snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » Sam Snead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sam Snead
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 218 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Comment: I was watching a show on the Golf Channel last week and the show
stated that Sam Snead made at least one hole-in-one with every club in his
bag except his putter. Is this true?

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
trollface
The Bills of St. Mary's

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trollface   Author's Homepage   E-mail trollface   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't clubs with holes in be harder to play with? Maybe it cut down air-resistence?

--------------------
seriously , everyone on here , just trys to give someone crap about something they do !! , its shitting me to tears.

Posts: 16061 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Barky, the Wonder Log
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 99 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Woo hoo! I've done something golf-related that even the great Sam Snead has never done! (Okay, so it was minature golf, but still....)

ETA: I'm wondering what hole he managed to ace with a sand wedge.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RealityChuck/Boston Charlie
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RealityChuck/Boston Charlie   Author's Homepage   E-mail RealityChuck/Boston Charlie   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I was going to dispute that, but according to Golf Digest,

quote:
The holes-in-one he made with every club in the bag, including a 3-iron swung using only his left hand, were all witnessed and attested.
Seems like he did it.
Posts: 675 | From: Schenectady, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages