snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Washington, D.C. coffins

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Washington, D.C. coffins
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 81 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post 
Comment: This is circulating through our school district and I cannot find
it's origin. Is this an actual photo of an actual event in
Washington, DC? The person who is linking this photo to school
websites is notorious for doctoring images for political purposes.

http://bin.lps.org/manila/mbaker/Iraqcoffins.jpg

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
KennRice
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KennRice   Author's Homepage   E-mail KennRice   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
My wife and I have lived in the DC area for almost 30 years. We do not recall such an exhibition ocurring on the Mall, but we don't know everything that happens over there. There is a tower crane behind the Washington Monument, so that dates the pictures to roughly the last three decades. There have been several wars during that time period, and the event could relate to any of them. The organizers of the event would have needed a permit from the Park Service, so that's one possible source of verification.

Ken

Posts: 140 | From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JFB
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JFB   E-mail JFB   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
AP photo of an October 2004 protest.

Prop coffins representing real ones.

Posts: 472 | From: Brooklyn | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages