snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » Golfer Sets Record by Making 12 on Par-3

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Golfer Sets Record by Making 12 on Par-3
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 201 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Former PGA champion Bob Tway set a dubious record by hitting four balls into the water and making a 12 on the par-3 17th island green at The Players Championship.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050328/D89433G00.html

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CD
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
So? I've hit 12 on a par 3.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
So? I've hit 12 on a par 3.
Me too. At miniature golf.

- snopes

Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
mgbdriver
Little Sales Drummer Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mgbdriver     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I've lost 12 balls on a par 3.

--------------------
"Chuck E. Cheese called. They want their band back."

my blog
Help me clean my basement!

Posts: 2717 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
RangerDog
Happy Xmas (Warranty Is Over)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RangerDog   E-mail RangerDog   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Ha! 5 years ago I took an 11 on a par 3. It was in the club championship and the par 3 in question was my 15th hole, I believe. It was a shotgun start. Anyway, I was shooting lights out at 2 over par, a cinch to win the handicap trophy and place 2ond or 3rd scratch, when I put one in the water. Went down hill from there with a carded 11. I could barely finish the round. Finished out of the money in scratch and fell to 4th in handicap. Welcome to my world, Mr. Tway.

"Arnie, how did you make a 12 on that hole?"

Ranger "Missed the putt for an 11" Dog

--------------------
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish

Posts: 2036 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
PASnow
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PASnow   E-mail PASnow   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I shot an 86 the first time I went golfing. I didn't bother finishing up the other 17 holes though.
Posts: 75 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
CD
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 01 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PASnow:
I shot an 86 the first time I went golfing. I didn't bother finishing up the other 17 holes though.

Do you mind if I steal that line and use it as my own?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages