snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Thanks for sharing! (Page 0)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Thanks for sharing!
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Everyone needs a hobby.

I know [fish]

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: the myth that we are sending you is if you jump off a 20 story
building and land on a stack of mattresses will you die
from your friends and fans ROBERT, JAMES AND JACOB

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 500 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: the myth that we are sending you is if you jump off a 20 story
building and land on a stack of mattresses will you die

And even if you don't . . .

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I love Twinkies!!!!!
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
If you jump off a 20 story bulding and land on a 20 ton Twinkie, will you still love it? Yes, but will you respect it in the morning?

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 04 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I love Twinkies!!!!!

But do Twinkies love you?
Bill D.(Get kinky with Twinkies.)

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I love Twinkies, they’re so neat,
Twinkies are so good to eat!
They’re so bright and they’re so yellow,
Twinkies can cheer up a fellow!
Twinkies are better than chicken soup,
Twinkies are filled with sweet, sweet goop,
I love Twinkies, they’re so nice,
Like little tiny cakes that have no ic-
Ing, Twinkies, twinkies, they’re so neat,
I love to squish them with my feet,
Twinkies put color in your hair,
I stuff Twinkies in my underwear,
Twinkies, Twinkies, like a sponge,
Twinkies, wish I had me one, g
Ee but Twinkies are a treat,
Good ol’ Twinkies can’t be beat,
Twinkies keep you happily fed,
If I could, I’d take ‘em to bed,
Twinkies are such darned good fun,
In Massachusetts you can marry one!
All hail Twinkies, all bow down,
Twinkies are fine all over town.
And I’m done.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brad from Georgia:
snip
If I could, I’d take ‘em to bed,
snip
In Massachusetts you can marry one!
snip

The correspondent would like to do those two things.
Bill D.

--------------------

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Squoval

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Twinkies, not waffles.

--------------------

Senior

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Brad,

YOMANK [lol]  -

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 88 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank you about the gum chewing. I have been chewing mass
amounts of gum since age 6, I am now 53 and never had any problems. Just
thought I would let you know..

albuqwirkymom
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for albuqwirkymom   E-mail albuqwirkymom       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Chewing the same gum for 47 years? I would think it would have lost its flavor by now, but I guess that is not a problem for you...

--------------------
I never know how much of what I say is true. - Bette Middler

Posts: 84 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 96 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i wanted to write because i thought that this site is very
interesting and funny for several reasons. the first is that my grandpa
was actually the president and ceo of coke for a short period
of time prior to his death of colin cancer he was the v.p. for a while as
well he died at a very young age and i always laugh when i hear the rumor
amongst people because it ties into my family and all. the second is that
cafeene is not against any commandment in the church you can drink caffine
in the church. the sad fact is that people get personal beliefs mixed up
in this issue. the word of wisdom is what we abide by because it is
revelation given from the lord for us to follow it tell us to stay away
from harmful drugs alcohol cofee tabacco and tea. the purpose for this is
because these things are addicting they run peoples lives they break up
families people become slaves to these items these items become false
idols to people and we are suppose to worship the lord God and it is hard
to when you are so addicted to a certain type of drug or product. so if
you are addicted to cafeene under the word of wisdom it would be advising
that person to not be adicted to it if you were addicted to i dont no
apple juice so much that it ran your life then under the word of wisdom it
would advise you not to be addicted to it even though in the word of
wisdom it does not say specifically to stay away from cafeene or apple
juice as i used in that example, but it does say acohol coffee tea tabaco
and any harmful drugs we should stay away from. but lets remeber also what
the lord said "it is not meet that i should command you in all things "

Canuckistan

Icon 301 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
the first is that my grandpa was actually the president and ceo of coke for a short period of time prior to his death of colin cancer he was the v.p. for a while as well
I know another Colin who was VP, but cancer didn't do him in. Washington politics did.

quote:
it is revelation given from the lord for us to follow it tell us to stay awayfrom harmful drugs alcohol cofee tabacco and tea.
But apparently, the Lord has no problems with crack, heroin or crystal meth. Cofee is the real evil here.

quote:
but lets remeber also what the lord said "it is not meet that i should command you in all things "
This was before the Lord completed his English courses, apparently.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
arnie
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 208 posted      Profile for arnie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
my grandpa was actually the president and ceo of coke for a short period of time prior to his death
What did he do after his death?
[fish]

--------------------
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 593 | From: Charlton, Sarf Lunnon | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
quote:
my grandpa was actually the president and ceo of coke for a short period of time prior to his death
Moved to Chicago so he could continue to vote! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mochrie99
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mochrie99   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mochrie99   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
[fish]

Probably bought shares in Pepsi. [Cool]

Mochrie99

Posts: 80 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Izzy Quigley
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Izzy Quigley   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
they break up
families

If coffee breaks up your family, I think you've already got problems.

--------------------
A Viennese fellow is walking along the Karntner Strasse and notices a banana peel lying in his path. "Alas," he sighs, "now I must slip and fall down!"

Posts: 506 | From: Missouri | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 104 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Cheney talks to Bush on secret interoffice intercom, claiming to be God, advising Bush on War and Taxes. Bush believes its really God.
Psihala
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Psihala   E-mail Psihala   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Cheney talks to Bush on secret interoffice intercom, claiming to be God, advising Bush on War and Taxes. Bush believes its really God.

Going the other way I can see how this might work...

~Psihala

--------------------
StealthPost™

Posts: 3020 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

The Onion strikes again!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: You know, this is a really cool site. I think that the stories on
it would make a wonderful TV show. I'd watch it. It'd be mighty amusing at
points. So...yeah. You should look into that.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 86 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I just read the article about superstitions relating to
menstruation, and it made me think of something you might find
interesting...

i had a friend who used those earth friendly, reusable diaphragm-like
inserts when she had her period. she saved the blood in jars, diluted
with water, and used that water on her plants. needless to say, she had
the healthiest most beautiful plants i had ever seen. her only advice,
when watering day comes, take your plants OUTSIDE to do it.

don't know if that will make it onto your site, but if anyone ever asks if
it truly works, you can say yes indeed.

rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 301 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: i had a friend who used those earth friendly, reusable diaphragm-like inserts when she had her period. she saved the blood in jars, diluted with water, and used that water on her plants. needless to say, she had the healthiest most beautiful plants i had ever seen.

Unfortunately, the plants developed an insatiable appetite for blood, and went "Count Dracula" on their owner. [Eek!]

Since there was no law which forbade houseplants from drinking human blood, the plants got off scot-free. They signed a movie contract, and appeared in the low-budget horror flicks Killer Houseplants!, Killer Houseplants Suck Again! and Killer Houseplants 3: Human Fertilizer!

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Icon 402 posted      Profile for Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Dr. Winston O'Boogie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rockland6674:
Unfortunately, the plants developed an insatiable appetite for blood, and went "Count Dracula" on their owner. [Eek!]

Since there was no law which forbade houseplants from drinking human blood, the plants got off scot-free. They signed a movie contract, and appeared in the low-budget horror flicks, Killer Houseplants!, Killer Houseplants Suck Again! and Killer Houseplants 3: Human Fertilizer!

Sounds like
Little Shop of Horrors

Or, was it Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

PT "Feed me, Seymour!" Vroman

PT"

--------------------
"The large print givith, and the small print taketh away" -- Tom Waits, Step Right Up

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Posts: 2443 | From: Illinois | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 504 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Due to traffic accidents involving free roaming animals such as
deer, I believe it will be worth the while to make high fences or a zoo to
hold in the free animals so humans can make their way with their own rules
that were not read by animals first.

Senior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Instead of fencing every road, why don't we teach the animals how to read so they'll know the rules?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Good idea. And we wouldn't have to teach all of them, only some; they could then tell the others.

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 217 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Four Kitties:
Good idea. And we wouldn't have to teach all of them, only some; they could then tell the others.

Every animal is equal, but some are more equal than others.

ETA: 4K, are you really for this kind of apartheid amongst our animal brethern? [fish]

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 07 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Ok, so this is kind of random, but I was over one of my friend's
on campus apartment one night and we were fooling around, having a good
time when I started to tickle her. He roommates weren't home at the time
so it was just the two of us in her room. She was screaming things like
"stop" and "no" in a not too friendly way and we both eventually realized
that someone else on her floor had to have heard her. We also realized
that it sounded a lot like she was just getting raped. We were expecting a
knock on the door at some point from either one of her neighbors or from
her RD. No one ever came.

TheBobo

Icon 86 posted      Profile for TheBobo   Author's Homepage   E-mail TheBobo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
No one ever came.

Perhaps a better form of foreplay should then be practiced. Tickling is not high on the list of getting your mate aroused even if she does like it.

--------------------
The views expressed in the above Post does not necessarily reflect those of snopes,The Infopoop Corporation,the Internet or most of society for that matter.

Posts: 2474 | From: Scranton, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: dick van dykes nickname should b willy lorry lesbian
Senior

No, it should be Arty Party Gadzooks.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
No, it should be Richie Truck Seawall.

Or Rob Petrie.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Oy vey iz mir
Deck the Malls

Icon 86 posted      Profile for Oy vey iz mir   E-mail Oy vey iz mir   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I just read the article about superstitions relating to
menstruation, and it made me think of something you might find
interesting...*snip*

These things do exist, they're called "menstrual cups". I'd heard of people using said natural fertilizer on their plants before, but I try not to think about it. Thanks a lot, comment person.

*shudder + dry heave = drudder?*

Posts: 351 | From: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages