snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Spook Archive » Landlord Sues Restaurateurs Who Say Building Is Haunted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Landlord Sues Restaurateurs Who Say Building Is Haunted
CryoWalt
Remembrances of Things Bass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CryoWalt   E-mail CryoWalt   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Some restaurants actually use this as a selling point. Others as a way to get out of a lease.

Spooky Food

Maybe they're seeing swamp gas?

Posts: 524 | From: Metro Detroit, MI | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those snooping kids!
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ganzfeld:

pssst...its meddling!

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
LikeHeyScoob
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LikeHeyScoob   E-mail LikeHeyScoob   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diddy:
quote:

pssst...its meddling!
True. I should know. [Smile]

--------------------
Support you local community newspaper! CNN.com probably won't be covering your child's spelling bee.

Posts: 609 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Geeto67
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geeto67   E-mail Geeto67   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Not that it matters much considering most of the city is underwater right now, but as a semi-related subject I always found it funny that the State of Louisiana, specifically the city of New Orleans, doesn't require the disclosure of death on premisis when selling a house.

I actually encountered this when a close friend law school classmate bought a house in which the previous owner had been murdered (stabbed 80 times!!!) and left to rot in the house for 5 weeks (three weeks before being discovered and another two while the Orleans parish morgue and the city sanitation department fought over who was going to pick up the body). I know this sounds kind of UL-ish bt bear with me. My friend bought the house eight months after a contractor bought it at foreclosure auction and renovated it. One of the things he did not renovate was the hardwood floor although he sanded the blood stains so they looked like minor discolorations. Anyway, when she discovered this (after living in the house for 3 months) she sued pro se on the basis of failure to disclose the murder. When it became apparent the court was going to grant the contractor's motion for summary judgement, she amended the complaint to include a failure to disclose a defect in the floor, namely the residual bacteria when a body decomposes that may be harmful to humans. I remember reading several of her filings and thinking how creepy it was. She swore the house was haunted also but that didn't really play into it. In the end she won against the contractor and put the house up for sale. Given the current stat of new orleans, I wonder how many people will disclose that the previous owner died in the house now that corpses seem to be everywhere.

From my very limited exposure to asian cultures I have come to understand that spirts play an important part in daily life. I can understand an objection based on religious reasons, but it will be interesting to see how this flordia case is resolved. Somehow I get the feeling they are just trying to break the contract because of something else but there really isn't any other issues, but that is just me speculating.

Posts: 163 | From: NYC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Ganzfeld
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganzfeld     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LikeHeyScoob:
pssst...its meddling!

Like, thanks, pal... I spent a long time on the train yesterday with nothing to do, thinking... not "snooping"... what was it.... "meddling!" (Another mystery solved)
Posts: 4922 | From: Kyoto, Japan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
zakor
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Darned snoping kids!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
diddy
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diddy   E-mail diddy   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LikeHeyScoob:
pssst...its meddling!

Like, thanks, pal... I spent a long time on the train yesterday with nothing to do, thinking... not "snooping"... what was it.... "meddling!" (Another mystery solved)
And no overtly complicated booby-traps.

did "zoinks!" dy

--------------------
W.W.F.S.M.D?
But this image of Bush as some sort of Snidely Whiplash tying the fair maiden to the railroad tracks is beyond the pale. - Joe Bentley

Posts: 2311 | From: Minnnesota | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages