snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » 10 most difficult to get sports tickets

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 most difficult to get sports tickets
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 220 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
A year ago or so, my local paper ran a list of the 10 most difficult to get sports tickets. It included, IIRC, Masters golf tickets, Nebraska Football tickets & LA Lakers Basketball tickets. The thing I really liked about the list was that it didn't just list them, it gave background, history, waiting list times, etc.
I was talking to my mom this weekend & mentioned the list & she said she'd like to see it. Unfortunately, my google/yahoo skills suck because I can't find anything. Any help appreciated. TIA.

Morgaine

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
petre
Deck the Malls

Icon 1 posted      Profile for petre   E-mail petre       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I wasn't able to find said list (espn message boards would be a wonderful place to look for this, but I haven't the time to dig)

I kept finding sites offering said tickets like this one:
http://www.zseats.com/nfl-superbowl.asp
(no, I don't recomend them, I just found them)

Super Bowl, Masters, PGA Championship, Kentucky Derby, Final Four and NCAA Champ?

Oh, and at the top of the list the Naked Mudwrestling Match between Brittany Spears and Jennifer Lopez. Despite high demand, NO ONE seems able to get tickets for that event ;P

Posts: 257 | From: In front of a computer | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Morgaine La Raq Star
The "Was on Sale" Song

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgaine La Raq Star   E-mail Morgaine La Raq Star   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
That's about what I found petre. I distinctly remember The Masters, Green Bay Packers tickets and Nebraska football tickets. Everything else is just a fuzzy remembering. The Derby, SuperBowl & Final Four sound right as well.

Morgaine

--------------------
I cannot live without books-Thomas Jefferson *~* A child educated only at school is an uneducated child - George Santayana
I'm going to pummel you with such zeal, Buddha will explode! *~* Never miss a good chance to shut up - Will Rogers

Posts: 6585 | From: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages