snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Food Archive » got cinnamon? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: got cinnamon?
timbobmc
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbobmc   E-mail timbobmc   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
GNC sells natural vitamins, protein drinks, health stuff. I buy colostrum capsules there since I teach K-4 and have to ward off the "cold du jour".

--------------------
Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen.

Posts: 536 | From: Gonzales, Louisiana | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ThornyWreath
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThornyWreath   E-mail ThornyWreath   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I found cinnamon capsules today at Vitamin World. They also have cinnamon with chromium.

--------------------
A little glitter can turn your whole day around.--Junie B. Jones

Engine 3:16

Posts: 1456 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
sirhcus
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Why not just add cinamon to your apples, biscuits, cocoa? Why waste the taste by encapsulating it?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Phaedra
Jingle Bell Hock

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phaedra   E-mail Phaedra   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
While I like the taste of cinnamon I don't fancy it every day. I've been taking the capsules for a couple of weeks now and the only difference I've noted is that I don't seem to crave sweet things as much as I usually do. No idea if there is a link. Has anyone else who takes cinnamon noticed this?
Posts: 589 | From: Oxfordshire, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Phaedra I would attridute the lessening of craving sweets to the effects of cinnamon on lowering blood sugar, however slight.

RangerDog

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Xia
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xia   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by strange_little_girl:
Why on earth would they ask for ID when buying cloves?

They once asked my sister and I for ID when we tried to buy Grenadine at Jewel... If you don't know, Grenadine is a cherry-ish sweet syrup--like the stuff they package maraschino cherries in. We thought this was ridiculous! It is not an alcoholic substance or anything! Sure, it's used for mixed drinks but that's like carding people for buying pimento olives or something! The funny thing was, we wanted the Grenadine to make kiddie cocktails !
Plus, my sister was about 25 at the time, but didn't have an ID with her. Luckily we had spotted my brother and his friend in the store (weird coincidence) and so we called them over to the register and asked if they could pay for it since they had ID. [Big Grin]

Xia

--------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Posts: 2110 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Indefatigable
I'm Dreaming of a White Sale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indefatigable     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by snopes:
Comment: If you were to eat a spoon full of cinnamon would i really die of
loss of breath?

I tried dumping a big spoon of cinnamon on a pancake once when I was little. It tasted like so much dust, and I gagged and sneezed for a while. Cinnamon won't poison you, but don't breathe it in.

I think every time you eat a cinnamon bun, you're eating at least a tablespoon of cinnamon.

Posts: 49 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages