snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Ready for bed (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ready for bed
Shades of Pale
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Priestley's Mouse:
Why is this even taboo? It's just a pair of handcuffs, for pete's sake! Now if she had somebody cuffed to the bed, I would understand, but criminy, are handcuffs really that dirty?

PM

I've read every post up until yours and all I could think was exactly what you just said lol.

Well, that and the fact that they are definitely NOT hanging from the footboard crosspiece, but neither are they hanging from some mysterious modification/button.

At any rate, it's hardly a nail-biter. Can't muster up any enthusiasim at all.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Shades of Pale:

Well, that and the fact that they are definitely NOT hanging from the footboard crosspiece,

Yes they are. You can SEE the crosspiece. It sort of looks like a dark, wide stripe in the bedspread pattern. But notice this "dark wide stripe" doesn't extend beyond the post with the cuffs, and it is not parallel to the other stripes...

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tanta07
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tanta07   E-mail tanta07   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Geez, now I feel downright old-fashioned for still thinking of handcuffs as being kinky. Apparently they're as benign as a throw pillow. Who knew?
Posts: 253 | From: Colorado | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/H_2994/35.shtml#headline

The photo's been picked up by Jay Leno!

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Dogwater
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogwater   E-mail Dogwater   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
On our 8th grade trip to Washington DC, the hotel gift shop sold handcuffs. They were in a yellow box and the pic of the policeman had a real 1950-ish. We all bought them because it was cool to have them. I think I had them hung in my room for many years. I never gave them a second thought, even as an adult, that those were a 'bit kinky' to have around. I can clearly see a young person having them hanging around simply because they're cool looking, sans innuendo.

Besides, the metal ones hurt too much, you really want leather cuffs. And you screw the iron rings to hold them into the wall studs with big lag bolts...

--------------------
As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Posts: 1679 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tragic Story
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tragic Story     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Sorry to open this can of worms again:

But the fact is it doesn't matter how "normal" you think it is. What matters is how "normal" the rest of group society percieves(sp?) it to be.

Bedroom+handcuffs=kinky sex. Kinky sex is a taboo (in the sense of "not polite dinner conversation" as opposed to "shunned by society") or even perhaps a faux pas. The reason this is an issue at all is becuase it did NOT stay in her bedroom.

Which brings us to full circle, did she mean to have them shown or not?

--------------------
-----------
"Societies are supported by human activity, therefore they are constantly threatened by the human facts of self-intrest and stupidity." --Peter Berger

Posts: 85 | From: Central Mass | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages