snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » What a croc!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What a croc!
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 500 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Just for the record, I don't usually beleive anything I see on ebaumsworld, but this is pretty huge!

Any word or the origin? I would think that if the captioning was true, it would have been all over the US news!

[Eek!]

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 500 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Hm, it might help if you included a link...

Possible-croc-a-chow?

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Four Kitties
Layaway in a Manger

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Four Kitties   E-mail Four Kitties   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I've seen the ebaumsworld link, and Tootsie's chow is right on.

Four Kitties

--------------------
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Posts: 13275 | From: Kindergarten World, Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
peculiar hailstone
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peculiar hailstone   E-mail peculiar hailstone   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
off topic, but can someone enlighten me to these "chow" references I keep coming across? I don't spend enought time on message boards to have figured this one out yet. Thanks

--------------------
my wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday...

Posts: 121 | From: St. Catharines, Ontario | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Seaboe Muffinchucker
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 206 posted      Profile for Seaboe Muffinchucker     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
A chow is an indication that the topic is duplicative.

Seaboe

--------------------
Education is not the filling of a hard drive, but the lighting of a bulb. -- Yeats via Esprise Me

Posts: 5562 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 303 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
See DarkDan's helpful page for origin and usage of bookachow and other snopes-peculiar terms.

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DemonWolf

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tootsie Plunkettios:
Hm, it might help if you included a link...

Possible-croc-a-chow?

I could have sworn that I posted the link in there... [Confused]

Yes, those are the pics in the chow. As I said, I was pretty sure that if it was found in NO I'd have heard about it before reading Ebaum.

That thing'll make a lot of boots...

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mamabear
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I knew it wasn't real. Crocodiles don't live in Louisiana, Aligators do. [Eek!]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The American crocodiles native to the U.S. are found only in the very southern tip of Florida. There wouldn't be any elsewhere, unless they escaped from a zoo or private collection.

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages