snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Tarantula in Panties (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tarantula in Panties
Cancerian29
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 506 posted      Profile for Cancerian29     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
is this pic real??

http://www.fundumper.com/funny/protect.htm

Posts: 13 | From: Pakistan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jimmy Jive
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmy Jive   E-mail Jimmy Jive   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I didn't know anyone grew dreadlocks down there...

--------------------
Like Johnny says, I walk the line...

Posts: 87 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Bach_girl
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bach_girl   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cancerian29:
is this pic real??

http://www.pool147.com/funny/protect.htm

Looks real to me. You might want to put a not so safe for work warning though.

I don't know why it wouldn't be real. A lot of people have them for pets (The SPIDERS!).

--------------------
"My Very Educated Mother Just Said Uh-oh! No...Pluto..."~ Steven Colbert

Posts: 3256 | From: Somewhere in Ohio | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mrrentalshoes
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrrentalshoes   Author's Homepage   E-mail mrrentalshoes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Also, obviously, the spider doesn't even have to be real.
Posts: 265 | From: Groveland, FL | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Ah, I was expecting a female tarantula in panties with eight leg holes.

Brad "arachnophile" from Georgia

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mrdie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrdie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mrdie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
If I was a women ( I can assure you I am not ) I would be traumatized if that happend to me. The picture seems real to me, although I want to know how much the women got paid to actually do that.
Posts: 18 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
gamixa
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gamixa   E-mail gamixa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
[lol]

I, like Brad, fully expected to see a tarantula *wearing* panties. Quite honestly, I'm a little let down.

AFAICT from the condom in the lower right corner, this is a condom advertisment. What is the intended message?

"Wrap it up, fellas... you never know if she's got giant, furry, potentially fatal spiders in her drawers!"

Would a condom really help in that situation?

(I'm still kinda bummed about not seeing a spider in its underdrizzles.)

Posts: 54 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Pork Chop
Anchovy of a 1000 Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pork Chop   E-mail Pork Chop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, thats not so bad. The spider is probably just that lady's pet. From what I've heard about them, they are very kind if you stay on their good side. I can easily see her doing this without getting hurt. Maybe its just your friendly neighborhood spider on an evening panty stroll.

--------------------
Have you heard the Word?
Praise Hircine!

Posts: 283 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I used to keep spiders, orange kneed tarantulas specifically, and even the most docile amongst them would bite repeatedly in the stress shown in this picture. The elastic force of the pants is pushing the spider down to what would be intollerable levels - they are surprisingly delicate and sensitive creatures and would bite out of fear in this situation.

The only other scenarios I would suggest would be that the knickers are incredibly fine silk, or that the spider is dead and has been preserved. That or it's a digitally created image - but a live spider? I doubt it.

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnglsWeHvHrdOnHiRdr     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I have been spending the past hour trying to figure out what a "tranchula" was before I clicked on the thread.

Now I know it is a spider apparantly related to a tarantula. [Wink]

--------------------
"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."--George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 19266 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Troodon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I think this is an advertisement for spiders, like those advertisements for beer with attractive women in them.

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Malruhn
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malruhn   E-mail Malruhn   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
ohmygod

i may never have sex again

--------------------
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs & prejudices...

Babies are like tattoos. You see other peoples' & they're cool, but yours is never as good & you can't get rid of it.

Posts: 5622 | From: Jax, Florida | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Kitsune26
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kitsune26     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Count me as third in expecting the tantula to be wearing panties. But that may have been wierder than the actual picture.

--------------------
I'm as giddy as a Japanese school girl in an octopus tank.

Posts: 641 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
tribrats
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 16 posted      Profile for tribrats   Author's Homepage   E-mail tribrats   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Having such a deep fear of spiders that I do, I may never be able to wear panties again! [Eek!]

--------------------
Snopes is moving! Here's snopes' announcement.
Come here to re-register!

Posts: 2448 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
AliBaba

Icon 302 posted      Profile for AliBaba   E-mail AliBaba   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
uh, guys? It's an ad for condoms - did you not notice the picture of the condom and the caption "Protect yourself"?

Or maybe I'm missing something....

Ali "perhaps the ad would have been more effective if it was a King crab instead of a spider" Baba

Posts: 3068 | From: Kensington, MD | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Interesting that it was aimed at a male heterosexual audience, too. I tend to think of condoms of being more for the protection of the receiving partner, but this was clearly a "girls have cooties" message.

--------------------
~~Ai am in mai prrrrrraime!~~

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Steve
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by tribrats:
Having such a deep fear of spiders that I do, I may never be able to wear panties again! [Eek!]

Me neither.
Posts: 1699 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Western Fallout
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Western Fallout     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm actually inclined to believe it's fake. While a lot of tarantulas are "friendly" (see: not homicidal) enough to accept being placed on a shapely lady's nether-regions, the pressure of the panties on its poor little back may cause it to freak. It could even sustain serious injury from being pinned down like that. I own a chilean rosehair tarantula, and while he doesn't bite (most of them aren't prone to do so), he is very skittish and will go great lengths to get away from my bully of a finger when I decide to prod him for giggles. Their primary defense is to flick the hairs on their abdomen off onto their attacker/a curious creature, and are most likely to do so if trapped in a tight space. I've got them in my eyes before. That's just hours of excruciating fun. I'm certain it would badly irritate the sensitive flesh south of the border.

Also, am I the only person to find this little critters cute as can be? They don't have that normal mechanical face that most arachnids do, and they're hairy! They have the fuzziest little underbelly, you could just tickle it until the cows come home!

- WF

--------------------
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Posts: 348 | From: West Virginia, United States | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
This ad is so many ULs using a spider instead...it's the coat/snake deal, the unprotected sex leads to having animal babies deal....

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 503 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Unprotected sex leads to animal babies?

"Oh no! I'm having a puppy!" [fish]

--------------------

Posts: 10111 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Or krill/lobsters, whatever...no one ever said urban legends had to make sense! [Razz]

I had stopped short earlier of comparing to the spiders popping out the zit one as well. I have got to get a life.

Trish " But that goes without saying" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
but this was clearly a "girls have cooties" message.

Actually the way I saw it was that the woman has the spider in her panties in order to scare guys away, thus putting her at a lesser risk of 'incident'.

Thus the solution isn't scaring guys away but inviting them all aboard if they have condoms.

ETA: I'd have to say the "cooties" view is probably correct, just saw it differently at first, and I definately wasn't expecting a spider in draws. [Big Grin]

Looks like a possible Worth1000 submission. A bad one at that.

Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mistletoey Chloe

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mistletoey Chloe     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The spider is there to protect her, as an alternative to condoms?

Interesting thought.

--------------------

Troodon

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troodon     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I'm dissapointed that noone has confirmed my analysis - I was hoping that all I really needed to "get laid" was one of these.

--------------------
Fools! You've over-estimated me!

Posts: 3745 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
GooglyEyes
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GooglyEyes   E-mail GooglyEyes   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Did anyone else start humming the Bananas in Pajamas song using the title?

I am leaning towards an airbrushed or digitally rendereds image for the "girl." The image looked familiar and then I realised why: Playtex Panties The pose and setup (sans spider) seem very similar to me.

Posts: 789 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabus
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabus   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cabus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
That's a less explicit copy of these french ads: http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/French_AIDS_posters.jpg (nsfw)

--------------------
You can't spell failure without U R A.

Posts: 595 | From: Belo Horizonte, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
poutyangel

Icon 606 posted      Profile for poutyangel   E-mail poutyangel   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
screams and shudders violently

--------------------
I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and i'm fresh outta bubble gum! "Roddy Piper"

Posts: 30 | From: Belleville, IL | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TB Tabby
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB Tabby   E-mail TB Tabby   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by mrrentalshoes:

Or maybe it's the woman that's not real. They could do this just as easily with a mannequin, couldn't they?

--------------------
I like to go down to the playground and watch the kids run and jump and scream, because they don't know I'm only using blanks.

Posts: 942 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Brad from Georgia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by TB Tabby:
quote:
Originally posted by mrrentalshoes:

Or maybe it's the woman that's not real. They could do this just as easily with a mannequin, couldn't they?
Yes. Yes, they could.

However, in this state if you're caught doing it with a mannequin, you can do time.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Zipper69
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zipper69   E-mail Zipper69   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Let's take the easiest answer: real girl, fake spider.

Yech - those French ads are WAY too much...

--------------------
What shall be tomorrow think not of asking.
Each day that Fortune gives you, be it what it may, set down for gain.
(Horace)

Posts: 80 | From: Breda, Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TuFurg
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuFurg   E-mail TuFurg   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cabus:
That's a less explicit copy of these french ads: http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/French_AIDS_posters.jpg (nsfw)

This probably goes without saying, but damn the French are brilliant! [lol]
Posts: 687 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Panda_Marie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I don't think it's a case of "girls have cooties" so much as a "you don't know who has what" message. Condoms are to protect the "giving" group as much as the "recieving".

And why not gear condem ads to heterosexual males? Personally, I won't have sex with a guy unless he's wearing a condem, and anything to convince heterosexual males to wrap his package is cool by me.

Panda "no glove, no love" Marie

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
missgrape
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
they're not condom ads, they're french ads aimed at raising safe sex awareness, more specifically to prevent AIDS. there's on with a guy spooning a giant tarantula, too.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Eve MG
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eve MG   Author's Homepage   E-mail Eve MG   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I think it was supposed to be a crab ... as in, "She has crabs." (The link shouldn't be offensive, but you might want to be careful who's looking over your shoulder when you open a page with the title "Pubic Louse."

In the pic in the OP, there are about six legs sticking out of the underwear, and arachnids only have 8 legs. Crabs have 10 legs - still doesn't explain the six legs on one side but it's a little closer, at least.

--------------------
I love dairy! Does that mean I can't be a vegan?

Posts: 1569 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mrdie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrdie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Mrdie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cabus:

I'm not sure if I should scream, laugh, or cry, regardless...that certainly is...creative?
Posts: 18 | From: Long Island, New York | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages