snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Is this grapestomper for real?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this grapestomper for real?
Pyg Me
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Surely, no one can scream like that on live tv!!

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=49721

And watch the female anchor, she looks like she is fighting back the laughter at the end.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I couldn't understand a word anyone was saying.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
dofwai

Ooh, she certainly sounded hurt....
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Hmmm...didn't see the spot, but Chateau Elan (the winery) is just down the road from us. Of course, I'm no longer welcome there after the unfortunate chablis incident.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cabus
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cabus   Author's Homepage   E-mail Cabus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyg Me:
And watch the female anchor, she looks like she is fighting back the laughter at the end.

I'm not proud to say she wasn't the only one.

--------------------
You can't spell failure without U R A.

Posts: 595 | From: Belo Horizonte, Brazil | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
BeachLife
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachLife   Author's Homepage   E-mail BeachLife   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
They way she fell made it look like she might have broken an arm. But the sounds she made and the "I can't breath" made me think she'd just knocked the wind out of herself. Those are the sounds I'd expect a kid to make in the same situation.

--------------------
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
Jack Dragon, On Being a Dragon
Confessions of a Dragon's scribe
Diary of my Heart Surgery

Posts: 12094 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Debi

Icon 37 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I think she must have gotten the wind knocked out of her. That's happened to me several times and I made funny gasping noises too because I couldn't breathe. I'm sure she was fine.
Isis

That's possibly one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. [lol]
jdust629

quote:
Originally posted by Isis:
That's possibly one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. [lol]

Same here.
I couldn't stop laughing. [lol]
It serves her right, she shouldn't have been trying to cheat.

Rychan

Link broken [Frown]
Pyg Me

Try this link:

http://posttmp.entensity.net/041904/media.php?media=tittiebaby.wmv

It cuts to the chase. The first 50 seconds are deleted so you dont get to see her "cheating" but it is a riot nonetheless!

Pyg Me

I still get a kick out of the anchors in the studio. They can not even look at each other for fear of laughing!
Frozen Chosen

I tried to open the site but my virus scan wouldn't let me. Says there's a nasty virus on my computer now.
Notochord

You can see the video here

And Chateau Elan has this on its homepage :

quote:
FOX Internet Video

We felt it important to address the concerns many have had for the FOX reporter that fell from a wooden platform here on property. This occurred 7 years ago, and we want to assure you the woman is fine. Her fall was the result of the platform being filmed from the back instead of the front where hand-rails are provided. Safety is of great concern to us, and no similar incident has occurred before or since.

Jim Kuback

No link worked for me. A local radio station keeps playing clips here in philly and i would really like to see it.
CD

Howard Stern got ahold of the clip and now uses the woman's odd moaning sounds as a sound effect.
Notochord

Here's another link you could try :

http://www.1061kissfm.com/media/newsgirl.asx

Wizard Lizard

Everyone at work is giving me the oddest look, but damn that's hysterical. It's definitely worth it to try to figure out which of those links will work. [Razz]

I'm a little mixed up as far as who was who though. Was it the anchor who fell, or the person being interviewed? And who was the one complaining that it was "disgusting?" I wouldn't assume the anchor would say that, but then again, why would the person doing an interview for the winery say that either?

I think I analyze everything to death. But back to my original point: damn that was funny.

Blue "YOMANK YOMANK YOMANK" Wizard

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Is it just me, or was it when she screamed in pain, she sounded exactly like a beagle or basset hound?

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Electrotiger
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Electrotiger   E-mail Electrotiger   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
What amazes me the most about the clip is how long they sit on the shot, with the photographer just standing there, shooting the empty platform.

I.E., everyone in the control room was asleep (which is understandable, especially if this was an early morning show), and everyone in the studio was chatting away and not paying any attention (which tends to happen during uninteresting and dull color stories that abound during later segments of local morning shows).

Here's my recreation (gleaned from five years of large-market live local TV production):

Everything seems to be going smashingly boring, when Whatzerface falls down and starts growling.

The photographer, in an amazing moment of clarity, chose not to follow the falling reporter, just in case her injury was graphic or disturbing, and expected the director to cut away immediately and kill the audio feed. Which didn't happen, because of the above reasons.

Then, at some point, SOMEONE who was paying at least a little attention to the show (probably the master control operator), get on the intercom and said, "WHATZERFACE JUST FELL DOWN!"

At which the producer would look up from the eBay page she was absentmindedly searching on her control room terminal and say to no one in particular, "OH MY GOD!"

The director would then catch a glance at the program monitor, and frantically yelp, "UH, READY CAMERA TWO, STUDIO STAND 'EM BY, CUE 'EM, TAKE TWO, TAKE TWO!!!"

The technical director (the person pushing the buttons) and the chyron operator (the guy that does all the graphics) would then probably realize by the panicky screams of the director that something was wrong and sit up attententively at their stations and put worried looks on their faces as if they had been paying attention the whole time.

Meanwhile, in the studio, the camera operators, upon hearing the director yelling through the intercom, would scramble back to their cameras, frantically adjust their shots, someone would scream "STANDBY!" and then everyone would point to the confused anchors, who were too busy gossiping about the news director's alleged affair with the traffic manager to have any idea what the hell just happened.

Then finally the technical director punches up camera two, the tally light flips on and the anchors are on-screen with dumb looks on their faces, and the producer whispers in their ear with the tiny earphone (which are called internal feedback devices for some reason) that whatzerface fell down and they need to go to commercial.

And the whole deal only takes like eight seconds.

Boy, that really takes me back. [Smile]

--------------------
Mr. Sagan did not go too fars, If you just took the time to scan its,
You'd count billions and billions of stars, And billions and billions of planets.

Posts: 332 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Nell

None of the links work for me. Is there another link? Or could anybody tell me the name of the video, so I can look it up with Google?
DemonWolf
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DemonWolf     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
go to www.ebaumsworld.com and look in the "Funny videos" section.

--------------------
Friends are like skittles: they come in many colors, and some are fruity!

IMJW-052804

Posts: 7224 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sidewinder
Deck the Malls

Icon 07 posted      Profile for sidewinder   E-mail sidewinder   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
if you want something that adds to the laughter, got to www.joecartoon.com and play stone flies and that together. We have a match people!!!

(the fly on the guys leg, i think its stone flies 2)

Posts: 282 | From: wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morrison's Lament

Funny as hell, but how is she cheating, though?

--- G.

TrishDaDish

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrishDaDish   Author's Homepage   E-mail TrishDaDish   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
They said they'd stop stomping grapes after a certain time-something about how much could be stomped and a contest is mentioned while they do it-and then she says some little joke and starts stomping fast for a few seconds. And eventually goes for a fall over. Whee!!!

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog

Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tamara1221
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamara1221   E-mail Tamara1221   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
True story. try this link

http://www.stupidvideos.com
click on the new videos tab on the left side of the page. then click grape stomping.
this is Melissa Sanders current bio.
http://www.wten.com/Global/story.asp?S=28380

--------------------
"How many frickin' times do I have to say, 'In the form of a question', people?!?" - Alex Trebek

Posts: 64 | From: Central New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Wild.Otaku
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild.Otaku   Author's Homepage   E-mail Wild.Otaku   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I read somewhere that this was something like 7 years old. But dang! It looked like it hurt. Falling from such a height would do some sort of damage.

--------------------
Tom, we're flying a giant robot into space! "Safe" isn't the first word that springs to mind! - Colleen, Last Hope, Vol.2

Posts: 2710 | From: Meet me in St. Louis | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fuchsia
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuchsia     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Haven't seen the video, but heard the story and the sound from another Philly radiostation (WMGK) today. The screaming sounded like a cross between Tammy Faye Baker and a bloodhound. I was reminded of the I Love Lucy grape stomping episode.

--------------------
Nothing makes sense, so let's have no more nothing and stop making sense.

Posts: 1353 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages