snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Photo Gallery Archive » Two Faced Kitten ......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Faced Kitten ......
LittleLaurie
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 606 posted            Edit/Delete post 
 - Here's the site it came from....pretty strange stuff !!!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Silas Sparkhammer
I Saw V-Chips Come Sailing In

Icon 504 posted      Profile for Silas Sparkhammer   Author's Homepage   E-mail Silas Sparkhammer   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well...such things do happen...but I don't like that picture very much. Very unclear.

Silas

Posts: 16801 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cosmo

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Considering some of the other pictures on the site, I think we can be safe in saying, "probably not real..."

Although...I did see a two headed kitten once in one of those Ripley's Believe it or Not museums, but I think it had died at birth and would not have been able to play with a ball of yarn...

Ms.Hollywood

I did see a story on my local news a long while back about a two-faced kitten. It was a genuine story. I don't know what ever happened to him, but he was acting like a normal kitten and didn't seem to be suffering any bad effects because of this.
kate sporks

A quick bit of googling turned up this article.
dofwai

quote:
Originally posted by kate sporks:
A quick bit of googling turned up this article.

Anyone else think it's ironic (and humorous) that the two-faced kitten's mother's name is Butt-Butt?
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 01 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
The kitten in the picture appears to have died and been 'stuffed', if it was indeed real. Judging from the size of the yarn alone it would be too young to be walking, might not even have it's eyes open.

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RingKeeper
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 19 posted      Profile for RingKeeper     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
This has been in several of the Believe it or Not museums. Does that mean it's real?

Ring"I'm so confused"Keeper

--------------------
There are just some things a dog can't explain to a monkey.

Posts: 2529 | From: Newfoundland | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ms.Hollywood

That is the kitten that I saw the news story about. I just wonder how you would feed the second mouth if there is no esophagus?? Where does the food go then? I would love to hear the double meow, how cute!!
kate sporks

Icon 102 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Hollywood:
That is the kitten that I saw the news story about. I just wonder how you would feed the second mouth if there is no esophagus?? Where does the food go then? I would love to hear the double meow, how cute!!

My guess that there are two pharynxes (pharynxi?) that meet up at the esophagus. I wonder if there's any sort of trick to how the epiglottis works. It could be bad if one face was breathing and the other swallowing.

kate sporks

Zero_Skater_Girl

Icon 05 posted            Edit/Delete post 
i dunno the body of that "cat" looked more like a rat.. but i did see a cow with 2 faces before.. so it is possible
Brad from Georgia
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Brad from Georgia   Author's Homepage   E-mail Brad from Georgia   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zero_Skater_Girl:
i dunno the body of that "cat" looked more like a rat.. but i did see a cow with 2 faces before.. so it is possible

Yes, my farmer grand-dad had a two-faced cow.

As long as he was milking her, she PRETENDED to like him...but then she turned around and gossiped about him to the other cows behind his back.

--------------------
"No hard feelin's and HOPpy New Year!"--Walt Kelly
Hear what you're missing: ARTC podcasts! http://artcpodcast.org/

Posts: 7581 | From: Gainesville, Georgia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 105 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
 -

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I've been doubted before but:

these things you can google for and find out:
the 2 faced cat(though not sure of *that* particular picture)is true
the 2 head turtle is true
the 3 legged frog is true
the Horned Lady is true (medical anomaly)
the Tongue one is true (could happen in any type head on accident)
I suppose the bungee one *could* happen--I know I would shit my pants..

That's just the first page..I could make a list and keep going... but all the animal ones and the horned lady one have been shown on Ripley's(as well as being showcased in many of his museums)

Most of those, you can find on Rotten.com and while not the *best* page for absolute truth--he does try to show pictures that really happened as they are sent in by people...

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Lady Moon Shadows
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 01 posted      Profile for Lady Moon Shadows   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Onto the second page, going up and down the columns, starting with picture number 1
1-that is a case of underdeveloped twins..I believe it is either China or Japan or someplace similar that has a Corpse Museum, in which these kinds of things are put there..True..

2-Seen the picture before, no evidence of tampering, but who knows..Don't know

3-Could very well have happened...

4-looks like a pic in some book or magazine--hey who says animals can't be gay?

5-looks like a float in the orange bowl or something..why not?

6-I do believe this guy is one of those performance artists...

7-this happened--this kid was running from the cops and got impaled...
8-seen this one before, don't remember if snopes debunked it or not....
9-if you cannot figure out which case this is from...hint: Bob-it....
10- seen this one too, don't know for quite certain it is real, but who knows...
11-same with this one--looks like some kind of newbie initiation in a circus..
12--this lady is swahili or something similar...it is true, although I read that if they take those rings off their necks, because their necks have been supported for so long by the rings-the neck is actually very weak, and could break...
13--this is in a book I have about paranormal and seances... supposedly this guy was "lifted" by the spirit..
14-I would say that sign meant the end of the world [Smile]
15-see number 4
16..Nevada...yes..
17 FAKE!!!!there is not a single bone in a penis--it is solid muscle. besides--those look like finger bones...
18--this was Rotten.com's F*** of the Month Club..yes, she really did tattoo that dweeb on her crotch.
19-I don't remember if this picture is for real or not..It looks fake, but with CHernobyl, you just don't know-some bad things happened then.
20-see number 4..

Third page...going up and down the column again

1-this one looks airbrushed badly--although I have seen pictures of people who do do this stuff to their *ahems*
2-I think somewhere this is on snopes--don't remember the outcome of this one..
3-True. Ripleys and even Guiness have numerous pictures like this one. These people really do grow their nails that long.
4-YOMANK!!!!
5-True. Don't know about *this* particular picture..but this is a disease similar to the one that John Merrick had(elephant man) and is some type of wart growth throughout the inner and outer layers of skin.
6- I don't see why this one cannot happen. Bull fighting is dangerous and the clothes they wear, although heavy, usually rip easliy, I would assume to keep the person wearing them intact.
7-looks like an old family photo. I don't understand why the coon and dog didn't fight--but hey, maybe the coon was a family pet?
8-yes this is the same as number 6
9-waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong..snopes has debunked this one since its inception--and I *think* this one turned out fake..it is on Rotten.com too...

ok..there ya have it...

--------------------
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate and wine in hand, body thoroughly used up, and screaming WoW what a ride!

Posts: 2924 | From: Flori-duh | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Binro the Heretic

Icon 98 posted            Edit/Delete post 
The two sheep aren't doing you-know-what.

That one sheep is a bit old to be nursing like that, though.

Anyway, "two headed" animals probably happen more often than you would think. What happens really is a pair of gestating twins do not separate during the first stages and continue to grow together in the womb or egg.

Mammals hardly ever survive for very long. Reptiles, however, can often live to a ripe old age with two heads sharing the same body.

Not to freak people out, but in cases of mammals the mother will usually kill and eat babies with such severe birth defects right away so we really don't know exactly how many are born.

Scott

Icon 02 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Somebody please tell these computer punk-asses to close out of Adobe Photoshop and start doing something less irritating. They're really not impressing anyone.

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages