snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Try http://www.snopes.com/helpdesk (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Try http://www.snopes.com/helpdesk
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Why can't I access my Hotmail account? it gives me an error ...law5 or
something of this sort. Does it have anything to do Windows 2000?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cool Hand Luke
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Gee snopes, maybe you should send a bill to Bill Gates for serving as his e-mail depository.

Cool "ULRP - a division of Microsoft®" Hand Luke

------------------
There are no innocent bystanders in hell.
-Hawkeye Pierce

[This message has been edited by Cool Hand Luke (edited 01-24-2001).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Newell

Didn't I read about this guy trying to send a fax by holding the paper to the monitor and pressing send? At least he was smart enough to send an e-mail to you.
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Newell:
Didn't I read about this guy trying to send a fax by holding the paper to the monitor and pressing send? At least he was smart enough to send an e-mail to you.

Hmm -- a Newell post....

Nonny

------------------
www.geocities.com/ncmcphee

Into the Fire by Norma McPhee coming really, really soon from LTDBooks

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DataAngel
Xboxing Day

Icon 37 posted      Profile for DataAngel   Author's Homepage   E-mail DataAngel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nonny Mouse:
Hmm -- a Newell post....
Nonny

DataAngel sighs softly and shuffles off to the break room for moist paper towels to clean her monitor off.

Thanks, Nonny

Posts: 1272 | From: Delusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chunkymunky

I think I can sum up this e mail with one smiley:

DizzyLizard

Actually, Chunky, I'd say that is actually 6 smilies!

Dizzy " Dag Nabbit! I've always wanted to use that one, and someone else beat me to it!" Lizard

------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: We need help with unsubscribing to Earthlink. We never did
actually susbscribe to it, but it keeps interfering with our emails and
our attachments.

Please tell us how we can eliminate it from our internet on our computer.

Actually, it does not appear on our computer programs, but it keeps
popping up!!!

If we have been charged for Earthlink at all, we need a refund
immediately.

Please help us get get released from Earthlink.

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 106 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: Please help us get get released from Earthlink.

"Pleeeeease release me, let me gooooo..."
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
WildaBeast
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildaBeast   E-mail WildaBeast   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nonny Mouse:
quote:
Originally posted by Newell:

Hmm -- a Newell post....

Nonny

I don't know if anyone can rememeber something from nearly five years ago, but if you can, what did Nonny mean by this? Was this Newell person well known for that sort of humor?

I need a ULMB history lesson.

--------------------
"Unseasonable is an odd word to begin with. It sounds like it's describing something that it's impossible to sprinkle pepper on." -- Nonny

Posts: 5483 | From: Just south of Folsom Prison, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
It has nothing to do with the guy's posting style, WildaBeast. A newel post is the end bit of a staircase banister, useful for hanging coats on when one is too lazy to put them in the closet.

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 37 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: In windows 2000 profesional the desktop icons auto hiding ,I
think it is a virus attach but I not found any virus in avj7.1,symantec
corporate edition 9.

please help me

Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Please tell us how we can eliminate it from our internet on our computer.

Wow. You have an entire internet.... on your computer? Wow. I can only access the internet everyone else is using.

idiots.

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 19 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Where are the voting buttons that turn something from false to true?
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christmas Bills Dinging:
quote:
Comment: Please tell us how we can eliminate it from our internet on our computer.

Wow. You have an entire internet.... on your computer? Wow. I can only access the internet everyone else is using.

idiots.

You mean the web? The internet is the hardware that lets you access the web, but most people use the terms interchangably [Wink]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?
Carol of the Dells

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NocturnalGoddess- naughty or nice?     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

If only life worked out that way...

ETA:
Chocolate and Icecream make you fat- I vote to make this false
I am the world's richest woman- I vote to make this true

If anyone ever finds life's voting buttons, let me know [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, EVIL stuff... and I want in."- Homer Simpson

Posts: 2161 | From: Delaware | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rockland6674
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockland6674         Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Look in the phone book under "politicians".
Posts: 934 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 603 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was wondering how to catch and report a hacker. he calls
himself the shadow and has hacked my brothers xbox site 3 times now.

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I clicked on what I thought would put a small icon on my desktop.
What I got is a large logo. It neither connects with the web or responds
to anything I do. Please help me remove it entirely from my desktop or
reduce its size to a logo that is linked to your site.

GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Click Start... Run. Type in command.

Then type Format C:\

This will remove this large image from your computer.

*Not liable for any results of following this "advice".

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: We need help with unsubscribing to Earthlink. We never did
actually susbscribe to it, but it keeps interfering with our emails and
our attachments.

I bet their ISP is Earthlink...

And they don't like Earthlink's spam filtering.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: My daughter wanted to place a shortcut of SNOPES on our computer
desktop. She right clicked on your website logo and thought that "set as
a desktop item" was going to do the trick. Now she has this white box
with your logo on the desktop that does absolutely nothing but take up
space. How do we get rid of it?

Doug4.7
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug4.7   E-mail Doug4.7   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Just use white-out. Duh.

--------------------
And now for something completely different...

Posts: 4164 | From: Alabama | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Canuckistan
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
My daughter wanted to place a shortcut of SNOPES on our computer desktop. She right clicked on your website logo and thought that "set as a desktop item" was going to do the trick. Now she has this white box with your logo on the desktop that does absolutely nothing but take up space. How do we get rid of it?
But if you get rid of it, how else is snopes supposed to watch you?

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: Where does one get the software for snopes ?
Squoval
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 603 posted      Profile for Squoval   Author's Homepage   E-mail Squoval   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
From Apple.

--------------------
I can't believe it's not Square!

Posts: 3147 | From: W-S, North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Robofication, Lightly Roasted
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robofication, Lightly Roasted     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lesseee....

Apache, MySQL, PHP4 or 5, and perhaps PHPMyAdmin and a couple routers.

Considering the bandwith Snopes gets, I'd add on a couple server racks too.

Run it all with Gentooooooooooooooooo.......Linux.

--------------------
"As convenient as it may be, it's time I started taking responsibility for the messes I've created instead of always blaming everything on the law of entropy"

Posts: 453 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I created a shortcut on my Desktop for Snopes. When I tried to
use it, "Snopes.com" popped-up to cover half of my Desktop and cannot be
changed or used or deleted, even if I restart, it comes back! How do I
change it to just another shortcut on my Desktop?

Canuckistan

Icon 215 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But why would we want to change that? You've truly achieved nirvana.

--------------------
People need to stop appropriating Jesus as their reason for behaving badly. It's so irritating. (Avril)

Posts: 8429 | From: New York run by the Swiss (Toronto) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Comment: I have a problem with a "BULLS EYE NETWORK TO SUPPORT
YUBILEE MESSENGER BY MICROSOFT. It locks my computer up
when it appears, and I have tried and tried to delete it
and keep it from coming up. I do have a "POP-UP" installed, but it does
not stop it.

Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
You installed a "POP-UP", there's your problem right there. Now, you'll have to install a "BLOCKER", then install a "BRAIN" just in case.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I am getting hundreds of emails from ..... Majordomos@griefnet.org
I cannot find this anywhere ........ can you help me???

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 607 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I hit the wrong key & now Snopes icon covers my entire desktop. Can you help?
Canuckistan

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Canuckistan   E-mail Canuckistan   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I hit the wrong key & now Snopes icon covers my entire desktop. Can you help?

Yep. If you buy the T-shirt, the snopes icon will cover your upper body as well.

--------------------

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 98 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I hit the wrong key & now Snopes icon covers my entire desktop. Can you help?
Dear Coca-Cola:

I accidentally spilled a glass of soda into my DVD player, and now it doesn't work. Can you help?

- snopes

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages