snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Fatal Consequences of Masturbation (NFBSK) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fatal Consequences of Masturbation (NFBSK)
Oualawouzou
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oualawouzou     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by UELoyalist:
ETA: May be my malinformed Quebecism... Oulazawouzou where are you?

Na, that sounds more like another neologism by those wacky Acadians. [Razz]

--------------------
Le champignon arrive.

Posts: 4372 | From: Quebec | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Prometheus
Acura-puncture

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Prometheus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bentley:
[i]The Graham Cracker believe it or not was invented by a Mr Sylvester Graham as a cure for masturbation. Dr. John Kellogg, founder of the now immense food product company, in particular made it his quest to end "self harm" in young men.

Yes, I heard Kellogg's Corn Flakes was invented for keeping down the urges.
Posts: 32 | From: Toronto | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Fourth Man
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fourth Man   E-mail The Fourth Man   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by UELoyalist:
Les traduisons??? Les traductions...

Aside from that...Yes the translations are correct.

ETA: May be my malinformed Quebecism... Oulazawouzou where are you? [/QB]

You're correct, it is "traductions"; "traduisons "is the verb at the present tense, first person plural. And I agree that the translation is fairly accurate; in fact, it is the French text that contains some spelling mistakes (circonflex accents that shouldn't be there in "embrase", pic #3 and "vomit", pic #11, and an extra s in "nagučre", pic #4) but sloppy spelling is hardly new or rare.

As for there being no mention of blindness, it would be a dead giveaway of a fake of American origin if there were: here, masturbation is supposed to make you deaf.

I've found a mention of this "Livre sans titre" here. Looks real to me.

--------------------
If you keep trying, you'll eventually succeed. Therefore, the more you fail, the higher your chances of success.
-- Jacques Rouxel, 1931-2004 RIP :(

Posts: 406 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
So...are the women okay? Or are we in danger, too?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I don't know Marie. We might suffer terrible things like tender breasts at certain times, along with cramps of the uterus, and may eventually *GASP* bleed from the crotch.

Wait...

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm incline to agree this is misconceived or misrepresented. Coughing up blood sounds more like a virus he contaged either bloodborne pathogen, airborne plague, or similar to STD/AIDS.

Masturbation would harm child bearing yes, but to destroy your life umongst the illustration this sounds more like a plague or virus attracted.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lapis Lazuli
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lapis Lazuli     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Fourth Man:
You're correct, it is "traductions"; "traduisons "is the verb at the present tense, first person plural. And I agree that the translation is fairly accurate; in fact, it is the French text that contains some spelling mistakes (circonflex accents that shouldn't be there in "embrase", pic #3 and "vomit", pic #11, and an extra s in "nagučre", pic #4) but sloppy spelling is hardly new or rare.

Actually, considering the era in which this has supposedly been written, the spelling is pretty accurate. The grammar and syntax definitely feel like something from that era too.

--------------------
Your pants will be legendary, even in Hell.

Posts: 113 | From: Ottawa | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 05 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joseph Z:
Masturbation would harm child bearing yes, but to destroy your life umongst the illustration this sounds more like a plague or virus attracted.

What does "would harm child bearing" mean?

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StratoGal

Icon 607 posted      Profile for StratoGal   E-mail StratoGal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Panda_Marie:

Hey.....if masterbation makes us get skinny, then I'll see ya'll later...I have some excercising to do! [Wink]
Posts: 140 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 08 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:

No! We bring forth to the world...puppies!

-

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
StratoGal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StratoGal   E-mail StratoGal   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TrishDaDish:
quote:

No! We bring forth to the world...puppies!

-

That makes me feel so much better about things!
Posts: 140 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 101 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by NewZer0:
quote:

What does "would harm child bearing" mean?

--NewZer0

Well. I don't know how to put it. I remember listening to Don and Mike one day on WJFK DC. This kid was to bangs his testicles together for a party and said he would probably lose a bit of his child bearing for a while.

I'm not sure, but wasn't there something against masturbation like someone harms a bunny?

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Major D. Saster
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Major D. Saster         Edit/Delete post 
Quote : "But then why did he "stiffen"?"

Actually, a more accurate translation of the penultimate text would be:

"He raves - he struggles (stiffens) against death - yet death is stronger".

Poor boy - he should have known you're supposed to wash your hands before masturbating.

Especially after touching radio-active waste.

--------------------
Desperate, but not serious.

Posts: 689 | From: Confoederatio Helvetica | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
(Regards to puppy love picture)

I'm not sure, but wasn't there something against masturbation like someone harms a bunny?

The picture is a parody of the famous internet joke picture "Everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens!" pic.

-

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Aptenodytes_Forsteriis
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aptenodytes_Forsteriis     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ladies,
I lik puppies, so if any of you has a spare, or is willing to sacrifice 15 minutes or so to create a spare, can I have the puppy?

--------------------
'Hello, assorted humanoid strangers. You are standing casually in our forest. This bewilders us.' Blatherskite

Posts: 950 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
NewZer0
Happy Holly Days

Icon 05 posted      Profile for NewZer0   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
QUOTE]and said he would probably lose a bit of his child bearing for a while. [/QB]

But men don't bear children...

Do you mean it would mess with his sperm count?

--NewZer0

--------------------
I study medieval literature because that's where the money is.

Posts: 1431 | From: Corvallis, OR | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Let's just round out the kitties/masturbation pictures to it's ultimate conclusion, and speak no more on it.

(Edited because I just noticed there's a swear in the picture)

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages