snopes.com   
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Food Archive » Cinnamon Imperials

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cinnamon Imperials
Terilyn
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 07 posted            Edit/Delete post 
You guys, please don't get mad at me for posting something so silly...

All my life I have loved those little round cinnamon candies called cinnamon imperials. They come in this huge bag and they are just hot enough, just sweet enough. Well, I've always wondered something. How are you supposed to eat them? I always pop a handful in my mouth and chomp on them at once. A friend of mine puts one in her mouth and sucks on it. My Grandmother insists they are mainly to decorate cookies and cakes and stuff, and that you really aren't "supposed" to eat them as a snack. I can see that they are a hard candy, which would imply that you suck on them, but they are so little bitty that I can't resist chewing them up. So tell me: what is the correct way to eat a cinnamon imperial?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
megaira

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I suppose however you want... in the words of a Reese's commercial: "there's no *wrong* way to eat a Reese's"

Just don't break a tooth or yoink a filling out or something.

Meg

IMightBeGiant

Icon 07 posted            Edit/Delete post 
Since you can buy these as candy:

I say, eat them "as a snack" if you wanna. I love those things, personally.

If you go to www.ferrarapan.com (the makers of Red Hots) you can see how they make them.

IMightBe"Generally preferring to chew them up myself"

Katoklzmk New Year's Fireworks

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
I persnally can't stand them; but, yes you can eat them. They are, however, VERY bad for your teeth.
So if you do eat them, make sure you drink water to rinse out your mouth. In fact, brushing with a wet toothbrush for about 30 seconds afte eating anything like that (or crackers) is a good idea.
Maybe your grandmother is confusing the Imperials with those litle silver balls used on cookies, cupcakes, etc. On the package, those say something like "for decorative purposes only, not for consumption"., or at least they used to - I haven't made suger cookies in a while.

Kat "Never stopped me from eating them anyway-that probably explains a LOT..." O'Klzmk

Tootsie Plunkette
Buy a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella

Icon 07 posted      Profile for Tootsie Plunkette   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post 
My sweet husband, er, Santa knows I love them, so I got a bag of 'em in my stocking for Christmas. Yes, I pop a handful and crunch. My tongue goes numb, but... YUM! I wouldn't dream of wasting them on decorating cookies!

--------------------
--Tootsie

Posts: 5017 | From: Greater Seattle | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
rosa who else

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post 
If you want a real thrill, suck on a bunch of 'em for a few minutes, then look at the bunch: you'll find all the red coating is gone and you've got a mouth full of pretty clear discs.

Now for an even greater thrill, suck on a bunch of 'em and go smile at a stranger.

Bad Rosa [Thwack]

BlueRose

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post 
"Wasted on cookies?" No way! Obviously, you don't know the PROPER way of decorating cookies!

First, you have to make sure you space them so as to cover as much cookie surface as possible. Then when the cookie bakes, it swells and gaps of baked cookie show between them.

Wait until it cools or you'll give yourself a bad tongue burn! When the cookies bake, the cinnamon candies melt slightly and the color runs onto the rest of the dough. When they cool, the cinnamon candies turn kind of hard, but slightly chewy... kind of crispy-chewy. They're the best!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, guys! I think I'll be doing some baking this week!

Blue "And cold, ICE COLD, milk!" Rose

junemiller31

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post 
quote:
Originally posted by Katoklzmk New Year's Fireworks:
I persnally can't stand them; but, yes you can eat them. They are, however, VERY bad for your teeth.
So if you do eat them, make sure you drink water to rinse out your mouth. In fact, brushing with a wet toothbrush for about 30 seconds afte eating anything like that (or crackers) is a good idea.

Kat "Never stopped me from eating them anyway-that probably explains a LOT..." O'Klzmk

Stop taking the fun out of life!

Don't be a food nazi, eat 'em however you want. I personally am too aggressive to calmly suck hard candies, I always chew them up furiously.

Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages