snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » My Jesus can beat up your facts (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: My Jesus can beat up your facts
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Whoever wrote this is obviously anti-Christianity. It appears that he/she has searched hard to find something to disprove the
statements made in the article in question.

Around here, they're known as "facts."

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/12days.asp

Comment: This is true i have found several things on your website that you
calim to be false are infact true. The catholics wernt alowed to celebrate
this wasnt a caticism song this was a way of telling eachother (catholic
to catholic) about your lord it wasnt used to memorize it wss used to defy
keep your fact straight.!

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Darth
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why don't these nutjobs use spell check or a least look at what they wrote? Is there a nun standing over them somewhere with a ruler telling them to type faster?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Why are they even defending that "12 Days of Xmas" glurge?

Having the main tenets of your religion compared to a French Hen would be kind of insulting to me.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Teodoro
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teodoro   E-mail Teodoro   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I have to agree that these folks seem to demonstrate a marginal (at best) comprehension of a distressingly wide variety of subjects, but I wanted to remind you all that they most emphatically are not a representative sample of Christians.

i.e.
quote:
Originally posted by Darth:
Why don't these nutjobs use spell check or a least look at what they wrote? Is there a nun standing over them somewhere with a ruler telling them to type faster?

If you look in the secular threads about email Snopes receives, you'll find much the same thing. I'm afraid the key factors seem to be things like intelligence, education and computer literacy, not creed.

--------------------
The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other, milk.
- O. Nash

Posts: 185 | From: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rotten little boys

Ten lords a leaping represents what Christian value?
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rotten little boys:
Ten lords a leaping represents what Christian value?

Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's our Lord Jesus Christ!

Faster than a speeding bullet...more powerful than a runaway locomotive...able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

[Razz]

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/military/flagfold.htm

Comment: to assume makes an ass out of both you and me.

OUR FOUUNDING FATHERS DID NOT GUESS OR SIT AROUND A COFFIE TABLE AND
CONCOCT THE CONSTITUTION OR SAY THE BILL OF RIGHTS OR POSSIBBILY HOW ONE
PAYS RESPECT FOR ONE WHO GIVES HIS OR HER LIFE FOR SO OTHERS MAY FIND
COMFORT UNDER THE BLANKET FREEDOM.

I ASK YOU AT WHAT RISK DID THESE MEN NOT ONLY PLACE ON THEIR OWN LIVES BUT
ALSO THE LIVES OF THEIR FAMLIES AND ALL ALL THEY OWNED(DO A LITTLE
HOMEWORK).

SIR THE FACTS ARE CORRECT ABOUT EACH OF THE THIRTEEN FOLDS AND THE
CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES THAT RESONATE WITH PROFOUND IMPACT TO ANYONE WITH
BASIC COMMON SENSE.

THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING! EDMUND BURKE.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Did anyone else get the feeling that this comment was created when that son of spam guy took on the focus on the family website?

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
OUR FOUUNDING FATHERS DID NOT GUESS OR SIT AROUND A COFFIE TABLE AND
CONCOCT THE CONSTITUTION OR SAY THE BILL OF RIGHTS OR POSSIBBILY HOW ONE
PAYS RESPECT FOR ONE WHO GIVES HIS OR HER LIFE FOR SO OTHERS MAY FIND
COMFORT UNDER THE BLANKET FREEDOM. I ASK YOU AT WHAT RISK DID THESE MEN NOT ONLY PLACE ON THEIR OWN LIVES BUT
ALSO THE LIVES OF THEIR FAMLIES AND ALL ALL THEY OWNED(DO A LITTLE
HOMEWORK).

I'd say the men who drafted the Constitution did so at no risk to their own lives or the lives of their families. The colonies had already declared independence and won the Revolutionary War several years earlier, so it's not like creating the charter for a federal government was a dangerously treasonable act at that point.

(DO A LITTLE HOMEWORK)

- snopes

Mickey Blue
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mickey Blue     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
In my opinion, you
are like everyone else in trying to destroy the true meaning of Christmas.

You mean the pagan holiday? Tell me about it, for the past 2000 years or so people have been trying to destroy its true meaning, I'm glad for one we have a supporter.

--------------------
"All people are responsible for the good that they didn't do"

Posts: 4774 | From: Virginia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Noemi

Icon 82 posted      Profile for Noemi   E-mail Noemi   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't know, they may be looking at the heathen holiday which is a bit different yet. [Wink]

Noemi

--------------------
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
My blog, no guarantees about witty or intelligent content. My current projects.
Coveted Beads <---- our eBay store, new items being added somewhat regularly

Posts: 8418 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 107 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/hurricane.asp

Comment: You might want to do a little fact checking yourself the "prince of the power of the AIR" (Ephes. 2:2) is SATAN not God So it was Satan who sent those hurricanes not God put the blame where it belongs and you can extrapilate your own conclussions from there also FYI those hurricanes came from formations in the middle east

Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, ye of little faith.

Since God made Satan, and is in full control of everything, this guy is right, and God DID send the hurricanes.

But, as al Queda has a foothold in the Middle East, perhaps it was bin Laden that sent them... as an agent of God.

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kivrin

Icon 215 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/hurricane.asp

Comment: You might want to do a little fact checking yourself the "prince of the power of the AIR" (Ephes. 2:2) is SATAN not God So it was Satan who sent those hurricanes not God put the blame where it belongs and you can extrapilate your own conclussions from there also FYI those hurricanes came from formations in the middle east

Who Loves Ya Baby?
 -

Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Buddy Christ. Making the Christian faith a little less depressing for the open-minded since *insert date of Dogma's release here*

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
kmcm
We Three Blings

Icon 106 posted      Profile for kmcm   Author's Homepage   E-mail kmcm   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
and you can extrapilate your own conclussions from there also FYI those hurricanes came from formations in the middle east

Is a conclussion anything remotely like a concussion?

--------------------
Of course this land is dangerous! All of the animals are capably murderous. Especially the penguins.

i'm a figment of my own imagination, sometimes i don't exist

Posts: 1099 | From: Kitsap County, WA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BringTheNoise
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BringTheNoise   Author's Homepage   E-mail BringTheNoise   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
Buddy Christ. Making the Christian faith a little less depressing for the open-minded since *insert date of Dogma's release here*

--------------------
"The United States Government: significantly less cruel and sadistic than the Taliban." - Dara

Posts: 1289 | From: Aberdeen University, Aberdeen, UK | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mitochondrial Steve
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitochondrial Steve   E-mail Mitochondrial Steve   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BringTheNoise:
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:

Has it been so long since Linda Fiorentino didn't get naked in a movie?

--------------------
"America can, should, must and will blow up the moon."

Posts: 392 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kmcm:
quote:
and you can extrapilate your own conclussions from there also FYI those hurricanes came from formations in the middle east

Is a conclussion anything remotely like a concussion?
And what does an extra Pilate have to do with it?

Nonny "washing my spare set of hands" Mouse

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 215 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: In reference to the Candy Cane Legend. In these trying times
anything that brings or reminds a soul to Christ should be left a legend.
No matter how many books are written in reference the truth of how or why
the candy cane was made or how or why it got it's stripes proves nothing,
BECAUSE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS THE TRUTH IS THE MAKER OF THE CANDY CANE
WITH THE STRIPES AND HIS CREATOR. MAY GOD BLESS HIS OR HER SOUL FOR MAKING
THAT FIRST STRIPPED CANDY CANE, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR INTENTIONS; BECAUSE
GOD USED IT FOR HIS PURPOSE, SO HE MUST HAVE GIVEN THEM THE DEVINE
INTERVENTION FOR SUCH AN IDEA. GOD BLESS ALL WHO THINKS OF CHRIST AND HIS
SACRIFICE FOR ALL MANKIND WHEN THEY LOOK UPON THAT SIMPLE LITTLE CANDY
CANE. TRUE OR NOT TELL YOUR CHILDREN THE LEGEND, IT MAY SAVE THEIR SOUL
ONE DAY!

nerdymcnerd
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nerdymcnerd   E-mail nerdymcnerd   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So, in other words, screw the truth, if a story mentions Jeevus, it might save your baby's soul? Actually I think candy canes are a choking danger for small children. Jeevus is trying to kill your babies!!

--------------------
Skunks hate the sound of industry.

Posts: 2723 | From: Geneva, Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
MAY GOD BLESS HIS OR HER SOUL FOR MAKING
THAT FIRST STRIPPED CANDY CANE,

So what would that be? A cane that's just white?
Just red? Has no peppermint taste?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 23 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
quote:
MAY GOD BLESS HIS OR HER SOUL FOR MAKING
THAT FIRST STRIPPED CANDY CANE,

So what would that be? A cane that's just white?
Just red? Has no peppermint taste?

No cellophane wrapper.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AblazeSheLiveth

Is a stripped candy cane approproate for children?
ranran yousei

quote:
BECAUSE GOD USED IT FOR HIS PURPOSE
[Confused]

Do I want to know?

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 600 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: About the article of 26 guards under "Glurge" you obviously don't
know the power of prayer!

Floater
Xboxing Day

Icon 102 posted      Profile for Floater   Author's Homepage   E-mail Floater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pray tell me all about it!

--------------------
Små hönor skall inte lägga stora ägg för då blir de slarviga i ändan

Posts: 1334 | From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I know the power of prayer doesn't work, because stupid glurgy things keep getting sent to my email, regardless.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ASL
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASL   E-mail ASL   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Whoever wrote this is obviously anti-Christianity. It appears that he/she has searched hard to find something to disprove the
statements made in the article in question.

Around here, they're known as "facts."

- snopes

Pssh! You can use "facts" to prove anything that's evem remotely true, and it will only "prove it" to a select few that we Good Christians like to call "reasonable people." But the good Lord Jeevus, howver, is so much more powerful: the mention of His name alone is enough to prove ANYTHING to most people, especially True Christians (TM) without concern for such small, earthly matters as truth and the laws of physics..

--------------------
"Dear Lord, please protect this rockethouse and all who dwell within..."

Posts: 1093 | From: Japan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 212 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear snopes.com,

You are big fat stupid heads Santa Claus is real. He wasn't made by the
Coke Company. He's Saint Nick and Saint Nick is in the bible.

Senior

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Pray tell, in which Biblical book is the story of Saint Nick? I'm unable to recall any mention of him in the Bible. Is he related to Balaam's Ass?

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I would like to know where Saint Nick comes in in the Bible as well. Maybe they're thinking of one of those other guys that's always depicted with a long white beard?

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
albuqwirkymom
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for albuqwirkymom   E-mail albuqwirkymom       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Right. St. Nick brought the 10 commandments to good little boys and girls. Cecil B. DeMille made a movie about it.

--------------------
I never know how much of what I say is true. - Bette Middler

Posts: 84 | From: Albuquerque, NM | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish

Santa is in the Bible! If you've ever been to a religious shop, you'd see this thing every year:

-

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Senior:
Is he related to Balaam's Ass?

Who, Saint Nick or the e-mailer?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages