snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Food Archive » coke or pepsi redux : too sweet? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: coke or pepsi redux : too sweet?
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 05 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
after looking around the web for cola ingredients, I ran across a number of sites debating Pepsi vs. Coke. The strangest thing is a large number of people said either "I like Pepsi because Coke is too sweet" or "I like Coke because Pepsi is too sweet".

Now how can this be? Is it the quality or type of sweetness that is disliked? How can it be both ways?

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
taste is not an objective thing. One can enen dtetect the differences between water obtainined from teh same source (like on Penn & Teller: Bullshit). Taste is something that some people may not describe and lets not forget that ots subjective. What is sweet for one person, may not be for another.

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Either way, both products are incredibley sweet by definition and have very similar amounts of sugar within. The blends of sugars may be different though and the profile on the palate will differ from person to person, as has been stated, but personally I would put a degree of this phenomenon down to psychological factors.

It seems to me that claiming Pepsi as too sweet in favour of coke, for example, is pushing the boundaries of reason, yet it provides something of an erudite response for an individual when asked, in a society that demands explanations for choice, why you choose one beverage over another.

By applying a factor of discernment into a reply about fizzy drinks the indivdual claims back some identity, when let's face it, few of us could correctly identify a mere half a dozen colas in a blind test [Wink]

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Faith
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Well, for what it's worth, I adore diet coke and actively dislike diet pepsi. I can ALWAYS tell when i've asked for one and been given the other with my bacardi.

I believe I could pass a pepsi challenge any day of the week [Smile]

--------------------
"You watched it. You can't UNWATCH it."

Posts: 1646 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I've never heard anybody mither about the relative sweetness of 'diet' pop Faith, and as an inveterate glubber of DC, I too could easily distinguish it from another brand, as I daresay regualr coke/pepsi drinkers could, by I stand by a blind tasting of a dozen products. Even champagne 'experts' loose their ability to distinguish when faced with enough choices....

Still, you could discuss the relative quality of the artificial sweetners - I recall when diet beverages first started making headway in the UK - some of them were truly awful, borderline undrinkable...

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Mosherette
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mosherette     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I passed the Pepsi Challenge. Well, I passed it according to me because I chose Coke. Pepsi is far too sweet for me [Wink]

But I prefer normal diet Pepsi to normal diet Coke, as normal diet Coke still has something of the horrible artificial sweetener taste Jay Tea alludes to above. Vanilla diet Coke, however, is my drink of choice. Yum.

--------------------
Silence should never under any circumstances be construed as agreement. A lot of the time, it's simply a reflection that someone just said something so stupid that no response could possibly do it justice. - Ramblin' Dave

Posts: 8528 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
STF
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STF   Author's Homepage   E-mail STF   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Coke is much better because it has some bite to it. Pepsi is sweeter tasting to me. I drink Diet Pepsi though because I like the taste of that slightly better than Diet Coke. When I do spring for a Coke I like to prepare it a certain way. It's good to take a refrigerated can of Coke and pour it over a cup filled with ice. That's the best Coke you'll ever have imho.

--------------------
STF on MySpace

Posts: 5186 | From: Coweta County, GA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
chillas
Coventry Mall Carol

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillas     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by STF:
Coke is much better because it has some bite to it.

[hijack]
That's what I like about Coke. You know what I really love? When it's really hot, and your mouth gets really dry, then you get a really, ice cold Coke and the first gulp burns a little. I love that.
[/hijack]

--------------------
Come on, come on - spin a little tighter
Come on, come on - and the world's a little brighter

Posts: 5595 | From: Columbus, OH : The Soccer Capital of America | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
'nother hijack/
From time to time we've discussed soft drinks still made with pure cane sugar. Well, Dublin Dr. Pepper has been sighted here in Austin. If you want your 10 oz DP made with real Imperial sugar, you can get that fix at Monica's Foodmart on 29th and Rio Grande. I couldn't drink it all the time, but it's a nice occasional treat.

/back to your regularly scheduled topic

Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arts Myth
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arts Myth   E-mail Arts Myth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I've always thought of Pepsi as tasting "plastic" or otherwise artificial. Definitely a subjective thing, but that's taste for you. I like Coke (probably just a little too much for a type 2 diabetic...), and don't really like either cola in diet form. However, I don't mind a diet lemon-lime soda now and then, as long as it's cold, because the citrus seems to mask the aspartame. Once it's been out for a while, though, the aspartame starts to come through, so I sometimes wind up chugging the thing instead of making it last.

I once saw a display of kosher 2l Classic Coke, and bought one out of curiousity, and it actually tasted better than the regular Classic Coke. I picked up a few more bottles, and called their info line to see what the difference was. Turns out it was made with actual sugar instead of corn syrup. Haven't seen it around since, but I still look for it around passover season, just in case...

Arts "I wash down my Metformin and Actos with Coke" Myth

--------------------
Stupid, stupid rat creatures! - Bone
"The missionaries told us not to cut ourselves. It displeases Jesus." - Elsie Clews Parsons, Kiowa Tales, quoted in The Mourner's Dance, Katherine Ashenburg

Posts: 695 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Annissa
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annissa   Author's Homepage   E-mail Annissa   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I prefer Coke to Pepsi because Coke tastes more substantial. More syrupy. The taste stays with you after you've swallowed the drink. Take a swallow of Pepsi and it's gone immediately.

Chillas' post has made me thirsty.

--------------------
Maybe I'm thinking myself in a hole.

Posts: 240 | From: Akron, OH | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Sylvanz
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sylvanz   E-mail Sylvanz   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I wouldn't say Coke (my only drink of choice [Embarrassed] !) was "sweeter" as much as I would say Pepsi is more "syrupy." It's like what Chillas and STF said about the "bite." Pepsi tastes flat to me so would seem to be "more sweet" to the average Coca Cola drinker. IMHO of course.

P&LL, Syl

Edited to add: [lol] a similpost with Annissa just proving the subjectivity of taste. lol

Syl'a toast to good taste'vanz

--------------------
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. — Voltaire

Posts: 1944 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jeff-B
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
My preference is not about sweetness. I do think Coke is slightly sweeter though. I prefer Pepsi because it's less acidic. Coke dries my tongue out somehow. My current soft drink of choice is Vanilla Pepsi.
On a somewhat related note, I have a former sister-in-law that was a nearly case a day Pepsi addict. She became diabetic(wonder why?), and now prefers Diet Coke.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Syllavus
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syllavus     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
To me, Coke leaves a bit of an aftertaste. It almost seems more harsh to me, and if I drink it quickly, I get a lumpy feeling in my throat similar to when I drink lemonade too fast. Pepsi goes down nicer with no aftertaste, and it's got more bubbliness. In a pinch, I guess I'd say I prefer Pepsi, although I like both. I think that Diet Pepsi is superior to Diet Coke though. But Diet Cherry Coke is my beverage of choice. I tried Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, and it tasted a bit chemically unfortunately. I had great hopes for it. [Frown]

--------------------
"That would be really dangerous, you know. Indiscriminately extricating someone from the petrified corpse of a supernatural creature." - My Husband

Posts: 4308 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jason Threadslayer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Threadslayer     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I also think Coke has an aftertaste and has a drying taste to it (almost tannic), particularly CF Coke (which I why I prefer CF Pepsi). I also think diet sodas are too chemically.

Regarding composition -- both are made with HFCS, but I'm pretty sure that in the US Coke is made with natural vanilla while Pepsi is made with vanillin.

--------------------
All posts foretold by Nostradamus.

Turing test failures: 6

Posts: 5481 | From: Decatur, GA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Does anyone else get a slight "flowery" aftertaste from Pepsi? It tastes very sweet and very artifcial and very ... flowery.

I adore regular coke, diet pepsi, and diet vanilla coke. I was kinda excited to try C2 but I didn't like it enough to try it again.

FWIW, Pepsi seems to have more of a surface sweetness. Coke, on the other hand, seems to have a darker kind of sweetness.

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickMarie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickMarie   E-mail ChickMarie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Back when I used to drink non-diet sodas, I was a Pepsi girl. To me, Coke tastes like someone sprinkled black pepper into it. I've met people who didn't like Coke, but no one who agreed with my opinion of it. My husband can sort of see what I mean by the peppery taste but he'll drink anything non-diet. I would drink flat Coke sometimes though and I didn't absolutely loathe Coke from a fountain. They both seemed sweeter to me so they weren't so bad.

When I had to switch to diet sodas, I slightly prefered diet Coke at first. It wasn't enough of a difference for me to only drink diet Coke though. After years of drinking diet sodas, I can drink either of them with no real preference.

That is until the diet vanillas came out. Coke's came first and I just thought it was ok. I had been sooooo excited about the prospect of it because I've been a big vanilla soda fan for years. Every time I'd go to a diner that will add vanilla flavor to the sodas for me I was a happy girl. Vanilla Coke (diet or regular) just didn't have the same kick that the homemade version does. Diet Pepsi Vanilla isn't the same as getting a "real" one from a diner but it's much closer than Coke IMO. It seems to have a little more of the vanilla flavor and--very important in my book--a little bit of a thickness and smoothness that's reminiscent of having the vanilla syrup added at a diner. A better mouth-feel.

Kel

Posts: 306 | From: Palmdale, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I despise all diet sodas. Most of them leave a nasty aftertaste, especially those sweetened with Splenda. I loathe Splenda.

I used to prefer Coke, but I think the change occurred when I was living with my grandparents. They're big Pepsi drinkers (or were, until my grandfather developed diabetes) and I picked up the habit, too. Also, my school has a contract with Pepsi and sells only Pepsi products, so after drinking it for awhile, I've come to prefer Pepsi. It has a more sweet and less "bite" (as someone referred to Coke). I'll drink both though.

Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
M. J. Wise

Icon 23 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by moonfall86:
I despise all diet sodas. Most of them leave a nasty aftertaste, especially those sweetened with Splenda. I loathe Splenda.

I generally agree with this, except that I find other artificial sweeteners even worse. My only exception is 7-Up Plus, which is sweetened partially with Splenda but I really enjoy it. I don't mind the caffeine-free varieties of pops, but the diet varieties just seem gross to me, almost all seem to have severe aftertaste issues.
kjbrasda
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjbrasda   Author's Homepage   E-mail kjbrasda   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I prefer Pepsi. I'm not sure what I don't like about Coke, Pepsi just suites me better.
Lovely Lilly mentioned a flowery aftertaste to Pepsi, now that you mention it, it does a bit. But I like that. (I also liked the violet candies my mom had once. Wish I could find those again...)
I have also noticed that after I brush my teeth, or let pepsi go warm and flat, it has a earthy dirt taste to it.

--------------------
"Long ago, when we all lived in the forest..."
Who are you? Who? Who?

Posts: 1587 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 24 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post 
Coke versus Pepsi: It's all in the head

The preference for Coke versus Pepsi is not only a matter for the tongue to decide, Samuel McClure and his colleagues have found. Brain scans of people tasting the soft drinks reveal that knowing which drink they're tasting affects their preference and activates memory-related brain regions that recall cultural influences. Thus, say the researchers, they have shown neurologically how a culturally based brand image influences a behavioral choice.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-10/cp-cvp101204.php

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
fictional lie
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fictional lie   Author's Homepage   E-mail fictional lie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
taste is not an objective thing. One can enen dtetect the differences between water obtainined from the same source (like on Penn & Teller: Bullshit). Taste is something that some people may not describe and lets not forget that ots subjective. What is sweet for one person, may not be for another.

That isn't the point that Penn & Teller were making with that segment; they were trying to say that bottled water isn't any better than tap water, and that people are too gullible to realize that there is no difference.

--------------------
I am nothing but I'm more than you will ever be

Posts: 61 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jaime Vargas Sanchez

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaime Vargas Sanchez   E-mail Jaime Vargas Sanchez   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by fictional lie:
That isn't the point that Penn & Teller were making with that segment; they were trying to say that bottled water isn't any better than tap water, and that people are too gullible to realize that there is no difference.

Try tasting the tap water from my home, or from anywhere in the Mediterranean coast, actually, and then saying to my face I'm gullible.

Jaime

--------------------
"Everyone has problems. They only vary in design" - Mama Duck

Posts: 4988 | From: Spain | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Meaty Pop
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 221 posted      Profile for Meaty Pop   Author's Homepage   E-mail Meaty Pop   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I think that Pepsi has a sweeter taste to it than Coke. Although it's a moot point since I don't drink soda anyways. They're too syrupy and sweet for my tastes. I stick mainly with Crystal Light, and maybe an iced tea at a restaurant, or water.

Meaty Pop

--------------------
Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music

Don't drink and derive--know your limits

Posts: 543 | From: DC | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Midgard_Dragon
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Midgard_Dragon   E-mail Midgard_Dragon   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Vargas Sanchez:
quote:

Try tasting the tap water from my home, or from anywhere in the Mediterranean coast, actually, and then saying to my face I'm gullible.

Jaime

I'm with you on this one, I'm the same way. Tap water from every tap I've ever tasted has tasted *much* different than bottled.

Also, where are my Dr. Pepper people? C'mon! I love Dr. Pepper. I went through a phase where I thought it was too sweet, but then my tastes changed again and I love it. Also, I think the Diet/Regular difference in Dr. Pepper is one of the least out there. I can barely tell the difference unless I drink one right after the other.

--------------------
Midgard Dragon
-==UDIC==-
MidgardDragon's MySpace

Posts: 2455 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Johnny Slick
Angels Wii Have Heard on High

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Slick   E-mail Johnny Slick   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Midgard_Dragon:
quote:
quote:

Jaime

I'm with you on this one, I'm the same way. Tap water from every tap I've ever tasted has tasted *much* different than bottled.
It really depends on the bottled water for me. Dasani pretty much tastes like tap water (which, of course, is what it is). Evian, though, seems like it's a little bit thicker (if that makes any sense) and lacks the aftertaste I pick up in a lot of water. For that matter, around here Safeway's store-brand bottled water tastes good to me, too, and not just because it's bottled in beautiful Concrete, Washington.

--------------------
Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

Posts: 4267 | From: Seattle | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
evilmittens

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I googled for a long time and could not verify this, but a few years ago I saw a TV show that showed "secret ingredients". The main Difference between Coke and Pepsi is that Coke used essence of orange in its "natural flavors". pepsi has essence of lemon instead.
I wonder if this could be a basis for the slight different tastes?

Time to resume googling.

Gale

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gale     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Slick:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jaime

It really depends on the bottled water for me. Dasani pretty much tastes like tap water (which, of course, is what it is). Evian, though, seems like it's a little bit thicker (if that makes any sense) and lacks the aftertaste I pick up in a lot of water. For that matter, around here Safeway's store-brand bottled water tastes good to me, too, and not just because it's bottled in beautiful Concrete, Washington.
Trust me, if you've ever had west Texas water, you'd understand how people can pay --cheerfully pay -- $1.00 for a bottle of water. To approximate the taste, take an 8oz glass of water, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sand, and a dead mouse. Drink said mess through a steel wool pad. yeah, you'd pay.
Posts: 4811 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
medtchva
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for medtchva   E-mail medtchva   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gayle:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jaime

Trust me, if you've ever had west Texas water, you'd understand how people can pay --cheerfully pay -- $1.00 for a bottle of water. To approximate the taste, take an 8oz glass of water, add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sand, and a dead mouse. Drink said mess through a steel wool pad. yeah, you'd pay.
Add South Texas water to that also... I never drank anything else when I lived in San Antonio!
Posts: 229 | From: Lynchburg, VA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Island Manta
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Island Manta   E-mail Island Manta   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jaime

And water from the cisterns here isn't always safe to drink. RO plant water is, though. I grew up on well water - and can tell the difference. It's not in my head. We buy bottled for the house here because the landlord is too cheap to install a UV filter. It's OK to brush teeth with - and shower with, but tastes horrid.

I still use my Brita filtered pitcher for drinking water we buy - it sits in my waterbottle and gets an odd smell to it. Blech.

-k

--------------------
"You never know when you will be attacked by a wild tortilla" - José Zavala
"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin playing goat"
Be good and you will be lonesome

Posts: 3569 | From: USVI | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Arts Myth
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arts Myth   E-mail Arts Myth   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Thing is, with the Penn & Teller bit, it wasn't so much that they were saying people couldn't tell whether water was from a bottle or from a garden hose. Instead, they were presented with a wide selection of phony brand names by the the restaurant's "water sommelier," and given an opportunity to sample them, each with an elaborate (and totally fake) description. People remarked on various differences they could detect in each one while, in fact, all bottles were filled from the same source, the aforementioned garden hose.

So, the P&T test wasn't a test of how good or bad tap water is, but rather how subjective taste is.

Arts "then there was the waiter's 'bulge'..." Myth

--------------------
Stupid, stupid rat creatures! - Bone
"The missionaries told us not to cut ourselves. It displeases Jesus." - Elsie Clews Parsons, Kiowa Tales, quoted in The Mourner's Dance, Katherine Ashenburg

Posts: 695 | From: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Starla
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
quote:
'nother hijack/
From time to time we've discussed soft drinks still made with pure cane sugar. Well, Dublin Dr. Pepper has been sighted here in Austin. If you want your 10 oz DP made with real Imperial sugar, you can get that fix at Monica's Foodmart on 29th and Rio Grande. I couldn't drink it all the time, but it's a nice occasional treat.

/back to your regularly scheduled topic

I recently saw Dublin Dr Pepper sold at First Monday in Canton, TX and wondered what it was. Didn't want to stand in line to ask. Thanks for ending my curiosity.
I may have to try it sometime.

--------------------
This used to be the life, but I don't need another one.
MyBandwagon

Posts: 3254 | From: small town Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
moonfall86
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonfall86   E-mail moonfall86   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
I wonder, why is it called Dr. Pepper? There's no actual pepper in there, is there?
Posts: 885 | From: Florida | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Gale

http://www.dublindrpepper.com/history.htm
Vivling
Happy Holly Days

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vivling     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
Click , young moonfall. [Smile]

It's about halfway down the page.

--------------------
Climb up, over the the top
Shake it, take control
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying
--Jason Mraz

Posts: 1686 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages