snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Spook Archive » The Bell Witch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Bell Witch
schnoz212
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
www.bellwitch.org/

I love this legend- has anyone heard about any modern sightings of/stories about the Bell Witch that they'd like to share ?

Has anyone ever been to Adams,TN and visited any of the locations from the legend?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ChickMarie
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChickMarie   E-mail ChickMarie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Even though I'm from Nashville I never made it to Adams. I always wanted to though because it's one of my favorite legends.

When I was a kid going to slumber parties and stuff, we never heard of Bloody Mary and all those others. The name we said in the dark in front of a mirror was the Bell Witch. You were supposed to say, "I hate the Bell Witch" three times and she'd reach out from the mirror and scratch your face.

Kel

Posts: 306 | From: Palmdale, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Crono
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crono   Author's Homepage   E-mail Crono   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've always wanted to check out the area as well since it's not too far away from where I live. However, I don't think that anyone is allowed near the property where the Bell Witch supposedly resides (it's on private property), so it's unlikely that anyone would be able to check out the places that are supposedly haunted.

--------------------
Disclaimer: I might know something about everything, but I don't know much about anything.

Posts: 293 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
anjldust
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, the John Bell plantation is private property now. A shame, some friends and I were going to visit it last summer. There are tons of legends and stories related to the Bell Witch all over Tennessee, though. I love having one of the best known supernatural legends in the US right next door.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages