snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » over weight-lifter

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: over weight-lifter
Regina Felangie
I'm Screaming of a White Christmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Regina Felangie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Regina Felangie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Viral Emails

I ask you to draw particular attention to #3.

It looks like it's from a film, I first thought this was from a movie as i thought they guy carrying the 'large' girl looked like Justin Long , the guy from 'Jeepers Creepers' and that TV show, 'Ed'. So has anyone seen a film in which this happens?

I havent seen Dodgeball and I know he's in that...

--------------------
You know my bip-bopping days are over, I hung my boots up and retired, from the disco floor.

Posts: 775 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joe Bentley
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Bentley   Author's Homepage   E-mail Joe Bentley   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
It's from Dodgeball.

--------------------
"Existence has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long." - Rorschach, The Watchmen

Posts: 8929 | From: Norfolk, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
pinqy
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinqy   E-mail pinqy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Some of those pictures are not work safe. #4, #6, #8

pinqy

--------------------
Don't Forget!
Winter Solstice Hanukkah Christmas Kwanzaa & Gurnenthar's Ascendance Are Coming!

Posts: 8671 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Regina Felangie

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Regina Felangie   Author's Homepage   E-mail Regina Felangie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
oops sorry about that! i didnt pay much attention to the 'rude' ones

--------------------
You know my bip-bopping days are over, I hung my boots up and retired, from the disco floor.

Posts: 775 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
djp72
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
in my best david brent voice:
"having a bit of a larf"

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Joseph Z
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph Z   E-mail Joseph Z   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Gonna have to look up Justin Long, because he's DNS Errored.

--------------------
Joseph Z

Posts: 1356 | From: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
2ys4u
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2ys4u     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
yes, that's definately from Dodgeball. You should see it, it's a really funny movie.

--------------------
"Guns and butter."

Posts: 966 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
#6. Best. Kid's show. Ever. (Why can't America have shows like this?)

#9. So, are we talking a bad photoshop here, or does she always leave blue lines on her skin where her shorts end?

Trish "Yes, I do believe I will have the melons" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Regina Felangie

You dont have Power Rangers?! [Eek!]

--------------------

Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Does anyone recognize the people on that guy's back tattoo?

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue Murder

They are the cast off the sitcom 'Only Fools and Horses' - Nicholas Lyndhurst, David Jason, etc.
TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Regina Felangie:
You dont have Power Rangers?! [Eek!]

Not like that we don't! Whoooa-hoaaa Nellie!!!! [Big Grin]

Trish "Daddy? Why can't I watch the Power Rangers anymore?" DaDish

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Greg of Winter
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg of Winter   E-mail Greg of Winter   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Murder:
They are the cast off the sitcom 'Only Fools and Horses' - Nicholas Lyndhurst, David Jason, etc.

Ah thank you. I don't think it ever made it across the Atlantic.

--------------------
Meanwhile, at stately Wayne Manor...

Posts: 1316 | From: Oregon | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue Murder

That's a surprise and a shame. It's one the UK's funniest sitcoms and longest running sitcoms (almost 20 years off and on, I'd reckon).
Double Latte
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Double Latte   E-mail Double Latte   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
What does "plonker" mean?

--------------------
"Senility Prayer"
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
And the eyesight to tell the difference.

Posts: 1755 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Hell's Granny
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hell's Granny   Author's Homepage   E-mail Hell's Granny   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer....... Active topics spacer.......

Someone who is being a 'plonker' bears a certain similarity to a set of flaccid male genitalia.

--------------------
Oakleaf Circle - Elfin Magical Diary-Transit: the astrologers' newsletter

Posts: 1304 | From: South-West Scotland | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Blue Murder

It's an all purpose insult used a lot in Only Fools And Horses. Are most UK Comedies' most famous lines their insults?
"Smegging hell!"
"Stupid Boy!"
"Rodney, you Plonker!"
"Your majesty is like a streak of Bat's Piss!"
"Arse candle!"

fictional lie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fictional lie   Author's Homepage   E-mail fictional lie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
speaking of funny...although in this case she was always trying to hard. The picture from the original post (from Dodgeball) shows Justin Long holding up Laurie-Beth Dinberg, whom you may (or hopefully don't) remember from Nickelodeon's All That. I believe this to be her first role in years.

--------------------
I am nothing but I'm more than you will ever be

Posts: 61 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Regina Felangie

Arse Candle!!

Where have I heard that? I'm thinking Brasseye or something...help me.

--------------------

Blue Murder

I think it was Mark Heap's scrawled insult to a cow in the 'Animals' episode of Brass Eye. Have you seen Heap in The Green Wing? It's ace.
Blue Murder

By the way, on the subject of Brass Eye:
Ha, ha, ha!

Regina Felangie

No I havenot, it looks quite bad to be honest. i love him in Spaced, and yes i do believe it is the insult to the cows.

"The cow dunne my pockits"

anyway there is some more 'viral emails'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,13-2004490568,00.html

--------------------

Blue Murder

You haven't? Come on, a series with cast members of Black Books, Spaced, The Office, Peep Show, Brass Eye, Smack the Pony and Alan Partridge, where can it go wrong?

It's the last episode tomorrow, but in my opinion it's been the funniest show of the year.

Regina Felangie

I know! But it just seemed to be trying too hard in a way, it was advertised waaaaay too much, I have to say I think I'd be more inclined to watch if it hadn't been caned in the adverts, I never found any of the adverts funny.

--------------------

Regina Felangie

quote:
By the way, on the subject of Brass Eye:
Ha, ha, ha!

I'm surprised he hasn't complained about that before. I've had the Jam DVD for ages and always wondered how they got away with it!

"Take care of eachother" hahaha Chris Morris is my hero.

"Six months?! To arrange a jam festival? Isn't that rather stupid?..........
Fifteen hundered pounds?! That's a pathetic amount of money!"

--------------------

Blue Murder

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak! Not really, of course I jest. Yeah I avoided the Green Wing for a couple of episodes cos of those ads. In the same way I let the Scissor Sisters CD lie on my rack unlistened to for a few days cos I'd only heard Comfortably Numb.

Then someone told me it was worth watching and I became hooked. Mark Heap is brilliant as usual, and everyone else is good in it too.

Regina Felangie

Did you watch the Armando Iannucci Shows?
It first cam on TV about 3 years ago, then they repeated it about a year ago, I taped some of it but they didnt show the whole series [Mad] which was annoying, and I think I left the tape at my ex-boyfriends house. [ [Frown] ]

It was excellent. He wrote I'm Alan Partridge, The Day Today and Brasseye, it was like obsevational humour. His delevery is amazing and it's so well written. It was a little bit daring and unconventional but so hilarious. I would give anything to see it on DVD.

http://www.totalcress.co.uk/armando/armando.html

--------------------

Blue Murder

I would always watch Saturday Night Armistice - Iannucci, David Schnieder and Peter Baynham.

Also Iannucci's Radio 1 show was brill. The cast was basically On The Hour (including Lee & Herring) but without Coogan or Morris. I taped a few of them off the radio and they still make me laugh 10 years later.

Regina Felangie

haha that whole comedy 'crew' is so good.

I'm guessing you also remember 'This Morning with Richard but not Judy' and 'Fist of Fun'. Starring Lee and Herring and Kevin Eldon and some others. They are others I would love to see on DVD.

--------------------

Blue Murder

L&H are always complaining how their series are never put on DVD. Stuart Lee hates the BBC now, specially after they treated Attention Scum so badly (the Simon Munnery show that Lee directed). Kevin Eldon is very funny. He had a tiny part in one episode of the Green Wing.

My cousin Ben used to go out with Natalie out of TMWRANJ (as in 'Trevor and Natalie').

Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
I would always watch Saturday Night Armistice - Iannucci, David Schnieder and Peter Baynham.

Also Iannucci's Radio 1 show was brill. The cast was basically On The Hour (including Lee & Herring) but without Coogan or Morris. I taped a few of them off the radio and they still make me laugh 10 years later.

Ianucci also produced The Mary Whitehouse Experience waaaay back when it was on Radio 1. (Have I just aged myself completely or what?)

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Regina Felangie

Iannucci is ace. I'm trying to order his book on Amazon but they are only available from other users, and don't know whether I should buy like that [Confused]

--------------------

Blue Murder

quote:
Originally posted by Anaris:
(Have I just aged myself completely or what?) [/QB]

You're six months younger than me. So that makes you very young.
Regina Felangie

So what does that make me?! [Razz]

--------------------

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages