snopes.com Post new topic  Post a reply
search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello snopes.com » Archived Forums » Sports Archive » 10 Worst Jobs in Sports

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 Worst Jobs in Sports
snopes
Return! Return! Return!

Icon 402 posted      Profile for snopes   Author's Homepage   E-mail snopes       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenworstjobs.htm
Posts: 36029 | From: Admin | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
vanilla
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vanilla     Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
All I have to say unfortunatly is:

For 76, he looks Fantastic!

vanilla(if all 76 yo looked like that, retirement homes would be the new pick up spots!)pink

--------------------
I swear, it was funnier in my head.
Yeah, I used to be pink. vanilla_pink.

Posts: 2493 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Don Gato
We Wish You a Merry Giftmas

Icon 606 posted      Profile for Don Gato   E-mail Don Gato   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
I remember seeing a piece years back about a guy who worked as a security guard in an NBA arena. He had the best seat in the house -- right behind the basket -- but he had to spend the entire game facing the crowd, I guess to make sure no one got out of line. Same thing, though -- it sounded totally miserable, but he seemed fine with it.

Don Gato

Posts: 951 | From: The place to be | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Andrew of Ware, England
A-Ware in a Manger

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew of Ware, England   Author's Homepage   E-mail Andrew of Ware, England   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
In Britain, at least, the two worst jobs in sport must be:

1. The Manager of the England football team

Your job: To win every match playing exciting football.

Your boss: The Football Association, but really any football fan sitting in any pub.

The downside: Having your name torn apart by any football fan in any pub and having you, your life and your family pilloried in every tabloid paper.

Pay: Don't know - but lots (several million pounds, probably)

2. The coach of the England cricket team.

Your job: To win every cricket series, especially the Ashes series against Australia

Your boss: The England and Wales Cricket Board, but really any cricket fan sitting in any clubhouse or pavilion.

The downside: Being ridiculed by the tabloid press every time you fail to beat Zimbabwe by having your face turned into a turnip.

Pay: Lots, but not as much as the manager of the England football team.

--------------------
Andrew, Ware, England

Posts: 1709 | From: Ware, England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
ticrazyguy
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Number 1 is my mom's dream job, though I can see why it is the worst, $375 a week?! Give the poor guy atleast a grand.

I don't think the Yankees GM should count. It is demanding as all hell but if you do it for a year, you get a million bucks. That is a reality TV show!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Moth Drone
I'll Be Home for After Christmas Sales

Icon 604 posted      Profile for Moth Drone   E-mail Moth Drone   Send new private message       Edit/Delete post   Reply with quote 
Number 10 would be a hard one. I've always admired those who could do the mascot thing. It's hot, stinky, medically dangerous and people beat you up. I think baseball's Hot Dog Macot-gate brought that to a fore front several years ago.

We had probably the best mascot around with the Nashville Predators Gnash. Nothing against the current Gnash but the first guy to play him was probably the best (he left a couple of years ago). One thing he mentioned was that it was emotionally draining: he did a benefit for the kids at a local children's hospital and immediately became close with one of the patients. The kid died shortly after the benefit. I miss the original Gnash!

Posts: 182 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post new topic  Post a reply Close topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Urban Legends Reference Pages