snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » 3 consecutive holes in one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 consecutive holes in one
ctown28
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 05 posted      Profile for ctown28   E-mail ctown28   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Lot's of doubters here. I for one believe them:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1386827/posts

Posts: 143 | From: Cleveland, OH | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
27 trillion to one - bummer - A dose of luck like that and they played golf - I bet they're kicking themselves they didn't buy lottery tickets.

If they did do it, did everyone in the clubhouse get triples? [Wink]

I don't buy it for a second personally....

--------------------
This is where I come up with something right? Something really clever...

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
The Rubber Chicken
The First USA Noel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Rubber Chicken   Author's Homepage     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I think it's possible. After all, Kim Jong Il managed to get 5 hole-in-ones on an 18 hole course. If he didn't get them in a row, I am sure he will in the near future on the Pro Tour.

http://216.26.163.62/2004/ea_nkorea_06_16.html

--------------------
Visit my blog, Websurdity... the Weird, the Bizarre, the Silly, the Absurd.

Posts: 716 | From: Seoul, South Korea | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Cervus
Ding Dong! Merrily on High Definition TV

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cervus   E-mail Cervus   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I had to read the article twice before I understood it. Each man hit one hole-in-one on the 15th tee. I had originally thought it was on consecutive holes (like the 15th, 16th, and 17th). So each swing was completely independent of any other. Each man made one hole-in-one, they all just happened to be on the same hole. Entirely possible, although wouldn't the third ball have bounced out if two balls were already in the cup?

--------------------
"There is no constitutional right to sleep with endangered reptiles." -- Carl Hiaasen
Won't somebody please think of the adults!

Posts: 8254 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Tea   E-mail Jay Tea   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Entirely possible, although wouldn't the third ball have bounced out if two balls were already in the cup?

ooh Cervus, I like your train of thought [Wink]

This is BS of the highest order...

--------------------

Posts: 6552 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
hoitoider
It Came Upon a Midnight Clearance

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hoitoider   E-mail hoitoider   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, if I'm thinking right, a golf ball is 1.68" diam. A regulation cup is 4 1/4" diam. x 6" deep. I tried drawing it in autocad and three balls will fit (even with the pin), but the third guy definitely beat the odds more than the first guy with two balls and the pin already in the cup. Guess he got a lucky (& slow) roll.

--------------------
No man has a right in America to treat any other man "tolerantly" for tolerance is the assumption of superiority. -Wendell L. Willkie

Posts: 3833 | From: Virginia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Unusual Elfin Lights
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 24 posted      Profile for Unusual Elfin Lights   Author's Homepage   E-mail Unusual Elfin Lights   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
But I am sure that the cup is more than one ball's size deep. Horsing around on a golf course as a pre-teen we managed to fit 9 in the cup, sans flag though. I am sure that three would easily fit even with the flag still in.
Posts: 2064 | From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Jay Tea
The "Was on Sale" Song

Ah but if they were shooting crazy golf? [Wink]

Interestingly, i've watched mayber 80 odd majors on the telly and seen hundreds of balls fail to get into the cup with the flag in it and countless wedge themselves between cup and flag so there could be something here...

Either way this is a load of sharb 's far as i'm concerned.

--------------------

Rehcsif
We Three Blings

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rehcsif   E-mail Rehcsif   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Three balls will definitely fit in -- used to use the putting green all the time (same size and type of holes) and sometimes hit in 4 or so. As was already mentioned, the last ball would have to be rolled in, not THAT slowly but not terribly fast either.

-Tim

Posts: 1039 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages