snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Find the man in the coffee beans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Find the man in the coffee beans
mrs.hi-c clown fishies
Happy Holly Days

Icon 212 posted      Profile for mrs.hi-c clown fishies     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Supposedly there's a man in these beans--can you find him?

Here's a link to the picture--many apologies for where it takes you!

linkie

--------------------
This song has no title...just words and a tune.

Instant Hi-C--Just add water...

Posts: 1620 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ah, there he is.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter
Raiders of the Lost Shark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ha! Found him, and it took about 18 seconds. The right side of my brain is normal, I guess.

LtCol "don't know about the left side" Carter

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It's definitely there. Like the text says, once you see it, you can't believe you had to hunt for it as it totally jumps out at you...

Scroll down for spoiler:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:
SPOILER:

Bottom LH corner, about 1/3 of the way over toward the right.

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Strawberries 'n Sugar
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strawberries 'n Sugar   E-mail Strawberries 'n Sugar   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
creepy!

--------------------
I made it!
-Me

Posts: 298 | From: Eau Claire, WI; formerly Bloomington, MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mad Jay
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mad Jay     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Found it in 2 secs...only because I have seen this before [lol]

--------------------
Nico Sasha
In between my father's fields;And the citadels of the rule; Lies a no-man's land which I must cross; To find my stolen jewel.

Posts: 4912 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Remarkgullabull
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Remarkgullabull     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Took me about 2 seconds as well. ::Shrug::

--------------------
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posts: 1961 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Geeto67
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geeto67   E-mail Geeto67   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
so is this really a test of brain function or another time waster to make you feel insecure about yourself?
Posts: 163 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
HollowMan
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HollowMan     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Probably another time waster. From what I'm learning in Psych, it is true that the right brain processes more visual information as opposed to verbal info, i.e. pictures versus words. However, I think it would take much more than looking at this one picture to measue the abilites of the right side of ones brain.

--------------------
Heisenberg may have slept here.

I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about.

Posts: 291 | From: Greenville, SC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler. Possible caffinated spoiler.

I kept looking for the picture within the picture (where the beans made the man), so it took me almost 30 seconds. I found a lot of little coffee bean men before I actually found the actual guy. [Smile]

So does that make me more creative, or not?

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LtColCarter
Raiders of the Lost Shark

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LtColCarter     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Considering the website it was found on, I was looking for the picture within the picture also, except I was trying to see a silhouette of Jesus. [Roll Eyes] When I saw the actual guy, it kind of startled me a little bit!

--------------------
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

Posts: 1544 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Took about five seconds...but the most important thing- I'm pretty sure the pic is real. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
blauenaugen
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
In my psych class on amnesia, we learned about a very specific type of amnesia where people can't tell faces apart from objects. This is known as "prosopagnosia" according to http://www.thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/a/a_07/a_07_p/a_07_p_oub/a_07_p_oub.htm . In my class, we saw pictures that had faces made up of vegetables, as well as a painting with boulders that formed faces. People with normally-functioning brains can see both the faces and the objects, but people with the amnesia can only see the faces or the objects, depending on the type of problem they have. Very strange.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
peculiar hailstone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peculiar hailstone   E-mail peculiar hailstone   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
that's toally photoshopped. There's no way there's coffee beans as big as a head.

--------------------
my wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday...

Posts: 121 | From: St. Catharines, Ontario | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ang
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ang   E-mail Ang   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I thought this was going to be one of those things that you look at it for a bit and the screen changes really quick to show a man... for some reason, those startle me so it took me forever to look at to try to find a person... After a bit I was convinced nothing was going to 'jump out' and I finally looked and found him [Smile]

--------------------
"All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much"-George Harrison

Posts: 90 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Waffles (e.g., the Back button on the browser does nasty things [fish] )
Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

quote:
Originally posted by Ang:
I thought this was going to be one of those things that you look at it for a bit and the screen changes really quick to show a man...

Me too, at first. The first think I did was check the properties of the pic. Once I found it was a jpg, I no longer had to worry about that (to my knowledge, there's no way to have a jpg "jump out" at you)

-Tim

Boots - no longer muffin with honey
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boots - no longer muffin with honey   Author's Homepage   E-mail Boots - no longer muffin with honey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
waffles

--------------------
Come on! Ninja kick the damn rabbit!

Posts: 273 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Boots - no longer muffin with honey
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boots - no longer muffin with honey   Author's Homepage   E-mail Boots - no longer muffin with honey   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
[qb] I thought this was going to be one of those things that you look at it for a bit and the screen changes really quick to show a man...

quote:
Originally posted by Rehcsif Mit:
Me too
-Tim

Me three. Geez, what has snopes done to us [Big Grin]

--------------------
Come on! Ninja kick the damn rabbit!

Posts: 273 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hug a Revolutionary
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I'd say that even though it was a fun little puzzler, it has nothing to do with how developed the right side of your brain is. The right side of my brain seems to be pretty developed and it took me about 30 seconds to see the guy.

BTW, it COULD be possible for a jpeg to have something jump out at you... If you were to javascript it so that a mouse-rollover would convert it to a gif.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post 
It's scary once you find the man.I was expecting something like those 3D image books where a clear picture jumps up from a bunch of random lines.Also I noticed some of the same coffee bean "formations" copied in the picture.

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I saw a man, but it wasn't THE man you're meant to see. I looked at it and immediately saw a little stick-man right in the centre of everything.

What the HELL does that mean?!

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
guruwan2b
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for guruwan2b   Author's Homepage   E-mail guruwan2b   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by melliferous muffin:
quote:
[qb] I thought this was going to be one of those things that you look at it for a bit and the screen changes really quick to show a man...

quote:
Originally posted by Rehcsif Mit:
Me too
-Tim

Me three. Geez, what has snopes done to us [Big Grin]

Me four and I didn't think to check the properties of the pic. duh..

--------------------
Too much of this navel gazing and we'll disappear up our own arses.
Danvers Carew

Posts: 7465 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BrainDamage

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrainDamage         Edit/Delete post 
This was from a Worth 1000 contest.
http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=22930

Posts: 146 | From: Orlando | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pseudo_Croat
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 218 posted      Profile for Pseudo_Croat   Author's Homepage   E-mail Pseudo_Croat   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
OMG, the Incredible Shrinking Man just fell into a bag of coffee beans! We'd better rescue him before he ends up in a latte!

- Pseudo (needed a spoiler to find him - was looking for the wrong thing) Croat

--------------------
"At all events, people who deny the influence of smaller nations should remember that the Croats have the rest of us by the throats." - Norman Davies, Europe: A History

God wants spiritual fruits, not religious nuts.

Posts: 4578 | From: Sunrise, FL | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Regina Felangie
I'm Screaming of a White Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Regina Felangie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Regina Felangie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I was looking for a 'picture' of a man amongst the beans, but all I could find was a handlebar moustache, which led me to the baldy man.

--------------------
You know my bip-bopping days are over, I hung my boots up and retired, from the disco floor.

Posts: 775 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
katsalittleyellowsongbird
The Spice Is Right

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katsalittleyellowsongbird     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I dont think my brain is working.....

is it bad I was too preoccupied with how the coffee beans looked like bugs
(sigh -time for more meds I guess) [Roll Eyes]
(i guess i dont believe in punctuation today either...)

Posts: 73 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages