I decided to become an existentialist. But then I forget again.

--------------------
"I'm so awesome, you don't even know I'm awesome!"

Posts: 213 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was apparently "attacked by the worm sobig" and finally it was
cleared from computer. What a friend and I would like to know,when our
various viruses and worms, etc. are eliminated from our computers, where
do they go? In other words, does the medicine actually kill them off or
are they consigned to a Black Hole somewhere in outer web space. I am
usally just happy yo see the last of the little pests, but my friend's
question got thinking. You probably are thinking here comes another Dumb
question?

Rufus T. Firefly

quote:
Comment: I was apparently "attacked by the worm sobig" and finally it was
cleared from computer. What a friend and I would like to know,when our
various viruses and worms, etc. are eliminated from our computers, where
do they go? In other words, does the medicine actually kill them off or
are they consigned to a Black Hole somewhere in outer web space. I am
usally just happy yo see the last of the little pests, but my friend's
question got thinking. You probably are thinking here comes another Dumb
question?

I'll answer that in a minute, but first I want to tell you about a wonderful place called Computer Virus Heaven...

In Conputer Virus Heaven, you can delete as many files as you want, and there are no firewalls or closed ports! You can send as much spam as you want from any terminal! And every day, Microsoft goes offline after a DoS attack!

Troodon
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly:
I'll answer that in a minute, but first I want to tell you about a wonderful place called Computer Virus Heaven...

In Conputer Virus Heaven, you can delete as many files as you want, and there are no firewalls or closed ports! You can send as much spam as you want from any terminal! And every day, Microsoft goes offline after a DoS attack!

YOMANK!

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrison's Lament

quote:
Originally posted by Go and draw me a Circle:

When someone outside of the inescapable void known as philosophy spells Nietzsche right, I feel all warm and fuzzy. It reminds me why I decided to become an existentialist. But then I forget again.

A little existentialism now and then; that maketh pleasant dreams. And much Nietzsche at last for a pleasant death. [Wink]

--- G.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 08 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: hi can you tell me about ciaras life?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 18 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Do you have conspiracy theory info regarding the taking over of
our government and the creation of a one-world government?

Prelude in G Minor
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prelude in G Minor     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Yes. Yes we do.

--------------------
Bad music affects me, but good music affects me even more.

Posts: 191 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 84 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Prelude in G Minor:
quote:

Yes. Yes we do.
Shut up, already! You've said too much ...

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

quote:
Do you have conspiracy theory info regarding the taking over of

He makes it sound like this would be a bad thing . . .

- snopes

Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Originally posted by Prelude in G Minor:
quote:

Yes. Yes we do.
Shut up, already! You've said too much ...
You know, we all laugh. But my aunt's mother's housekeeper's trainer's doctor's receptionist is in charge of this project. So now you know it's true. No, really. It's true.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Neffti Noel
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neffti Noel     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: can you tell me if there any subjects that have not been tainted by an
urban legend in anyway shape or form?

Yes. My boobs do pass the pencil test, whatever you might have heard down the pub.

Oh, hang on...

Posts: 1157 | From: Westcountry UK "It's Bootiful" | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages