snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » My Jesus can beat up your facts (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Jesus can beat up your facts
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 212 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shoebox:
Boy, now I feel totally guilty for letting the little guys go all stale like that...

TEH LROD cannot go stale.

Heretic.

quote:
not to mention the time my Mom accidentally packed some away with the ornaments and they liquefied in their plastic wrap, like little pepperminty Freezies.
Witchcraft! Witchcraft!

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: It is sad that people like you sit around trying to think of ways
to ruin people's views on CHRISTmas traditions. Why on earth would the
candy cane be so closely related to CHRISTmas if it had nothing to do with
CHRIST? I think that maybe, just maybe, if you focused a little less on
feeding your brain with useless knowledge (that couldn't be proven anyway
because who are you to say what the original candy-maker was thinking when
making the candy cane?)then maybe your brain might gain some realization
and tell your body to grow a heart.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 302 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
It is sad that people like you sit around trying to think of ways to ruin people's views on CHRISTmas traditions. Why on earth would the candy cane be so closely related to CHRISTmas if it had nothing to do with CHRIST?
Oh my word. That has got to be the dumbest bit of logic I've seen in a while. Because, of course, snow and Christmas trees are representive of Christ, right? And wreaths?

Good Lord.

quote:
I think that maybe, just maybe, if you focused a little less on feeding your brain with useless knowledge (that couldn't be proven anyway because who are you to say what the original candy-maker was thinking when making the candy cane?)
Insecure much? And my word, it's like they're not even reading the page.

And I would figure the more useless knowledge is the belief in an urban legend. But what do I know?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Shoebox
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shoebox   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oh my word. That has got to be the dumbest bit of logic I've seen in a while. Because, of course, snow and Christmas trees are representive of Christ, right? And wreaths?
And red-nosed reindeers, don't forget them...

--------------------
"Want you to know that if I had been there and they had of cooked you, I would not of eaten any." - Porkypine, Pogo

Posts: 71 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shoebox:
quote:
And red-nosed reindeers, don't forget them...
And how do you think he got the red nose? It's the Blood of Christ man.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 606 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Do you believe in Jesus yourselves? Because after reading all of
that jargon about candy canes not representing Jesus it just seems to me
that your trying to tear down any kind of christian symbolism. Were you
around when the candycane was invented? Then I wonder how authentic your
reliable sources truely are. The only thing that really matters is what
it means to us as individuals so you can just believe whatever you want
but I believe it to be a wonderful story and lesson that shows us Christ's
love.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 215 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Do you believe in Jesus yourselves?

Upon reading some of the e-mails that get posted in this forum, I often find myself saying, "Jesus Christ!"

Does that count?

Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 02 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Were you around when the candycane was invented? Then I wonder how authentic your reliable sources truely are.
This argument really burns me up.

You have your cites and sources, but you weren't there, so they can't be good.

I have this book from 2,000 years ago, but even though I wasn't there when it was written, God tells me it's superior to your cites and sources.

[Roll Eyes]

May the gods of logic have mercy on their souls.

--------------------

lazerus the duck
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lazerus the duck   E-mail lazerus the duck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I believe it to be a wonderful story and lesson that shows us Christ's
love.

Christ rots your teeth.

--------------------
All the world's a face, And all the men and women merely acne.

Posts: 673 | From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NorthernLite
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLite     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canuckistan:
quote:
Were you around when the candycane was invented? Then I wonder how authentic your reliable sources truely are.
This argument really burns me up.

You have your cites and sources, but you weren't there, so they can't be good.

I have this book from 2,000 years ago, but even though I wasn't there when it was written, God tells me it's superior to your cites and sources.

[Roll Eyes]

May the gods of logic have mercy on their souls.

Ah, but those would be false gods and a good Christian would have nothing to do with them.

--------------------
You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons. -Blazing Saddles

Posts: 1074 | From: High Level, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NorthernLite:
Ah, but those would be false gods and a good Christian would have nothing to do with them.

Which will make the looks on the faces of these people all the more priceless, no?

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages