snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Possible Implant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Implant?
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 05 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I ran across a conspiracy theorist website that has this picture of a CT Scan that purports to be a "surgical implant".

To me, the more astounding thing is all the fillings and caps.

Is this thing POSSIBLY organic or Photoshopped or what?

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Where is the implant supposed to be? All my eye is drawn to are the horribly bad teeth.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
JP.
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP.     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Chin implant ? Kinda looks like some silly puddy.

--------------------
So I tried to be invisible. It's surprisingly possible.

Posts: 142 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
No, the thingy sticking out of his throat below his jaw and above his Adam's Apple. (is that capitalized??)

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
picunurse
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for picunurse         Edit/Delete post 
That "thingy" in the person's throat is a normal structure, the hyoid bone Picture
Posts: 6 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Astra
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astra     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Heh, I was looking for something foreign. I saw the hyoid and disregarded it since I recognized it as a normal bone. Little tiny thing, tends to fracture in strangulation cases.

Geez, at least they could have found an x-ray of someone with a pin in their back or something more interesting.

--------------------
This has been yet another... USELESS POST.

Posts: 6105 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by picunurse:
That "thingy" in the person's throat is a normal structure, the hyoid bone Picture

That's what "they" want you to think!

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wolfs Bane
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfs Bane   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wolfs Bane   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I really didn't see anything but that's also just me.

WB

--------------------
My heat belongs to the moon

I am the hunter.... I am the pray

Posts: 52 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:

Oh great- God has implanted us all! I knew he was up to something... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ovalescent
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ovalescent   Author's Homepage   E-mail Ovalescent   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
Oh great- God has implanted us all! I knew he was up to something... [Roll Eyes]

Shush! Don't say that!

Someone's probably already started working on a "God is My Shadow Government" glurge, thanks to you!

--------------------
"You're all suffering from trauma because it was so boring in the womb!"

Posts: 837 | From: Now LIVE from Arkansas! | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
bufungla
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 22 posted      Profile for bufungla   Author's Homepage   E-mail bufungla   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It makes a bit more sense if you read the associated web page.

Harold Holt was an Australian Prime Minister who mysteriously vanished in 1967 while swimming. Imagine the conspiracy theories there would be if Kennedy has simply vanished instead of being shot (though assuming you've been given an 'implant' because "they" know you know "the truth" is way out in tinfoil hat land)

buf 'forget the implant - go with the thorazine' ungla

--------------------
"Pardon him. Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature."

George Bernard Shaw, Caesar and Cleopatra

Posts: 4847 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mama Duck
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 202 posted      Profile for Mama Duck     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by bufungla:
Buf 'forget the implant - go with the thorazine' ungla

I'd go with Haldol.

--------------------
There is no interpersonal problem so big that it can't be solved with a suitably large amount of high explosives. ~ Bufungla

Posts: 3562 | From: South Texas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GenYus
Away in a Manager's Special

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenYus   E-mail GenYus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
the reader should also question as to why there's almost a 90 degrees elbow joint at the top of the trachea -- ?
Isn't that bend so that food and drink won't be swallowed into your lungs?

--------------------
IIRC, it wasn't the shoe bomber's loud prayers that sparked the takedown by the other passengers; it was that he was trying to light his shoe on fire. Very, very different. Canuckistan

Posts: 3694 | From: Arizona | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ulkomaalainen
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulkomaalainen     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Re Astra: these would be bad teeth all right, but you'd probably not notice if the guy had a good dentist and you met him (the guy, not the dentist). And teeth like that are not uncommon, they're unfortunately running right through my family, myself included (but looking okay to others).

--------------------
Movie characters never make typing mistakes.

Posts: 586 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 27 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TuFurg:
quote:

God's just implanted the men. Think about it - what the fudge is the Adam's Apple used for? If it's crucial for humans, then why don't the females of the species have them as well? It's ISN'T important in the "evolving as a species" thing. Because it's used to TRACK ALL THE MEN OF THE WORLD!!!!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages