snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Non-UL Chat » We've Got Mail! » Thanks, I think (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Thanks, I think
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 108 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I didn't see anything yet, but this was a very good idea.
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sister Ray
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Sister Ray   Author's Homepage   E-mail Sister Ray   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
When you see it it'll be even better.

Sister "who writes these?" Ray

Posts: 2719 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kamin
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
"This" being the idea of an urban legend page or the email addy that you can send comments to?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 601 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: i read about your website in FHM magazines "top 100 websites"
list. they classed it as a "10 minute waster".but my 1st time here i spent
4 non stop hrs on it. my favourite bit was finally finding out that there
isnt a ghost in 3 men and a little baby!! keep up the good work

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 301 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks a lot! You made me cry in the Glurge Gallery. You made me
scaried in the Horror Myths section. I love your webstie!!!

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 16 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT SNOPES THRU A GIRLFRIEND...AND I LOVE
IT....ESPECIALLY THE BREAST DISEASES

abbubmah
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 16 posted      Profile for abbubmah   E-mail abbubmah   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT SNOPES THRU A GIRLFRIEND...AND I LOVE
IT....ESPECIALLY THE BREAST DISEASES

yeah, snopes, thanks for the mammaries!
Posts: 7942 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BCE

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I love your webstie!!!
Thanks, do you think it matches my webspants and my websshoes?

BCE

snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 207 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Shalom!
Greetings in His mighty name of Israel.
Iam yourbelovedbrother Pastor.Y.devadas of India.
I appreciate your your messages.Please send your messages and good
literature.Iam waiting foryourkind reply.

We do pray for you,for all the saints with you.
Please prayfor me,for His wonderful work here.
Thanking you very much
your beloved brother in Messiah Jesus.
Y.Devadas.

Red Squirrel
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Red Squirrel   E-mail Red Squirrel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That one just sounds like a piss take to me!

--------------------
The Sqizzle formally known as Lexi

Posts: 3231 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LittleDuck
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 301 posted      Profile for LittleDuck   E-mail LittleDuck   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Uh huh...and how long have you had this problem? How many religions can you find reference to in this post?

Little "or is it just me" Duck

--------------------
"Silly customer, you cannot hurt a Twinkie." -Apu (The Simpsons)

Posts: 2026 | From: 10 miles South of Boston | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
doughgirl

quote:
Iam yourbelovedbrother Pastor.Y.devadas of India.

I may have a lot of brothers but you're not one of them.
DataAngel
Xboxing Day

Icon 98 posted      Profile for DataAngel   Author's Homepage   E-mail DataAngel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hambubba, fresh and shiny jobseeker:
yeah, snopes, thanks for the mammaries!

Ow. Mint tea+out+nose=ow.

--------------------
Me: So you’re saying Lucas is really an Ewok and was projecting his own ideas of god onto Anthony Daniels in a plastic hat.

E: Sure, if it will end this conversation, yes.

Posts: 1272 | From: Delusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wizard of Yendor
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Wizard of Yendor   E-mail Wizard of Yendor   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I love your webstie!!!

I hope they weren't trying to call it a websty, that wouldn't be very nice.
Posts: 2352 | From: California | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 22 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thanks a million for such a beautifully organized and researched
website. You do, if I may helpfully say so, need to edit your prose for
greater brevity and concision.

Broman

quote:

Is it just me or does concision have something to do with circumcision....

-Broman

resELution

Icon 01 posted      Profile for resELution   E-mail resELution   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Translation: Yes, we want Snopes to be more breif and consise... but we ramble on and on and on and on ourselves...

This character, if I may helpfully say so, shouldn't be the one to talk. [Roll Eyes]

resE"Grammer Police! WirrrWirrrWirrr"Lution

Posts: 2286 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 213 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I love your webstie!!!

Since when did snopes keep pigs?

Or maybe he/she's saying that the website's a little cluttered and needs cleaning.

- Pseudo "will you look at this mess?" Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 04 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Barbara,

You are my hero. I have become your disciple. Wherever falsehood raises
its ugly head, I draw the Sword of Truth from snopes and strike back.

You have empowered us against the facile false forward, the unholy
unchecked untruth, the loosely launched legends.

I am in awe of you and your work.

The One True Marc

Behold! The Temple of the Mighty Bar-Bara! All bow down in humble adoration of Her greatness! The faithful shall be rewarded with eternal UL's, those failing to worship shall be subjected to glurge!

M"Human sacrifices to begin with Dawn"arc

Sparvid

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 01 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I draw the Sword of Truth from snopes

So then the rest of the time you go around with the Sword of Truth protruding from your back? Doesn't that hurt?

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ivy Bekket

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Dear Barbara,

You are my hero. I have become your disciple. Wherever falsehood raises
its ugly head, I draw the Sword of Truth from snopes and strike back.

You have empowered us against the facile false forward, the unholy
unchecked untruth, the loosely launched legends.

I am in awe of you and your work.

We should set this person to taking care of the stacks of idiotmail snopes gets. or invite her to the message board. she'd make a great addition.

Ivy "Not-So Enthusiastic Disciple of Barbara" Bekket

Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop
Once in Royal Circuit City

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Nonny Mouse, on Santa's laptop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by surfin' chillas:
quote:

So then the rest of the time you go around with the Sword of Truth protruding from your back? Doesn't that hurt?
I don't think that's where the Sword protrudes from....

Nonny

--------------------
When there isn't anything else worth analyzing, we examine our collective navel. I found thirty-six cents in change in mine the other day. Let no one say that there is no profit in philosophy. -- Silas Sparkhammer

Posts: 10141 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Warlok
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Warlok     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nonny Mouse with Walls of Ice Cream:
quote:
Originally posted by surfin' chillas:
quote:

I don't think that's where the Sword protrudes from....

Nonny

If that's the case, I think the drawing from part could be a little more dicey, and I'm not sure the grear Bar-bara would like anyone else meesing with the great weapon of virtue.

Warlok

--------------------
Inconceivable

Posts: 2755 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 02 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: when i first went to the site i thought i would see some very
silly remarks. I was suprised. your site was was itelligent and well
informed. Keep it up.

Midgard_Dragon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Thanks a lot! You made me cry in the Glurge Gallery. You made me
scaried in the Horror Myths section. I love your webstie!!!

Everyone's missing the point here.

This loon *cried* in the Glurge Gallery. Unless they're crying tears of pain, that is just hilarious. ^^

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
James G.
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James G.   Author's Homepage   E-mail James G.   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Or tears of laughter. Some glurge is 'so bad its good'

--------------------
This is a public service announcement. The board is moving. Check Announcements Photos[/URL]

Posts: 1302 | From: Edinburgh, UK (Currently Nr. Swindon, UK) | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 502 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: Thank you for the Mr. Ed "Lost Legend". I have spent 20 minutes
in a place I haven't been since Grandpa explained how they found me in a
pumpkin patch instead of actually being born.

From the first, initial, tiny mental "huh?" to the mental screeching
banshee of a "BULL****!!!!!" all the way to the whimpering silent
"Everything I know is wrong", I was relieved beyond belief that I still
had the wits to click on the 'More Information' page. Had I not been able
to do that, I would, instead of writing you, been found here at my
computer, a slobbering, gibbering mass of tortured, twisted humanity,
unrepairable and needing many fresh towels.

What a rush! Cool! Thanks!

Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
...a slobbering, gibbering mass of tortured, twisted humanity, unrepairable and needing many fresh towels.

We're glad to have relieved you of a need for towels. You'll have to work on the remaining problems yourself.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: I didn't see anything yet, but this was a very good idea.

The trick is to look *past* the site and let your eyes go slightly out of focus. Then you'll see it.

No?

Don't feel bad ... I never could get those blasted things to work for me either ...

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TallGeekyGirl
O Read, O Read, The Manual

Icon 216 posted      Profile for TallGeekyGirl   Author's Homepage   E-mail TallGeekyGirl   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Comment: Thank you for the Mr. Ed "Lost Legend". I have spent 20 minutes
in a place I haven't been since Grandpa explained how they found me in a
pumpkin patch instead of actually being born.

From the first, initial, tiny mental "huh?" to the mental screeching
banshee of a "BULL****!!!!!" all the way to the whimpering silent
"Everything I know is wrong", I was relieved beyond belief that I still
had the wits to click on the 'More Information' page. Had I not been able
to do that, I would, instead of writing you, been found here at my
computer, a slobbering, gibbering mass of tortured, twisted humanity,
unrepairable and needing many fresh towels.

What a rush! Cool! Thanks!

Wow ... a practical joke about Mr. Ed bein a zebra has shattered the sanity of this poor fellow like some unnamed schmoe in a Lovecraft story.

[BillCurtis]Snopes.com ... informative website or Cthulhu mythos tome in electronic form? We will examine that issue tonight on Investigative Reports.[/BillCurtis]

--------------------
See, if I tell you about it, it won't be a mystery. It'll just be a fact, an ugly, moist fact, squatting on your brain like an octopus. And you don't want an octopus squatting on your brain, do you, son? -- Stan Smith, American Dad

Posts: 980 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dareyawes
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Dareyawes     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Comment: [snip] From the first, initial, tiny mental "huh?" to the mental screeching banshee of a "BULL****!!!!!" all the way to the whimpering silent "Everything I know is wrong" [/snip]

That's pretty much how I felt when I first realized that Daisy Duke was wearing panty-hose, not sporting a natural tan. Ah, the blissful ignorance of youth and poor television reception...

I consider that day the last day of my childhood.

Where, oh where, was the comfort of snopes when I needed it?!

--------------------
Bediffled: adj. to be in such a state of confusion that you are unable to remember any real words that mean: to be in a state of confusion. bediffle, bedifflement, bediffling

Posts: 152 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Senior
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Senior   E-mail Senior       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dareyawes:
That's pretty much how I felt when I first realized that Daisy Duke was wearing panty-hose, not sporting a natural tan. Ah, the blissful ignorance of youth and poor television reception...

I know just how you feel. I was heartbroken when I discovered that Burt Reynolds wore a toupee.

--------------------
Ad astra per asparagus.

Posts: 4806 | From: Groton, CT | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Signora Del Drago
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 06 posted      Profile for Signora Del Drago     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Senior:
quote:
Originally posted by Dareyawes:

I know just how you feel. I was heartbroken when I discovered that Burt Reynolds wore a toupee.
As was I when I found out my idol had feet of clay. [Frown]

--------------------
"This air we're breathing. Oxygen, isn't it?"~I’mNotDedalus, impersonating Vincent D’Onofrio.|"Sometimes trying to communicate can be like walking through a minefield."~wanderwoman
"Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life."~Joshua Halberstam

Posts: 4020 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages