snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Stupid protester?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid protester?
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 101 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post 

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Communication Attempt
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Communication Attempt   E-mail Communication Attempt       Edit/Delete post 
Maybe it's a personnal reminder note?

--------------------
"I love God,he's so deliciously evil!" -Stewie,Family Guy

The fun thing about standards is that they come in so many varieties.

Posts: 510 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, if he's a Cardinal's fan. Those teams with white and moron colored uniforms. [Wink]

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Not at all! Merely a reference to these people, with whom apparently he has some sort of beef.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mitochondrial Steve
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitochondrial Steve   E-mail Mitochondrial Steve   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Maybe that's his signature. Like:

"Get A BRAIN!

Love, Morans."

What's is on the sign to the right? "Free Rice"?

Posts: 392 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Roadie
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadie     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Maybe his name is Brian and he wants to be adopted by the Moran family.

--------------------
"The little local company I buy from has CHEAP shipping and I have met their goats." (snapdragonfly)

"And that's one lost erection I'll never get back! You hear me Dan! I'm owed an erection!" (I'mNotDedalus)

Posts: 2658 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
callee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for callee         Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
Not at all! Merely a reference to these people, with whom apparently he has some sort of beef.

Indeed, I can see why he would oppose them, since as their website says,

quote:
The Moran Family Foundation supports innovative interventions that promote healthy mental...development...
Anyone know what they were trying to protest?

--------------------
a moment for old friends now estranged, victims of the flux of alliances and changing perceptions. There was something there once, and that something is worth honoring as well. - John Carroll

Posts: 3375 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
My guess: the half a placard we see in the picture says "Freedom Rings" or similar. "Get a Brain, Morans (sic)" suggests a counter-protest. Together with "GO USA," I'd guess that this is either a counter-protester at Walter Reed Medical Ctr. or at the Cindy Sheehan camp.

ETA: I'm guessing Cindy Sheehan, as the big black letters in "GO USA" look as if they took a while to draw in (and it's hard to print with your tongue sticking out!)

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mairzydotes
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mairzydotes   Author's Homepage   E-mail mairzydotes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The thing that bothers me that everything is capitalized except the "et" in "Get".

--------------------
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating part of the body. Then I realized, look what's telling me that. -Emo Philips

Posts: 36 | From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brandi
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandi     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
This blog seems to suggest that the photo was taken at a fake/satirical "pro-war" rally back in 2003.

I can't vouch for the reliability of the source. I *do* know there were jokes about the term 'morans' going around Portal of Evil back in 2004, so it's definitely NOT a Sheehan thing.

Posts: 2787 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lindiglo
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindiglo   Author's Homepage   E-mail Lindiglo   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
If you have a problem with Happy Days' Joanie, this is not the way to show it.

--------------------
A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.
-Sophia Loren

Posts: 1835 | From: Toronto | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Virulaceous
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 99 posted      Profile for Virulaceous   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
This article seems to indicate that picture was taken at a "Mock Pro-War Rally" in April of 2003. I'm guessing that since the rally was held as a spoof the misspelling was intentional.

Virulaceous

--------------------
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Posts: 86 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Prometheus
Acura-puncture

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prometheus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The sign on the right could possibly be "Free Rick" and the guy could have missed an I in that sign. Maybe he has something against Rick Moranis???
Posts: 32 | From: Toronto | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
My ex boyfriend's last name is Moran...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It's been a cliche' on Fark.com for at least a couple of years now.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages